Tijuana Travel Answers

change location

Foreigner Reentry to the US

by Quickshift Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 2:54 PM

Hi, my friend is french and wants to travel to tijuana. How and where does she need to go to obtain a reentry green form (card) which allows the french tourists to stay for another 90 days?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

    RE: Foreigner Reentry to the US

    by lmkluque Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 7:58 AM

    Your question is not clear to me. Is your friend staying in the USA and wants to visit Tijuana for the day or is your friend staying in Mexico for some time and then wants to come back to the USA?

    A "green" card is a document for people who immigrate into the USA which allows them resident status, it is not a visa or pass to reenter the USA.

    If your friend just wants to visit Tijuana for a day and has a "multi-entry" visa on the passport, it is possible to visit Mexico for a day and reenter with that. (Even without multi-entry on the passport, most people are allowed reentry as they do not stamp the passport when entering Mexico from the border crossing at San Ysidro. However, that may have changed since 911)

    Does your friend want to extend the time limits for staying in the USA?

    That can be done at the US side of the border as you enter from Mexico. It is better to try to do this during "off hours" rather than at "peak hours" and still it could take some time to accomplish. Your friend should be able to show enough money or Travelers Checks to prove they can stay here without having to work.

    Hope this helps,

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines