Tijuana Travel Answers

change location

TIJ Authorized Taxi from Border

by Yudili Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM

What are the names of the five taxi companies authorized to service the Tijuana Airport and is it possible to get one of those cabs from the Otay Mesa border crossing to the airport? If so, which side of the border will they pick us up? How much should it cost to go the 2.9 miles from the Otay Mesa crossing to TIJ? How safe are they?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: TIJ Authorized Taxi from Border

by lmkluque Online Now Apr 29, 2008 at 8:34 AM

I don't know the specific names of the cab companies, and which one you take is not really important. The main thing is to negotiate the price before getting into the car.

The price will be lower if you take the taxi from the Mexican side than if you order one on the USA side.

I'd suggest you call the airport and ask which companies will pick you up at the USA side if that is what you want.

As far as I've experienced, some taxis drivers drive irradically, but are basically safe in a general sense.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: TIJ Authorized Taxi from Border

by lmkluque Online Now May 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM

You didn't say when you were planning this trip but I thought I'd mention that I came across another option for travel between San Diego and the Tijuana Airport.

Volaris has a shuttle service. The charge at this writing is15.00 one way and that includes crossing the border.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines