Tijuana Travel Answers

change location

Jai Alai

by thejacksonfamily Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 6:54 AM

We'll be visiting Tijuana in early July for a half day with a young boy. Is it possible to walk to the Jai Alai Palace from Revolution Blvd.? I don't think he can take 3 hours of just shopping. And I'm not sure I want to get in a taxi.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

RE: Jai Alai

by lmkluque Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 8:03 AM

The Jai Alai Palace is on Revolution Avenue between Seventh and Eight Streets. It is about a mile or so from the border. If you are coming from San Diego there are buses on the USA side that will take you into downtown Tijuana, probably as far as Seventh, for a couple of dollars.

Be aware that you will only be able to see the Jai Alai Palace. They now only offer "sports book" betting on world wide sporting events. Some of the restaurants along Avenida Revolucion offer various activites, such as volleyball and basketball inside the restaurant, but that may only be at night. You could ask.

The young boy may find shopping in Tijuana fascinating, lots of colorful things, including toys are offered. Once I even saw Spiderman dancing on the roof. To get a better idea what is offered, take a look at my Tijuana page.

Hope this helps,
    Linda

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines