Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Views in Rome

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Hello,

Where are the best views in Rome?

How much do street artist charge to do a painting? Average price of course, I know its can vary.

more

Eating in Rome

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Hello,

Where to eat on a budget in Rome? How much is a breakfast in Rome? What does it include?

Prices for fruit and vegetables at the markets?

Price of a wine bottle to bring to the hotel versus the price in a restaurant?

more

Roma Pass???

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Hello,

What is the Roma Pass? What does it include?

more
    • Flavoured Vodka

Rome Yesterday

Where can I buy fruit flavoured vodka such as strawberry, raspberry, Melon, etc. I have had it at a friends house and it is wonderful. I will be in Rome this summer and would like to purchase some.

more
    • Train Travel

Rome May 3, 2015 at 10:02 PM

We are travelling by ternitalia from Rome to naples, naples to Florence.
      We have one bag of dimension
      L 68cmsx W:44 cmsx Height:27cms
      Will this fit in the overhead racks? If not where can we keep it in First class?

more

Attractions Outside the Center of Rome

Rome Apr 28, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Hello,

I would like to know what are some nice churches, palazzos, gardens, ruins, etc outside the city's center.

more

Restaurants in Rome

Rome May 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hello,

Names of good and bad restaurants in Rome?

more
    • Do we need to buy a ticket for 4 year old for opera?

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM

We are traveling to Rome at the beginning of June. I was wondering  whether we need to buy a separate ticket for a 4 year old to attend opera in Teatro dell'Opera? Thank you!!!

more

Jogging in Rome

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Hello,

I would like to plan a little jog in Rome but I don't want to run around the imprints of the Circus Maximus, I want to go around the city but I don't know how crowded it will be during July. Is it easy to jog in Rome? I have a feeling the answer is no.

more

Rome to Tuscany

Rome Apr 29, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Hello,

I will be taking away two days from Rome to go to Florence for four days, extending my stay by two days. I will be renting a car when I leave Rome and I would like to know what are some good areas to make a pit stop and observe the scenery, its not a problem if its 5-10 min away so please let me know all the good sites along the road to Tuscany. I'll try to make 2,3 maybe even 4 stops or maybe 1 long one.

Have you rented a car in Italy? Is there a company which is better than the others or are they all good? I see its 500$ cad to rent a Giulietta. I need the Giulietta for the luggage space.

europcar.com/DotcarClient/st...

I did the calculation for 1L/2.10 CAD
      Rome to Tuscany = 277 km
      Giulietta 6.4L/100 km

6.4 x 2.77 x 2.10 = Rounded answer is 40$ CAD

70$ (rental/day)+ 40$ (gas) + 10$ extra = 120$
      3 train tickets = 150$

= 270$

Basically its not for the savings its just for the freedom of stopping whenever we want. I know they're all manuals but is there anything else I should know about renting cars in Italy?

more
    • Safety in Italy

Rome May 2, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Is it not safer to leave passports, documents and extra cash in hotel safe rather than carrying it around in Rome, Naples, Florence and Venice and be a target for pickpockets and other scamsters?

more
    • best tour times

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM

In addition to my previous question, I would also like some help in choosing the best time for taking a tour if the Vatican museum and the Colosseum. The options are 9am, 10m, and 2:30pm. I am inclined to take the 2:30pm option but will wait for suggestions. Thank you.

more

Your Best Tips

Rome Apr 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hello,

Can you tell me your best tips for traveling in Rome.

more
    • Shoe dress expectations in Italy, especially the cathedrals

Rome 18 hours ago

Can I wear nice sanders in the cathedrals in Rome, or must I wear shoes that cover my toes?

more
    • Best way to travel with a toddler from FCO to Trastevere?

Rome Apr 29, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Hi,
      I have a tripped booked to Rome for May 3rd. I will be traveling with a 20 month old child. Is it realistic to consider the train and then tram as a transportation option for us or should I just take a cab into Trastevere? The hotel street is :Via degli Orti di Trastevere . Do taxis at FCO airport go into that part of Trastevere? How much will the taxi run me?

Additionally, I am considering doing a vatican tour and Colisseum tour? Will I be allowed to bring an umbrella stroller into these facilities? Thanks in advance!

more

Hotels in Rome

Rome May 4, 2015 at 11:15 AM

What are good hotels in Rome?

more

Line Ups :(

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hello,

I need to know how long line ups are in Rome in mid July. To make it easier, I just need to know which attractions have line ups longer than 20 minutes because I will automatically attribute 20 min per line up unless you tell me otherwise.

How long is the Vatican line if I have the pre paid entry ticket? Do churches have line ups or you can just walk in? Please just let me know which ones have more than a 20 minute line up and which ones are walk right in if possible, I will be able to do a lot of planning with this information.

more
    • borruscr's Profile Photo

Rome Bus system

Rome Apr 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Hi. Will be in Rome in September and am trying to determine how to use the bus system while moving around rome. The ATAC website will not help as I will not have internet access. Basically I want something that can assist me in determining what bus I need to look for when standing at a bus stop. From what I have read till now, you can see the destination of the bus (the stopping point) but not the various stops it may make (depending on whether people want to climb on or climb off at that stop) I have had a look at the Bus map at romemap360.com/en/rome-bus-m... but it does not really give me any more information and I do not want to spend unnecessary time trying to figure out which bus I need to catch to move from point A to point B Thanks

more
    • Ismailre's Profile Photo

Please anyone assist with prices of metro and bus modes of transport in Italy

Rome Apr 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hi All, I will be going to Rome Italy for the first time in September. Can anyone please advise what the price of metro and bus tickets are like?

more
    • DalsyH's Profile Photo

Bus ride inside Tivoli

by DalsyH Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Bus route inside Tivoli going from one place to another

4 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    • Parking in Tivoli

by robertmusco Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Can you give me some idea as to where I can park my car when visiting Villa Éste? I think there is a car park available at Villa Adriana. Am I correct?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    • markman1's Profile Photo

town to the villa

by markman1 Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I have a hard time walking if the train drops us at the center of town how far of a walk is it to the actual villa. If there are resting places I am ok.

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • Train schedules to tivoli

by Kasper163 Online Now May 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I'm having a tough time finding the train schedules to Tivoli from either Tiburtina station or The Roma Termini Station. Can you help me?

6 Answers May 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    • LAST DAILY BUS TIVOLI-ROME

by PATRIZIANNE Online Now May 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM

What time is the latest time to catch the bus from Tivoli back to Rome? The last train departs Tivoli at 21:37. I'm just asking, in case I miss the last train back to Rome, is bus back an alternative? thanks everyone, Patricia from Australia

2 Answers May 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • Parking at train station in Tivoli Italy

by palmajeank Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Is there parking at the train station in Tivoli. We want to take the train into Rome for the day.

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Tivolo Parking

by ccoleiro Online Now Sep 4, 2011 at 12:11 AM

hi
      I am visiting Tivoli next week. I will be visiting by car and i am trying to check parking options near Villa D'Este. Is there a safe parking and what are parking rules. Are there parking available for tourists near the Gardens, the ones with the parking meters?

thanks

1 Answer Sep 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM
    • Looking for a horse drawn carriage for my daughter's wedding

by usfirstaid Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 6:31 PM

My daughter is to be married in Tivoli on the 17th of September. Would like to rent a horse and carriage to take her from the hotel in Tivoli to the city hall.

Any suggestions??? Stretch limo would be my second choice

Thanks for any help

8 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    • Rome to Tivoli

by AnnPeter Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 9:09 PM

How much of a pain is it to get from Rome to Tivoli (bus or train)? We would like to see the Villa d’est and Hadrian’s villa – can this be done comfortably in a half day or do you need a full day? If possible we would prefer to do this under our own steam rather then take a tour. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jan 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    • Tivoli train station

by aunthoppy Online Now May 24, 2006 at 8:10 AM

We are considering making a trip to Hadrian's Villa on our last morning in Rome, before going on to Florence that evening. I am asking if anyone knows if the train station in Tivoli has lockers, where we could secure our backpacks, or should we lock them up at Termini and go back there on the way to Florence. Some rail routes have us changing trains back in Termini anyway.

7 Answers May 25, 2006 at 8:45 AM
    • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Tivoli

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 8:26 PM

OK, all you VTers who know the in's and outs of Rome, how about Tivoli? I need to find a restaurant that worthy of a 7000 mile trip to enjoy. Are there any in Tivoli and where do I find this restaurant. Thank you for the time to reply.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 1:28 PM