Tivoli Travel Answers

change location

Rome to Tivoli

by AnnPeter Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 9:09 PM

How much of a pain is it to get from Rome to Tivoli (bus or train)? We would like to see the Villa d’est and Hadrian’s villa – can this be done comfortably in a half day or do you need a full day? If possible we would prefer to do this under our own steam rather then take a tour. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Re: Rome to Tivoli

by fairy_dust Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM

I would recommend a full day - I only had a half day and only got to see the Villa d'Este. I loved it so much that I ended up staying several hours in just that villa, and didn't have time to see the other so I spent the rest of the time walking around and exploring the town.

As for getting to Rome, it's easy to take the bus. I can't remember the name of the subway station where you stop to board the bus, but it's mentioned in several transportation tips on the Tivoli pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ihearttheworld's Profile Photo

Re: Rome to Tivoli

by Ihearttheworld Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Train is easiest to get form Rome to Tivoli, Villa D'este is only a short walk away. If you want to see Hadrian's Villa you will need a full day though, it's huge and a short bus ride and a decent walk away from Villa D'este. If you only have half a day though spend time at Villa D'este then just enjoy how wonderful Tivoli is, it's quiet, there's some good shopping and a beautiful view. The food is good too!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines