Tijuana Travel Answers

change location

Tijuana airport to Ensenada

by malhotraspokane Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Hello, does anyone have a recommendation for ground transportation from Tijuana airport to Ensenada, other than renting a car (we are not returning to Tijuana airport)?

I heard that the ABC bus or Mexicoach bus go to Ensenada. How far is the closest bus terminal from the airport for ABC or Mexicoach, and what exactly do we tell the taxi driver?

Or is there an inexpensive collectivo from the Tijuana airport?

Any replies will be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mracine's Profile Photo

RE: Tijuana airport to Ensenada

by mracine Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM

I am familiar with the process of getting to Ensenada from San Deigo and Tijuana, but I've never done it from the TJ airport. This is what I know: You will need to get to the bus station called Terminal Tijuana Central. You can probably do this from the airport by taxi or shuttle (olectivo). When you get to Terminal Tijuana Central, go to the ticket counter for ABC Bus Lines (Autotransportes de Baja California) and buy a one-way ticket to Ensenada. Cost: approximately10.00. The bus will arrive at the main Ensenada bus terminal located at Avenida Riveroll and Calle 11 in about an hour and one half. Buena suerte!

Martha Racine Taylor, Author of Spanish-Live It and Learn It! The Complete Guide to Language Immersion Schools in Mexico

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines