Tijuana Travel Answers

change location
Mike151's Profile Photo

Tijuana Tourist

by Mike151 Online Now Apr 11, 2004 at 12:06 PM

I know just about everything I want to see during my 5/4 - 5/11 trip to San Diego trip, but I'm writing today for advice on Tijuana. We want to spend a few days there and we want to see the best it has to offer. I have lots of questions. Is it safe for the kids? Is Foxploration worth a visit? Are there bullfights in early May? Where can we find good shopping? Are the prices set or do I need to negotiate? Is the food safe to eat? The water? I dont think I want to take the rental car - is the Rosarita Bus I read about the best way to go? Do I need to take Pesos? What are some good places for photos of scenery , architecture and people? Thanks for your help MIke

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Tijuana Tourist

by 4311 Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 10:15 PM

Hello Mike,
    If you are staying in San Diego, the cheapest and easiest way to go to Tijuana is on the blue line trolley. From the border you can either walk or take a taxi to avenida Revolucion to shop. You must bargain and the U.S. dollar is accepted everywhere. The water is safe now and the food. The safari Club on Revolution had good food and nice people. Daytime is pretty safe. At night I would take a cab. If you have a child, the bathrooms at the tourist building are cleaner. If you walk to the arch, the mariachis practice there and you can hear them for free and take pictures. There is a cathedral there.in Tijuana. A bus driver told us the pictures on the donkey do not come out. If you don't want to be bothered each time you pass a store, walk further away from the store fronts and ignore them. It cost us 5 dollars for two adults on the trolley, but we came way from Mission Valley. I guess you can find some cheaper hotels on revolution. They are safe. I wouldn't take the rental car. It might get dented. Beware of the men who want to give you straight tequila out of a bottle. My friend got very drunk. I guess tequila really hits you. I don't drink myself. I had coffee. There is a grocery store on revolucion avenue. I enjoyed myself. I don't know what else to tell you. The people were very nice to me in Tijuana.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines