Tierra del Fuego

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Skiing in September. Mendoza or Bariloche

Argentina Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am planning a ski trip in September around Mendoza and/or Bariloche, but I am not sure how the snow condition and the weather there is. Will ski resort already close in the mid-September? How about the backcountry skiing in September? Hope there is someone could give me some suggestions.
      Thanks in advance!!
      zugi

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

North Argentina

Argentina Apr 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm planning a three weeks journey to north Argentina from the end of July and beginning of August.

I'd like to visit Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Iguazou and Alta. In Iguazou I'd like to visit also the Jesuit Mission in Argentina, Brasil and Paraguay.

Any suggestions how long to stay in each place? Is it safe to travel alone renting a car?
      Any information/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

more
    • Car Rental

El Calafate Mar 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Has anyone tried ON Car Rental for a 4X4?

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Does somebody know about Cicerones de Buenos Aires? I heard they give free walking tours

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

buses in buenos aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Does anybody know how and where can you get a luxury coach for travelling from a hotel near Ministro Pistarini International Airport to Iguazu falls? Thanks.

more
    • Brazil/Argentina trip

Puerto Iguazú Apr 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM

My wife and I are both british citizens. We are travelling to Rio, then planning to travel to Iguazu on our way to Buenos Aires. We would like to visit both sides of the falls, but we're coming from Foz du Iguacu Airport on a Friday and then travelling out from Puerto Iguazu Airport on the Monday (intending a day for each side of the falls). Is it better to stay in a hotel on the Brazilian or Argentinian side (we do not intend to stay at one of the more expensive places near the falls unfortunately). If we have just come from Brazil is it easier to stay there and then travel over just for our day trip to the Argentine side and then our trip to the airport on the Monday, or are we better to cross the border when we arrive on the Friday and nip back into Brazil for the day? We would rather stay in one hotel for the duration.

Is customs a reasonably straight forward job?

more
    • massot's Profile Photo

Antarctica

Ushuaia Dec 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM

We (wife and me) plan to visit Antarctica next February 14. Some trips visit only some islands, other also the continent. And cruises are really different. Some advice to stay there, a maximum of 10 days, or shorter if it is possilble to fly from the tip of SouthAmerica. Say me your experience! Thanks.
      Roma Massot
      Barcelona

5 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    • Equipment Rental in Ushuaia

Ushuaia Nov 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

where is the best place to rent sleeping bags and trekking poles in Ushuaia, Argentina?

1 Answer Nov 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    • LeandroCW's Profile Photo

Cuevas del Alvear

Ushuaia Nov 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Did anyone already visit "cuevas del glaciar alvear"?? I only found a travel agency that has a tour guide. But i'd not like to spend a lot of money. Can anyone tell me if is there a cheapest way to visit? Transfer and walk by myself without tourist guide. Thank You. Any other tips i appreciate.
      Bye bye.

• Ushuaia stuffed pinguin toys

Ushuaia Oct 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I would like to know where I can buy these kind of items in Argentina, I need the web-site of one or two or three of these stores please. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    • taxi fares

Ushuaia Oct 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

does anyone know how much will a taxi or van cost for 5 hours? we need to be picked up at the cruise port, go to the Tierra Del Fuego national park and do some city tour if time permits, then be dropped back off to the ship.
      thanks

4 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Choosing the tours upon arrival

Ushuaia Sep 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

In October, is it a must to have a tour pre-booked and paid for?

I was thinking about getting there and choosing whatever suits me most. I´m sure it´s gonna be the Beagle Channel and of course the Parks and Museums. If we do the from a long distance it´s normally costly and does not really guarantee the best choice. What´s the routine for new comers?

5 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Seals in Ushuaia

Ushuaia Aug 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Do you see seals on the Beagle Channel cruise? I'm going in early November.

3 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    • Penguin island

Ushuaia Jul 28, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Has anyone else been to the penguin island close to Haberton in November? globetrott said he only saw a few penguins and blueskyjohn saw lots. I would love to go.

6 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    • Footwear in Ushuaia

Ushuaia Jul 28, 2013 at 3:18 AM

HI, I intend to go on a cruise in the Beagle channel, I think it's about 3 or 4 hours. It's probably the catamaran one. Do we stay in the boat all the time? Or hop out into the water while getting ashore to visit seals etc. I'm wondering if I need to buy high boots or if I can get away with hiking style lighter shoes.
      I'm going to be in Ushuaia in early November.
      Thanks so much
      Marg

3 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    • Weather in December

Ushuaia Nov 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Hi ! I am planning a trip to El Calafate, El Chalten, Torres del Paine, and Ushuaia in December. Does anyone know what the weather will be like? And will the mountains still have some snow? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 20, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    • Traveling to Ushuaia and El Calafate with Kids

Ushuaia Apr 27, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Planning a December family trip with 3 kids and would like to spend time in Ushuaia and El Calafate for a total of 12 days.

Questions:
      1. How is the drive from El Calafate to Ushuaia? (time, how are the roads)
      2. What would be a good itinerary once we leave El Calafate? (good places to stop while on the road and how much time to spend in each place)
      3. Car rental and lodging recommendations. Something with a small kitchenette.
      Thank you!

6 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    • Tour to Penguin Island in November

Ushuaia Mar 14, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Hi,

I am interested in taking a boat tour to Penguine Island in the Beagle Channel from Ushuaia. Does anyone know whether the penguins will (already)be there in early-mid November? Or do they only come to nest there later in the season?

Any recommendations which company to choose? I would like to go on a small boat with just a dozend or so people. I heard that such tours are offered, but on the Internet I only found the tour on large catamerans...

Thanks very much for your help!

4 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    • Supermarket in Ushuaia

Ushuaia Mar 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a supermarket in Ushuaia. I read that there is a large "el Norte" supermarket there, but I cannot find the address... Thanks very much in advance!

7 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

weather in September

Ushuaia Feb 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I'm thinking of going to Ushuaia in September. Would it be too cold? Is it winter there or would it be spring at that time of year? What would be the average temperature be like?

6 Answers Aug 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    • any affordable hotel or B&B that does not require climbing steep hills or steps?

Ushuaia Feb 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Hello,

As I'm searching around for lodging for one night Feb 18, I found out most are sold out. Among those still available yet reasonably priced (less than US$130), seems like every hotel requires climbing steep hills for 10 minutes from downtown or 100s steps.

Can anyone recommend anywhere with a reasonable price without having to climb hills or steps?

Thanks.

• Photography Guide Needed

Ushuaia Dec 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a photography guide? I would like to go out at sunrise.

Thanks,

Pat

4 Answers Dec 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    • EzzaK's Profile Photo

Antarctica in late March

Ushuaia Nov 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Still decent wildlife viewing?

2 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    • EzzaK's Profile Photo

Antarctica Tour - M/V Ushuaia

Ushuaia Nov 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Hi,

Has anyone gone on this boat recently? My agent is trying to steer me away from them and I wanted recent opinions. We aren't going for luxury, just a chance to see Antarctica without breaking the bank. I have found reviews online but none that recent.

Many thanks,
      Ez

1 Answer Feb 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    • bus transfer from ushuia to rio grande,argentina

Río Grande Nov 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I am catching a flight from Ushuia to Santiago, Chile for the 1st of Dec but the only way to arrive in santiago , Chile on 1 Dec is catching a flight from Rio Grande. Any Bus transfer from Ushuia to Rio Grande? what time and where it is???

2 Answers Nov 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM
    • romeohotel's Profile Photo

Camera Shop(s)

Ushuaia Oct 30, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I have lost my telefoto lens enroute to Ushuaia. I need to buy a replacement while I am in Ushuaia. Can you recommend a camera shop(s), and if possible a web address so that I can start looking before I arrive November 14th.
      Many thanks for reply. RH.

1 Answer Oct 30, 2011 at 7:48 AM
    • rental equipment

Ushuaia Apr 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Is there a company in Ushuaia that rents boots and other necessities for Anartic cruises? They call for Wellington boots, for example, which I would never ever need again. Also, traveling from USA those boots would surely weigh a ton. Any suggestions? Thanks. shc

2 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    • Cost to golf Ushuaia?

Ushuaia Jul 20, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Does anyone know the greens fee for Ushuaia?
      I'm visiting in November.
      Any other details re: golf would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Jeffrey

3 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Hotels / Guesthouses in December 2010

Ushuaia Apr 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM

We will be in Ushuaia this December (December 30 to be exact) and have been trying to book one night's hotel stay for three. I have have had no luck - either I'm told the hotel is booked or I get no response (I've tried both online booking and emailing the hotel/guesthouse directly). We don't want to pay an arm and a leg if we don't have to, so I haven't got all the way up to the most expensive places, so that's probably my next option. Am I going about this the wrong way? I know we're going during the high season, but it's still 8 months off (I started looking for rooms over a month ago). I just can't believe everything is really all booked up. Anyone have any leads?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    • ladislao's Profile Photo

couple interested in sharing a guided tour of tiera del fuego nat. pk. Celebrity Infinity 2/14/10

Ushuaia Jan 29, 2010 at 5:43 PM

My wife and I have hired a reputable guide to drive us around to major sites in and around Tierra Del Fuego Nat. Pk. We have already booked the tour. Interested parties can contact us at this address: martyr@csufresno.edu
      We are paying240 USD for a five-hour excursion. This cost would be split evenly for ea. additional person.
      Kind regards,
      Ladislao.

5 Answers Feb 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    • RUBBER BOOTS SHOP

Ushuaia Jan 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Hello,

I am going to Ushuaia in 2 weeks time and I would like to know if we can find a shop selling rubber boots as mine are quite heavy and I would like to purchase a pair in this town
      Any hints, adresses ect... ??

PRX98
      My email adress is : CALM@monaco.mc

4 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Feasible 16 day journey Ushuaia- B.A by public transport? Or return to Ushuaia?

Ushuaia Dec 15, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Hi all!
      I’ll be in Tiera del fuego and Patagonia during February 2010 for 16 nights and I’m thinking to travel by public transport from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires, stopping in major sites in Argentina and Chile on the way.
      My main interests are: nature, glaciers, hiking, wild life (valdez?), perhaps lake district, anything special…
      It will be just me, and budget terms is my only choice, so cannot get a tailor made tour etc.
      Wondering if it is feasible to get a good look of the place in this time frame... since it is such a big space.
      If anybody could suggest a more suitable journey, or send any tip, please be my guest!
      Plan –B could be, to do as much as possible within T.D.F. and Patagonia and return finally back to Ushuaia and fly to B.A. instead of overland.
      Any ideas on the above will be a big help!
      Many thanks
      Nikos

5 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Send a parcel from Ushuaia to Europe

Tierra del Fuego Dec 14, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Hi there!
      I’m coming to Ushuaia coming February and I think to send a parcel from there to Europe –Greece.
      (with extra clothes not needed, photo cd etc…).
      Anybody has experiences, suggestions, idea about cost for this?
      Many thanks
      Nikos

2 Answers Dec 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    • Chez Manu

Ushuaia Nov 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Is there a dress code for Chez Manu? Are sweaters or blazers appropriate? Jeans?
      Thanks so much.

1 Answer Nov 28, 2009 at 3:47 AM
    • virtualolga's Profile Photo

car rental and places to visit

Ushuaia Nov 18, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi, we are going to be in Ushuaia in december. we are trying to plan a trip renting a car from there to calafate.are there any places in the way we should stop by and see?

2 Answers Nov 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • FIRE STATION?

Ushuaia Oct 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Does anyone know where the fire station is? How busy/friendly/large it is? My son is a fireman, and I want to see if I can buy/trade t-shirts/patches.

2 Answers Oct 26, 2009 at 6:19 AM