change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation and Spanish schools?

San Pedro La Laguna Jun 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi there!
      I'm planning on spending August studying Spanish in Guatemala, ideally at la Coopertiva (but open to suggestions). I know next to no Spanish and will be a solo female traveller, so I'm a bit concerned about getting there alone. My two questions are:

1) What's the safest way to get there from the airport for someone who can't speak Spanish (yet)?
      2) If anyone has taken classes at La Coopertiva or another Spanish school in San Pedro, would you be willing to chat one on one about your experience?

Thanks!

more
    • Cycle hire

by Hartleypig Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Hi, does anyone know if you can hire cycles at Tikal as my walking is not too good ?

1 Answer Dec 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    • Is it reasonable to make a day trip to Tikal from San Ignacio, Belize?

by cinemanix Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 11:16 AM

We will have a 4WD rental car. Is it reasonable to plan a full day trip from San Ignacio to Tikal and make it back before dark.
      Do you recommend paying for a tour once at Tikal, or can we enjoy as much on our own, if we read up first on the history. We are good researchers.
      If you think it's important to stay overnight at Tikal, can you make a suggestion for a reasonable hotel that is clean and has good standards?
      Thanks for your thoughts!

2 Answers Sep 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Comfortable way to go to Tikal from Mexico?

by schmechi Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 1:50 PM

What is the most comfortable way to get to Tikal from Yuacatan peninsula (I suppose Campeche and/or Tulum will be the southernmost point I'd reach in Yucatan without this detour) Apart from the mentioned I'd be staying in Merida and Cancun the most time of my journey.... Is there any chance for a short trip to Tikal? How long would you estimate, that this trip takes?

btw: I suppose it is forbidden to cross the borders with hired cars, isn't it?

2 Answers Mar 2, 2008 at 2:02 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Cancun-Tikal?

by schmechi Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Is there any possibility for a one or two day trips to Tikal (Flores) from Cancun?
      I realize, that once there was a daily flight operated by Aviateca for around 270 (round trip), but unfortunately, Aviateca was liquidated...

2 Answers Feb 27, 2008 at 5:20 PM
    • Visit Tikal from Guatemala City

by dan382 Online Now Feb 14, 2007 at 9:16 PM

We are landing in Guatemala City mid March around 5am and we have a day and half to spend somewhere before we can check into the hotel we have booked. Wondering if zipping up to Tikal for a day and a night is doable.
      1. What do roundtrip flights from Guat. City cost?
      2. Where can I find schedules?
      3. Where is the best place to spend the night?
      4. Once the flight lands around Tikal, how does one get around? shuttle services?

Tikal looks like 'THE' Maya ruins to visit. Is that true or has it become all commercialized?

Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 19, 2007 at 8:56 AM
    • mucuna13's Profile Photo

HAVING TROUBLE FINDING AFTERNOON FLIGHTS FROM GUAT. CITY - HELP POR FAVOR

by mucuna13 Online Now Feb 12, 2005 at 8:56 PM

Hi, I've read my Lonely Planet cover to cover, visited every website I can in English and just cannot find afternoon flights to Tikal (Flores/Santa Elena). Any ideas? I tried Taca -but they are sold out. Tikal Jets only has am departures (from what I can see). Really don't want to waste a night in Guatemala City. Any advice? Also, the international operator informed me that all #'s in Guatemala are now 8 digits. All the #'s in my '04 Lonely Planet are 7 digits. The US Embassy website listed a 8 digit # but they are not open until Monday. Ideas as to where I get new #'s? Christopher

• From Belize City airport to Tikal

by ubi709 Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 5:24 PM

We are arriving mid-April on a Friday at BZE at 2:30pm. Going to Tikal first, then Cayo District. We have reservations at Tikal Inn for Sat & Sun nights--and trying to decide where to stay Friday night. (1) Because of the lateness of the day, would it be better to stop overnight in San Ignacio then cross the border and go to Tikal the next day, or better to cross border the first night and stay at town of El Remate or perhaps Flores? (2) I've read that Linea Dorada has a shuttle that goes from Belize City to Flores for about BZ$50 pp. Does anyone know their schedule--if our plane lands at 2:30pm will we meet their schedule? Can we catch this shuttle from the airport or do we need to taxi to their location? Any help would be appreciated.

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

Tikal or Caracol

by MrRandMcnally Online Now Sep 12, 2003 at 4:37 PM

I will be in Belize and November and am trying to decide between spending a day at Tikal or at Caracol. Unfortunatly I only have one day to spend. Any thoughts on which one would be a better experience?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2003 at 5:46 AM
    • tikal

by sungirl30 Online Now Jun 3, 2003 at 8:31 AM

has anyone ever been to tikal from belize? thinking og going from belize in august..suggestions on how to get there?

3 Answers Sep 17, 2003 at 6:40 AM