Tintagel Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Tintagel?

by vivakid Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I would be visiting london some time soon. And Tintagel seems like a wonderful place to visit but I've been having difficulties finding more infomation about getting there from London to Tintagel. Is a day trip enough in Tintagel?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Tintagel?

by leics Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM

A day trip to Tintagel, even driving, is not really feasible. The AA travel planner:

theaa.com/route-planner/inde...

suggests around 5 hours driving, but this does not allow for any traffic congestion/roadworks etc (and there are plenty of both in the UK).

It is easy to underestimate distances and travel times, because the UK looks so small. But our roads are often congested, our rural roads are often narrow and winding.

If you wanted to go there and stay the night, you might find something useful here:

http://www.tintagelweb.co.uk/

or here:

english-heritage.org.uk/serv...

The nearest railway station is Bodmin Parkway, and you would then need an onward bus or taxi. Details here:

visitcornwall.com/site/p_130...

Train times and fares: www.nationalrail.co.uk

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MikeBird's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Tintagel?

by MikeBird Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I agree with all of the previous posts but if you need some encouragement ... Tintagel is a wonderful place especially in May or June before the height of the summer season. The clifftops are great and the ruins of the castle community up there are a terrific way of getting your imagination going for what it must have been like back in the Middle Ages.
    Hope you have a great trip,
    Mike

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines