Tinerhir Travel Answers

change location

Laundry Facilities in Tineghir

by elizabethvb Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

We will be staying at the hotel Kenzi Saghro in Tineghir,Morocco in early October. As 50 pounds is the limit on Air France, we will need to do laundry or take it to a laundry nearby. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • windcity's Profile Photo

Re: Laundry Facilities in Tineghir

by windcity Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If they do not offer this service at the hotel ask your room maid to recommend somebody.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Laundry Facilities in Tineghir

by Elbows369 Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Dont wear any clothes while your there ye wont need to wash em. im not much help sorry

• Abbeythekat's Profile Photo

by Abbeythekat Online Now Sep 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Hi there

Ive just got back from 17 days in Morocco and 10 Hotels.
    Some hotels will offer laundry service....it wasnt that expensive and some will arrange for someone to collect and return your clothes. Or there are laundrymats...but from what I understand they are hard to find.
    I handwashed my clothes, I took a cake of laundry soap and a universal plug for the basin, shower or bath.
    I would ring the clothes out by hand and with a towell.
    I found they dried overnight in the bathroom really quickly as they bathrooms are quite warm in the hotels (they dont get much ventilation). Or I would string up my travel clothes line out on the balcony.

Can I suggest taking quick dry materials and only 2/3 sets of clothes. You will need the extra space to fill your bags with all the fabulous shopping you will see there.
    Enjoy your trip...I fell in love with Morocco and hope to return one day.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Sep 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Hi, I had written a reply here but see its not saved.

We have just recently stayed in a similarly expensive hotel to the Kenzi in the next town along before heading off up to quite a remote area for a few days so wanted to take the opp to get linen trousers done properly.

To compare we took 2 pairs of linen trousers down to the local laundry who did an amazing job of washing and ironing them! for 10 dirham, took about an hour and a half.
    The pricelist in our room had trousers for, when I looked, pretty expensive....30 dirham a pair, maybe only 20 but certainly something like that.

At Tinerhr theres a laundry near the bank in the centre of town about 300 metres down the hill from the Kenzi.

the maid as Windcity says will also be able to advise but she would probably get in trouble if she actually took it anywhere for you to say a friends or so on.

I tend to use the majority of my luggage allowance for items to take to remote areas for schools and families, and also friends here, so I often dont end up taking a hec of a lot of clothes for myself...particularly too as usually buy a kaftan to wear at night as theyre nice and light and pretty cheap and whatever else i might need to add.
    I also handwash as i go along but if theres a local laundry they do such a great job with anything that particularly needs ironing they are worth using.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines