Tobago Travel Answers

change location
Zarasher's Profile Photo

I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by Zarasher Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 5:01 AM

I am about to book a flight to Tobago for June. There is a few questions that I would like to put to you.

1) What is the weather like at this time of year?
2) I am from the UK, will I be able to use my debit card in ATM machines. Is there any problem with using credit cards?
2) How easy would it be to get from Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela and back again?
3) Or to go from Tobago - Venezuela?

On the map Venezuela looks really close, but of course that doesn't always translate into you being able to get to a place with ease, especially where there is water involved!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • clmetal's Profile Photo

RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by clmetal Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 8:10 AM

If you fly BWIA to Caracas, you will automatically have a layover in Port of Spain and you can likely arrange a free layover in Trinidad (that's what we did years ago when we went). They fly from England too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • irvys's Profile Photo

RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by irvys Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 5:24 PM

hi. I have lived in trinidad and Toabgo for the past 10 yrs...but i am a Venezuelan citizen.
    ok...back to your questions,,,
    weather right now in Trinidad (T&T) is very hot. as well as th ecentral areas of Vzla, unless you go to merida and La Colonia Tovar, th eweather there is very cool.
    I don think you will hava a problem usin the ATM machines, i have used foreing ones and never had a problem. and just keep your ID when buying with credit card.

there is a ferry service from T&T that departs from Pier 1 (name of the company) it is located in Chaguaramas. last i know it goes and come back from vzla every wed. (once a week) it takes about 4 hours trip to get to vzla (you can bring your own food and alcoholic bevareges (coke, water and coffee are free, * at least last time i traveled on mAY 06. You will arrive at the port of Guiria in Vzla (about 14 hours by bus to CCS) .

i hope i was able to answer some of your questions.....right now i am in the USA. and actually i bopught a ticket to Vzla to go on my Spring break.

tips for trinidad* plp are usually very friendly...but you can never really tell. do not jump in taxis that number plates do not start with an H (hire) P is private, aot of plp use them aa\s transportation, but it is a bit safer to go with the H car. ***better if you rent a car***

• Zarasher's Profile Photo

RE: RE: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by Zarasher Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM

Ive already booked a cheap and direct charter flight!

• zofka's Profile Photo

Re: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by zofka Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 6:05 AM

Hey

I have an idea about visiting Trinidad & Tobago as well as Venezuela next year. So please make a great travelpage with all the tips you can come up with for girls travelling on their own.

Regards Anna

• lawmc's Profile Photo

Re: I need help! Tobago- Trinidad- Venezuela

by lawmc Online Now Nov 19, 2007 at 7:02 AM

June is the beginning of the rainy season, but the last few years I have been there at this time and it's still beautiful weather with a few showers here and there. There are plenty of cash machines around the Island that accept Visa credit & Debit cards. There isn't a direct flight from Tobago to Venezuela, not sure about trinidad though. I know it's very close - the shortest distance being 7 miles, but like you say this may not be as easy as it looks with the water in the way :-)

Laura

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines