Travel Answers
Tlalpan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Family of 6 moving to Mexico City- Need advise!

Mexico City 18 hours ago

Hi all, we recently found out my there is a high likelihood we will be moving to Mexico city for a US Gov job at the Embassy. Though we are extremely excited for the adventure we are also a family of 6 with 4 school age children and I want to gather as much information as possible. We would be living there for 2-5 years. I have been told that many US Embassy employees live in Polanco but that it is a very "plastic" place. Condessa I hear is very nice as well. I want to totally be a part of the city and culture, my husband is Mexican and I am Peruvian/Spanish so it will not be a culture shock to us but I want to make it as easy a transition as possible for our children. I also have been told the children of US embassy employees go to private schools that are very demanding. We have been given a housing allowance up to $3500/usd a month, what type of home will that afford us? And how about vacation spots close by? We like to vacation a lot and would want to take advantage of being so close to Cancun and Acapulco. Any insight as to what to expect for a US family living in Mexico City (specifically US Gov employee) would be so helpful! Thanks in advance!

more