Toamasina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nahampoana

Madagascar Apr 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Does anyone know if you can see Verreaux Sifakas 'dancing' (crossing open areas) in Nahampoana, or do you have to go to Berenty to see them?

more
    • ColinP14's Profile Photo

Driving from Tana to Tsingy de Bemaraha

Madagascar Apr 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from Tana to Tsingy de Bemaraha National park via RN1 turning at Tsiroanomandidy? I have read that some of the route from there to Bekopaka is quite poor, but not how long the journey is. The National Park website does state this as a possible option for getting there.... It seems to be about half the distance of going via Morondava.

Thanks for any advise

Colin

more
    • sea crossings in July

Madagascar Apr 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I will be travelling with a friend in July.

1. We will be in Nosy Be and wanting to go to the area of Diego Suarez. Does anyone have any experience of sea conditions at that time of year? I understand that if we want to go overland we can go by boat to Ankify but it could be a dangerous crossing, and the other alternative is to fly but there is no direct flight – is that correct?
      2. We also want to go from Tamatave to Isle Sainte Marie, but we heard that you can go by boat but that can also be a dangerous crossing. Any comments?

more
    • ColinP14's Profile Photo

Contact Details for Kirindy Private Reserve

Madagascar Apr 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I have read a lot of good things about Kirindy Private Reserve, we are currently intending going there when we visit Madagascar later in the year.

Has anyone on here visited Kirindy and has any information/advise?

I would specifically like some contact details as I can't find any on the internet.

Thank you
      Colin

more