Tinh Kien Giang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to wear

Tra Vinh Apr 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM

What should a male wear in this far south area during may? I will be traveling through small villages in this area

more
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

airport to Hanoi

Vietnam Mar 26, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Hi

What is the best mode of transport from Hanoi airport to Hanoi old town.

Thanks

Sean

more
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

I will need a place to live for 3 months in Hoi An

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 6, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hello... i would like to know if anyone can recommend a site or have information on the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment in Hoi An for a few months... we are budget conscious and must have internet for our online work... would like to be in a good location within walking distance to cafes, shops, and center.
      Thank you in advance

more
    • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Silk sleeping bag liners?

Vietnam Mar 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I remember reading about these awhile ago. Wondering if anyone out there can tell me where to buy them, how much I can expect to pay for them and if they are worth buying, quality etc....

Also, must see's while in HCM??

Best place to head to for a short 2 day jaunt out of HCM and back??? Suggestions?

Heading there in April May for a week

Thanks!

more
    • dirtypierreontour's Profile Photo

Vietnam Travel Agents HiJacking VT Forums

Vietnam Mar 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM

What do you think can be done about the increasing incidents of unscrupulous Vietnamese Travel agents hijacking the forum with self promotion posts. It used to only happen now and then but now it seems to be every post gets hijacked. Interested to hear your comments.

more
    • Safe/good beaches

Phan Thiet Yesterday

After travelling around vietnam we will be looking for a beach location for our last week, we will have our 9 year old with
      Us and we are looking for a nice beach location in and around phan thiet. Most importantly it must be safe for us to swim and not get battered by kite surfers etc. we have not booked our resort yet so are available for suggestions as to where might be best.
      Thanks

more
    • GCoop's Profile Photo

Travel in May and June.

Vietnam Apr 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I'll be traveling at the end of May and beginning of June. I understand that due to the length of the country the weather is quite different in the North versus the South. Can someone tell me which part of VN it's more desirable to travel in? Also, is this the "off" season still in VN, or will it be packed with tourists?

Thank you, Grant

more
    • How much do we need to spend?

Ninh Binh Apr 1, 2014 at 6:34 AM

How much do we need to spend if we will travel 4days 3nights? We are planning to go there by November this year is also the best time of the year to there in ninh nibh?

more
    • Travel from Ho chi Minh to Dalat and return

Da Lat Mar 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM

What is the best and easiest way to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat and return.Spending less than a week in South Vietnam

more
    • Local's experiences

Vietnam Mar 23, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hey guys, planning for a trip to Viet in about 2 months time. Gotta be spending around 2 weeks there. Kinda looking for more local experiences as most of the content out there are touristy stuffssss :(...came across this website http://www.globehop.co/ which claimed to be focusing on only local experiences..it will be good if someone can tell me if it's good, or if anyone has any other alternative suggestion? :D

more
    • Tour in Hue

Vietnam Mar 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM

What is the tourism trends in Hue?

more
    • Family Suite

Hoi An Yesterday

We are a family of 4 with two adult children. Is there any accommodation that has 2 or 3 bedroom suits?

more
    • travelling from ho chi minh to phan thiet

Phan Thiet Mar 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hi, my plane gets into ho chi minh at around 7pm, considering what i hear it can take a fair few hours to get to phan thiet, what transport options do i have? can i get a train?

Cheers
      Celia

more
    • robot_gurl's Profile Photo

Help With an Ao Dai?

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I'm in Viet Nam for the next month, and I'm dying for an Ao Dai. Should I try to get one while I'm in HCMC, or is it better to have one made in a smaller town? If it is better to have one made here, in HCMC, is there anyone who would like to come help me pick out fabric and meet with a tailor? I just got in yesterday, and my Vietnamese is nil. I would really appreciate the help, and it would be fun to meet some local ladies!!

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

HANOI,, HALONG IN FEBRUARY

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi all have asked a couple of questions about Vietnam for our 2015 hols... Not sure if this has been covered, so will ask again as we are desperate to go to Halong Bay
      Is mid February a good time to visit Hanoi and Halong Bay.... We are desperate to visit Halong but only really at the best time....
      Will it be chilly in the morning and evening in Hanoi and Halong, will it be misty / rainy / windy.....
      We do appreciate that nobody can forecast the weather but it would be useful to have first hand experience of previous weathers in Feb..... We have checked the various web sites on climate and weathers in the area and are tempted to go further south.... Please somebody advise us that Feb is a good time to go.....
      Heres hoping
      poepat

more
    • Halong Bay Overnight Cruise

Hanoi Apr 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM

What are the reliable/honest companies that offer this cruise?
      How much will it cost per person?
      Any important reminders about schedules, fees, behavior?

more
    • How much do we need to spend?

Ninh Binh Apr 1, 2014 at 6:34 AM

How much do we need to spend if we will travel 4days 3nights? We are planning to go there by November this year is also the best time of the year to there in ninh nibh?

more
    • Female First Time Traveller to Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hi i am a first time traveller to vietnam HCMC late may, is it safe for female and i am staying in Bui Vien St late around 8.40pm would anything be open for me to explore nearby and meet backpackers, expats and locals alike wanting to meet new people and just relax and people watch. also what is the safest cheapest and quickest way to get from airport to bui vien??

more
    • Visiting during august

Hanoi Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I will be traveling with a 1year and 9 months baby. Do you think it will be hot as hell or maybe a little fresh as it is close to september? Is it a safe place dor traveling with a baby? Thank you!

more
    • How to get a bus from Halong Bay back to Vietnam?

Vietnam Mar 22, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Hi everyone,
      am in desperate need of help. Does anyone know the exact details of what bus to get from Halong Bay back to Hanoi? Please can you tell me where to get the bus from and what times it departs? There are many forums explaining how to get to Halong Bay but this is not the problem, its Halong Bay to Hanoi that i am struggling to work out.
      Would really appreciate the help!

more
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Airport to Hanoi

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Hi

What is the best cheapest mode of transport between Hanoi airport and Hanoi old town

Thanks

more
    • Linhbeaver's Profile Photo

5 days in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hey there :)

I'm from Ha Noi and will be in HCMC for several days for a business trip. Do you have any recommendations for places to visit, foods to eat when I have limited time in the city? (I will have to work from 9 a.m until 6 p.m, so I can just discover the city in the evening).

And are there any big events happening from 18th to 22rd April?

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I would love to catch up with people whilst I'm staying there so if anyone wants to catch up for a coffee, a sightsee, anything really let me know :)

Regards,
      Linh

more
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

Obtaining Cambodia visa em HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM

So, I will be in Ho Chi Minh from Friday to Sunday, and I am trying to understand if it's possible to get a same day visa for Cambodia in a consulate. Yes, I know about the e-visa, I am just not fond of the concept. Yes, I know there is VOA in land borders, I am just not sure if the secondary bus company connecting Can Tho with PP will let me board without a visa and, of course, if I take care of it in the consulate that means least chances of "troubles" dealing with the border staff.

more
    • Da Nang city or Hoi An

Da Nang Mar 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hello, I have one day and night in this area at the end of April after much travelling up the coast of Vietnam and just wondered if anyone could please advise if I should stay in Hoi An or in Da Nang city? Many thanks!

more
    • dirtypierreontour's Profile Photo

Popular Tinh Kien Giang Travel Answer Locations

• Transportation from phu quoc to koh rong (cambodia)

Phu Quoc Nov 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hi there!
      Can anyone tell me if it is possible to go from phu quoc island to koh rong in Cambodia without returning to HCMC?
      I will be travelling alone and would prefer to use buses.. Or can you suggest another kind of transportation, safe enough for a woman travelling alone? Thanks in advance!!

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

better place for family with 2-year-old for one week - Phu Quoc or Mui Ne?

Phu Quoc Sep 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Traveling late Jan / early Feb (the Chinese New Year). Will fly into HCMC and likely spend a couple days there. Afterwards want to spend about one week at a nice resort - ideally on the beach and with nice pool etc. Don't need a lot of adventure given the toddler. At first was looking at Mui Ne, but then thought Phu Quoc might be better since we could fly there form HCMC, and Mui Ne is a rather long bus or car trip. I know this isn't a lot of information but would appreciate your views if you have any.

Thanks!
      crewrower

8 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    • bus BKK to PQC

Phu Quoc May 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I heard there is a bus from Phu quoc to Bangkok.with an overnight stay
      Is there also a bus from Bangkok via Kep and Ha tien including the ferry from Ha tien to PQC ?
      where does it start in BKK and where can you buy the tickets.

3 Answers May 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • Some information please?

Phu Quoc Apr 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Will be in Phu Quoc in 3 weeks and we are staying at Cassia Cottage. Can someone tell me if you can walk to the night markets from here? Also my hubby & I wanted to hire a motor bike - semi or automatic . Is it better to hire one each or should I ride pillion. I have ridden in Hoi An hinterland before. Where is the best place to hire and the cost per day? Also where can I get a map to ensure that we can ride around the whole island without getting lost? Any other tips would be most appreciated.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    • 43beckos's Profile Photo

Chen Sea Resort Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc Jan 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Has anybody stayed in the Chen Sea resort, is there many restaurants or bars near it, or how far is it from the town.

Thanks Vt'rs

4 Answers May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    • annase's Profile Photo

Snorkeling

Phu Quoc Oct 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi fellow travellers. I am going to Phu Quoc for 5 nights in December and would really love to try some snorkeling whilst there. I have heard snorkeling isn't that great, but I am not too worried as long as I can see some tropical fish. I have snorkeled a few times in Thailand (Phuket) where the corals are pretty dull and dead. I have my own gear, therefore, I'd love to hear your experiences of any trips that you have organised yourselves by hiring a boat from local fishermen as well as any trips organised by companies such Phu Quoc Explorer - especially the private tours. I have spent quite a few hours online looking for information so I have a pretty good idea what to expect from John's and Rainbow Divers, which isn't necessarily what I am looking for.

2 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM
    • dogs

Phu Quoc Oct 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I am planning a family trip ti Phu Quoc between end of December, beginning of January 2012. I have read some great reviews and seem to like the idea of a laid back vacation there. However, I have a phobia of dogs (and all kind of animals). How are the dogs there? Do they run wild,without leashes? Are we bothered by them at the beach, market and other public places. I also have children under 5 who are afraid of dogs. Please help!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    • swimming in Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc Oct 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM

We will be travelling to Phu Quoc from Dec. 31, 2011 to Jan. 4, 2012. I have read reviews about the beaches in Phu Quoc that they're not all that fit to swim in (apparently there are sea lice and jellyfish that put a damper on swimming in Phu Quoc).

As we have decided to make Phu Quoc our "tropical beach" getaway and want to spend a good chunk of time relaxing on the beach and swimming (and enjoying water sports) in the ocean, I want to ensure we can actually enjoy our time in the ocean.

What have other VT members experienced with the ocean and swimming conditions in Phu Quoc? Is it not as ideal as I seem to have researched?

7 Answers Dec 25, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    • petert51's Profile Photo

Leaving Phu Quoc by plane or bus to Cambodia

Phu Quoc Oct 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hi all, I'm seeking advice on whether and how I can leave Phu Quoc Island in late December to head to Cambodia and or Laos without having to go back into Ho Chi Minh. Can I assume that by going by ferry to the nearst Vietnam town I could then get overlad into Cambodia by bus etc or can I go by ferry straight into Cambodia.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    • jamiepoetry's Profile Photo

Phu Quoc Accom.

Phu Quoc Nov 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hey there, almost planned the honeymoon completely!

Final question is for accommodation in Phu Quoc.

Looking for beach bungalows, pref. with air con or fanned. A lovely beach to swim in. Tropical setting etc. Will be hiring bikes so isolation not a problem. Budget of up to200 US per night but very happy to spend less.

So far Chen La Resort & Spa looks okay and The Mango Bay resort looks pretty good. I have heard good things about Freedomland but I like the idea of being on the beach.

Thanks!!!

9 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    • Eating dinner

Phu Quoc Aug 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Hello!
      I would like to know what it costs to eat an ordinary meal at a local restaurant, for example chicken?
      Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    • redhotwax's Profile Photo

Weather in July?

Phu Quoc Jul 10, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Hi all!

I'm traveling to Phu Quoc in two weeks and wondering whether I should expect to see no sun or lazy beach days since it's officially monsoon season? Or, could we strike it lucky and have some nice days? We'll be there for a week.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    • Flights to HCMC

Phu Quoc Jul 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I'll be travelling to Phu Quoc in November and flying from there to HCMC and then back to Europe. I've read in the internet that flights from Phu Quoc are often cancelled if there are not enough passangers or the weather is bad. Is this true? I really don't want to miss my flight to Europe, so how much time should I have for transit in HCMC?

1 Answer Jul 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM
    • Looking for good accommodation.

Phu Quoc Apr 7, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hi i have decided to stay and chill in Phu Quoc for 6 nights and i'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on nice places to stay? I have a budget of up to70 dollars a night, and would love to be right on the beach if possible.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Phu Quoc, Nha Trang or another destination?

Phu Quoc Apr 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM

We'll visit Vietnam next turn of the year. After a short tour (Saigon, Cu Chi, Cai Rang, Mekong delta) we want to a spend beach holiday. Which resort would you recommend? Although we want to enjoy beutiful, sandy beaches, infrastructure is very important, because we want to party at night. That's why I originally tended to go to Nha Trang. Unfortunately I researched, that late december/early January is a bad season to go there beacuse of a high chance of rain and due to lack of sun hours. Should we change our destination and go for Phu Quoc? Are there other worthwhile alternatives?

Thanx in advance!

4 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Phu Quoc - what do other travellers think

Phu Quoc Jan 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hi, thinking of flying out of HCMC in Aug 09 to spend 4 or 5 nights on the island. Is it worth a visit? What is the best area to stay in for good restaurants and beaches? Looking to find a reasonable hotel that also has a swimming pool so if anyone has suggestion it would be appreciated. Any other info would be great. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    • Hotel/bungalow with pool march 2009

Phu Quoc Nov 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Hi you all,

Is it at all possible to get a hotel och bungalow place with a pool for a maximum of 35USD? We'll be arriving with 2 small children and one elderly grandmother and don't want to be to unconfortabel. PLEASE help us.

5 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    • sihanoukville to phu quoc

Phu Quoc Nov 16, 2008 at 3:35 AM

We are planning to go to phu quoc from sihanoukville.How do we get to Rach Gia?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    • hotel with swimming pool

Phu Quoc Oct 20, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Does anyone know and can recommend a hotel/GH with a swimming pool on PQ that is not the Saigon Phu Quoc hotel?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM
    • English Prem League footie watching in Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc Oct 19, 2008 at 11:34 PM

I am looking for a nice hotel/guesthouse in Phu Quoc that I can stay at with my family (two kids 7 and 10). I have read about many great places: Mango Bay (despite TripAdvisor's bad reviews) and Tropicana. Unfortunately none of these places have television. Are TVs in rooms an oddity in Phu Quoc?
      I need one (or at least rather close access to one) as we plan to stay over Xmas holidays and there are vital footie matches on at that time that MUST be watched.
      Does Mango Bay have a bar with a television at least..?
      If TVs in hotel rooms are not common, are there bars where games are shown that are close by hotels/guesthouses?

Any advice/recommendations would be great.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • wotsitlike?

Phu Quoc Aug 9, 2008 at 7:26 AM

never been to vietnam how much is visa and how to get there from Bangkok? is it cheap for lodgings and food and whats the night life like?

1 Answer Aug 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    • Phu Quoc in October 2008

Phu Quoc Apr 10, 2008 at 10:31 PM

I would love to get a good sense of the weather conditions in Phu Quoc during the month of October. I hear on many info websites that the rainiest time is October, but we have planned our trip to be in Phu Quoc from October 21-25 this fall. Is that a bad plan? Should we find an alternative beach/island somewhere off the eastern coast of Vietnam to ensure better weather? Or is Phu Quoc totally worth it and is it great no matter the season?

Also, could someone please tell me decidedly whether we should risk buying the plane tickets ahead of time and have it be canceled, or should we take the fast boat from the coast?

Thanks in advance for any true, experienced advice.

6 Answers May 9, 2008 at 7:47 PM
    • Sea Star?

Phu Quoc Mar 27, 2008 at 3:22 AM

Hi! Planning on visiting Phu Quoc at the end of May. I would like a beach front bungalow preferably with an outdoor "at one with nature" shower. Can you recommend anywhere please? Also, I was looking at Sea Star, how can I connect them directly yo enquire about making a reservation? Not sure if Seat Star will be too "touristy". I would ideally like somewhere really chilled with a laid back bar and friendly people.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

a dreaded medical question

Phu Quoc Dec 28, 2007 at 7:50 AM

As much as I'm loath to ask a medical question on a travelers forum, I haven't been able to find any answer on the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) site.

So, here goes:

Is there any risk of malaria in January for travelers to PQ?

(I do remember tons of mozzie and the occassional gecko when I was there a few years ago, but can't remember a thing about malaria. And, if anyone's going to get bitten, it's going to be me, despite slathering on tons of lotions with DEET!)

11 Answers Dec 30, 2007 at 11:40 PM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

need an alternative to staying at Tropicana--and transport question

Phu Quoc Dec 18, 2007 at 1:23 PM

I've going to take a few days of relaxation at lovely Pho Quoc island, however the Tropicana, where I was hoping to stay, is solidly booked.

I've pretty much narrowed second choice accomodations to Thanh Kieu or Mango Bay. Except for the fact that I read that Thanh Kieu doesn't have hot water, I'm leaning towards it. I've read some mediocre reviews of Mango Bay on tripadvisor, even though I know that some people here like it (including JonnyVN, who gives perfect advice, befitting his guru status). And, I assume that I can take a shower with hot water there.

Just wondering if anyone's stayed at either of these relatively recently, or if there is yet another choice for me to consider?

Now, to the transport question:

I'll start out in Vietnam in Chau Doc. From there, I guess I'll have to hire a car to get to Rach Gia to either get a flight to PQ or take the fast boat there. In the past, I had read that the boat ride was just sort of hellish, so wonder if it's any better now, or if I should just take a very short VN airlines flight? I am assuming that I can get, if I start early, a ride from Chau Doc to Rach Gia and end up in Phu Quoc on the same day? Please, please correct me if I'm mistaken!

Anyway, thanks for any assistance on this!

11 Answers Jan 7, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    • Phu Quoc in late October

Phu Quoc Sep 30, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Planning to go to Phu Quoc as part of a trip around Vietnam.
      Thinking of going from the 25th of October to the 1st of November.
      Anyone know what the weather will be like this time of the year?

Also thinking of booking Mai House, has anyone stayed there recently? And what was your opinion of it?

3 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Question why on hotels

Phu Quoc Aug 28, 2007 at 1:22 PM

Why is it that on the Phu Quoc tip page for hotels is there only the Sagon Phu Quoc hotel cited and when you look underneath there 12 hotels given but when you click on it, nothing happens. I must say that going on my own P.Q page the hotel tip does show ?

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 28, 2007 at 2:27 PM
    • Phnom penh to Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc May 3, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Please could you tell me the best way to travel from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc, we are planning to travel in July.

Regards

PPop

• weather in late July/ quality of beach

Phu Quoc Mar 12, 2007 at 7:07 AM

I'm planning to go to phu quoc on the last week july. i would like to know how is the weather like during that time. Also, is the water crystal clear and beach has fine and white sand in long beach and bai sao? are there resorts in bai sao?

thank you very much!

• wireless conection

Phu Quoc Feb 20, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I want to work on my labtop, but i could't find a wireless conect on here!

1 Answer Feb 21, 2007 at 5:06 AM