Tobago Travel Answers

change location

Ferries?

by cherylh842002 Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 4:29 PM

Im looking for the least expenisve way to get from Venezuela to Tobago. Is a ferry cheaper vs. plane? If so how would I obtain information about the ferries? You can e-mail me at Cherylh842002@yahoo.com

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Re: Ferries?

by Suzanne123 Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 12:53 AM

Hi Cheryl. You can contact Pier 1 marines. I think there are places in La Guaria where you can get tickets, like Acosta Asociados. Try this e-mail pier1@rave.tt.net An export company that has yachts. Have your documentation ready to perfection...and proof of citizenship....passport....return flight ticket to home, accomodation on the island reserved and an invitation letter.... and everything else that they will rquire. This might be an 8 hour journey, but I could be wrong. In 2002 there were daily trips both ways. Have fun and let me know how it works out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Ferries?

by Suzanne123 Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 2:02 AM

Sorry, the 8 hours was including the inter-tt ferry and it was the one that runs daily and still should. There use to be ferry service from Venezuela, but I don't know anymore. Everything seems to have decreased to once a week, once every six months, and now ferry service seems non-existent. The number I have for Acosta Asociados is 112 265.9842. See if that helps any. For flight costs around 100 US. Try this site to get an idea to see the carriers that fly the route. www.911fly.com Strange name for a site. Maybe it was named before the 9/11 tragedy Well it is only seven miles. You can always swim, or try a fishing boat off Margarita island? do NOT

• oldhippy's Profile Photo

by oldhippy Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 11:43 AM

Here is the current information on the Trinidad-Venezuela ferry from Pier 1 Marines LTD: [Exchange rate is: 6.29 TT =$1 US] Fare: Return Adult - TTD 579.60 OR USD 92 One Way Adult - TTD 289.80 OR USD 46 Children under 12 - half price Infants under 2 - free Departure Tax - From Trinidad - TTD 75 Departure tax - From Venezuela - USD 23 Sailing Schedule 2003/2004: Every Wednesday Depart Pier 1 Port, Chaguaramas, Trinidad 09:00AM Arrive Guiria Port, Guiria, Venezuela 12:30PM Depart Guiria Port, Guiria, Venezuela 03:00PM Arrive Pier 1 Port, Chaguaramas, Trinidad 06:30PM Check in TWO HOURS BEFORE departure times If you are an international passenger, you must present the following for Trinidad & Tobago Immigrations to be allowed entry in this country: 1. Valid passport 2. Certain countries require a VISA before entering the country. if you are in Venezuela, you may consult with the Embassy of Trinidad & Tobago Consul Callendar embtt@c-com.net.ve 3. Valid AIRLINE ticket back to your country of origin 4. Valid place to stay while in Trindad & Tobago 5. Sufficient funds These may seem strict, but are necessary after the worldwide drive to increase security after the September 11 tragedy. Tickets are available from Pier 1 office in Chaguaramas Trinidad AND Acosta Asociados in Guiria, Venezuela. OR you may make a reservation via email or telephone, giving your full name, passport number, nationality and date of birth, with the dates of travel of course. You may then purchase these tickets on the day of travel, at least 2 hours before departure time. It is advisable however to purchase your tickets in advance. Thanking you again for your interest in our ferry service. Carol Sookhoo Manager Pier 1 Marines Ltd. 868 634-4472 e-mail: vips@pier1.co.tt Sincerely Robert Millan TIDCO e-mail: rmillan@tidco.co.tt ..........................

• oldhippy's Profile Photo

by oldhippy Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 11:46 AM

Suzanne is very knowledgable on her ferries...Suze...how do you know such stuff?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines