Tivoli Travel Answers

change location
travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Tivoli

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 8:26 PM

OK, all you VTers who know the in's and outs of Rome, how about Tivoli? I need to find a restaurant that worthy of a 7000 mile trip to enjoy. Are there any in Tivoli and where do I find this restaurant. Thank you for the time to reply.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: Restaurants in Tivoli

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 27, 2005 at 11:18 PM

Near the entrance to Hadrian's Villa (but inside?) is a restaurant that is kind of like a country club. My wife and I were dressed in our usual business casual (Dockers, dress shirts, etc.), and I asked if we could eat outside under the arbor. They were happy to seat us. As we were led out to the arbor, we saw a group of tourists in shorts and loud shirts (yet in their 50s-60s so not young) turned away, I presume because of the way they were dressed.

We ate a very nice lunch out under the arbor on a very pleasant day in July, along with a number - but not many - Italians for whom this was considered a Sunday outing.

You know, I have no idea what we ate, but we remember that meal very well, because it was an example of where you can get in if you don't dress like a tourist. It was the sort of place that people go after church while still dressed in their Sunday best.

Oh, it was not cheap - I think it was100US for the two of us in 1996(!)...but it was good...whatever it was ;-)

Hmmmn, this MAY be the website - hoteladriano.it/en/index.htm...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Restaurants in Tivoli

by baronedivandastad Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 5:13 AM

The place Bill mentions is called Adriano: Tivoli Restaurant Tips by baronedivandastad

Much more traditional (and cheaper!!) is a place called Tenuta di Rocca Bruna, right next to the Tivoli motorway exit. It is built in a former stable, and has a nice park with dining garden, excellent wine list and a few interesting dishes. I haven't tried this in a while, so it may have changed. Let us know!

Cheers,
    mac

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Restaurants in Tivoli

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Thank you for the replies. I will look up both locations and the Sunday Brunch at Adriano sounds interesting. Thanks again for the tips. My wife and I will be in Roma the first weekend of September. Arrivederci.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines