Travel Answers
Tijuana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Do my kids (5 and under) need a passport to travel to Tijuana for 2 days?

by Erin413 Online Now Apr 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM

We are planning a quick trip to Rosarita beach and while my wife & I have our passports, our kids (5 yr & 3 yr) do not. We only live about an 1 hr and a half from where we will be staying, so I wonder if we will have problems if our kids do not have their passports?

6 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • how far to walk to tijuana

by kiwi2828 Online Now Mar 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM

how far after the broader is it to walk to tijuana shopping

2 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    • green card lost/stolen

by azulmar Online Now Mar 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM

hi everyone i have a question , my green card was stolen (plus DL,money and credit card) in houston airport, that happened this week 3-3-15, it was the same day that my mom pass away :( the reason why im here, im planning to return to usa by tijuana border(walking), i only have with me,my mexican passport, a houston police report about stolen green card, and a previews temporary visa but is already expired, im very desesperate, my kids and husband are in usa, I dont have money ,i dont know what to do, I dont want to lose my permanent residen status, should I walk to the tijuana border and explain my case to the officer?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 1:04 PM
    • day trip to

by jalfaro100 Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM

I would like to know where and how to make a day trip to tijuana. Last time we went we didn't get where we needed to be. We want shopping and restaurants. and could we take a bus rather than drive over the boarder.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 1:47 PM
    • social security card question

by MarileeC Online Now Dec 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM

my father in law is trying to Tijuana for the weekend. He can't find his social security card he has his birth certificate and drivers license would that be okay for him to cross back to the US he is a us citizen ???

25 Answers May 23, 2015 at 12:15 PM
    • Crossing border to return to canada

by Frygirl Online Now Nov 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I have a criminal record and I am going from canada to Tijuana from San Diego can they refuse me to return to canada coming back from Tijuana?

14 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    • Crossing the border at San Ysidro back into USA - Green Card Holder

by HannahSoCal Online Now Oct 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I want to make sure I can go to a dentist in Tijuana (unemploed and without health insurance in need of dental work) because I can't afford the prices dentists charge here in Southern California but I also need to know that I can cross the border back home with just my green card. I'm thinking about bringing my driver's license as well but it's not the "enhanced" type. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

6 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    • Ocumichu Ceramic Figures in Tijuana

by 2gmyers Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Buying Old or New Ocumichu Ceramic Figures in Tijuana

3 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • Buying Old or New Ocumichu Ceramic Figures in Tijuana?

by 2gmyers Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Buying Old or New Ocumichu Ceramic Figures in Tijuana?

2 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Restaurant near Hospital Angeles

by gbelle23 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I am a patient at the hospital and was told there is a restaurant near by called The Grill, but can't see it. Anyone know the location?

2 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • medical services

by kalbro Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 3:37 PM

How save are the drs and medical procedures in TJ...my wife is looking into the sleeve bariatric procedure and we will have to stay 3 days...the hospital shes looking into is the Jerusalem hospital...they pick us up in SD at the airport...and put us up in a hotel near by...is this something that is trustworthy. ..we are very nervous.

6 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    • Vehicle Registration

by tanyacov77 Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM

If I have just purchased a vehicle and do not have the registration yet am I able to cross the border into TJ and comeback to the US I have all the other paperwork that goes with buying a new car but it's too new to be registered yet.

3 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • Lovelyrita1's Profile Photo

Where to shop

by Lovelyrita1 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Best shopping intijuana

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    • Crossing Over to Tijuana with 2 laptops

by doraflores0301 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Greetings,

Will I be able to cross over to Tijuana with 2 laptops? Traveling for the first time with my teenage daughter and staying at the Grand Hotel Tijuana. Plans are to take the trolley from SD Airport to the border, and cross over walking and taking a cab to the Tijuana Int'l Airport to pickup a car rental with about a 2 week stay. Then during some of those stays, plan on crossing over to San Diego to the Westin at Glasslamp for some classes that require our laptops, then back over to our hotel in Tijuana?

Any suggestions to cut some of our costs in transportation, and do you know if I can cross the rental car from Tijuana's Dollar Rent a Car to San Diego to the Westin Hotel at Glasslamp?

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • Crossing from Tijuana to San Diego on July 4th.

by DesrtLili Online Now May 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Hi, I am trying to get an idea of how nightmarish the crossing from Tijuana to San Diego might be ON July 4th. I am open to either crossing point, San Ysidro or Otay. I know the weekend can be awful going northbound into the US, but I am wondering what I might be getting into crossing on a Friday AND a holiday. Thanks!

4 Answers May 31, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • walking across the border

by giannaaguilar Online Now May 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM

do you have to be 18 to be able to walk across the border by yourself?

9 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    • Walk across Tijuana/US Border

by sixstrings22 Online Now May 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Hey, I'm planning a trip to Mexico and my passport is taking forever. I have my ticket bought, and am wondering if one could still walk across the Tijuana/US border without a passport. I have State ID and a SSN card, my birth certificate is at the passport issuing office in Canada, I'm in the US.

20 Answers May 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    • going to Tijuana without a passport.

by monica805 Online Now May 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM

My son and I want to make the trip I haven't had time to go apply for a passport. Will we be OK with just our bith certificates and California Id. We will be there one day only.

10 Answers May 11, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • Just going to the Dentist in Tijuana...

by ceojuliej Online Now May 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I'm going to the dentist in Tijuana and taking my grandson with me. We only have our birth certificates and drivers license and will be taking a cab both to and from the border. Will we have any problems get back into the US?

6 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    • Nightclub

by Jayrey Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM

This's my first trip,what's the best club for tonight?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Crossing from tijuana to San Diego

by Dave1975tdc Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I'm in tijuana right now and do not have a passport i want to walk across with my ID and birth certificate if i'm a US citizen?

4 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • walking into the US from Tijuana

by nbouwes Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My passport was recently stolen while I have been in Mazatlan. I went to the US Consulate to find out what to do. The options they suggested were to get an emergency passport (which will take 3 days, so cant leave until 4 days from now) or to get to the border and walk across if I have a drivers license. I decided to do the latter, where I can fly to Tijuana tomorrow and then take a plane from San Diego to home. My question is, how much time should I plan on getting from Tijuana airport to border, cross the border, and get to the San Diego airport (I get in at 2:30 on a Tue)? What about a bus from TIJ airport across the border if I don't have a passport?

8 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • Walking into Tijuana

by Bighuglover Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I've been across many times, but the last time, the new pedestrian route was a difficult walk for me. Are there now any reasonable alternatives ? Mexicoach used to run a cross border bus, but they were very unreliable. I think there must be some other way - I'm not the only one who would have difficulty with the new pedestrian crossing.

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    • Rosarita or Tijuana - Help please!

by JoeDan009 Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM

We are going on a holiday to San Diego and would like to pop over the border into Mexico for a few days....should we stay in Tijuana or go somewhere like Rosarita and drive into Tijuana for the day? Thanks for your help! Danielle

7 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • Do i need a valid US passport to fly out of Tijuana?

by eikam94 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Hello,
      I am going on a trip with some friends to Los Cabos and we will be flying out of Tijuana airport. Will we need a U.S passport for this or would valid ID and birth certificate be okay?

11 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • one day travel to TIJUANA

by dalvarado Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Im going to Tijuana airport to pick up my husband, I have a passport but my sons just expired this December, would we either be able to walk across or drive across with no problem?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    • Daughter "moved" to Ensenada

by ms_debbieg Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 8:33 PM

My daughter, her boyfriend and dog packed up and moved to Ensenada at Thanksgiving 2013 without passports. I am so worried about her decision, could someone please tell me will she be able to get back in the U.S. (she was born & raised in Dallas, Texas)? Will she be able to bring her dog home? If so what will she need? I know I will need these answers as she often does impulsive things and creates life drama......

15 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • Sending Packages

by number1jewel Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

What is the procedure for sending packages from Tijuana to the interior of Mexico?

4 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • custom made shoes

by dthor Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My wife and I would like to have custom made shoes for us. Who does this in Tijuana?

3 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 2:28 AM
    • in need of shopping suggestions

by guera909 Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

where should i go to buy cowboy boots rite now near the east border of Tj(Otay). and well im also in search of renting poss. buying a home here any suggestions

1 Answer Oct 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM