Tobago Travel Answers

change location

travel to venezuela???

by tabaqui Online Now Sep 30, 2003 at 3:16 AM

heej.. i wasn't able to travel if i didn't have this free ticket to tobago... do you know how i come from tobago to venezuela? cheap and quick? becuase i don't have the money to spend lots of time on the islands... where can is stay cheap? i can work... (i'm a groupleader and occupational therapist..) sanX

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SamSalmon's Profile Photo

Re: travel to venezuela???

by SamSalmon Online Now Oct 1, 2003 at 9:59 AM

First-you as a tourist are not allowed to work in either T&T or Venezuela-unemployment is high and resentment against foreigners taking jobs of natives is high. Second-neither country is particularly cheap-if you have little money you won't be going far. Maybe you should rethink your plan-just find a Guesthouse room in northern Tobago-Guesthouses have kitchens and you can cook your own food. Transportation is expensive on Tobago-even if you hitchike you'll be expected to pay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: travel to venezuela???

by kalimerahara Online Now Oct 1, 2003 at 10:17 AM

It's been a few years since I was there, but on Margarita Island in Venezuela, you can get about for fairly cheap. Of course, you get what you pay for, but I stayed at a place that was only10US per night - NOT that I'm saying it was clean or recommended, but places like that do exist. At the time, there was a ferry that would leave from Pampatar on Margarita and go to T&T and then to Guyana, than back. I'm pretty sure it still runs. Sorry I can't be of more help. Though T&T is NOT cheap, and I agree - unemployment is so high in Venezuela right now, it's not a good time to look to work there. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines