Tibet

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Yesterday

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

2 Answers Yesterday
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    • cryingpearls's Profile Photo

train tickets for chengdu to lhasa

Tibet Mar 23, 2014 at 3:49 AM

hello all,

i have read that it may be difficult to secure the train tickets bound for lhasa. the tickets can only be purchased 20 days in advance? is there any agent we can approach?

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Older Couple

Tibet Mar 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM

We have been to 11000 feet, with no problem in South America (two years ago). But when my age of 74 come up
      " WOW" you must think twice about high altitudes adventures.
      Opinions on Tibet travel for healthy older couple would be appreciated. Please, I do know only I can make that decision but some opinions/ideas might help with decision.

8 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • travel companions

Tibet Mar 6, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Hi there
      I am a 31 yo Australian female going to Tibet. I will be flying in from Moscow to Kathmandu on the 7th Oct and will need to wait in Kathmandu for a couple of days to get a visa. The tour will leave Kathmandu on around the 10/11th and go for about 17-19 days depending on which tour company we go with. We will trek around Kailash, see the Guge Kingdom, Lhasa and end up back in Kathmandu. Looking at around $2000-2005 depending on how many people. We dont have to be the same nationality any more. Please relply to this thread and leave your email if you are interested.
      cheers!!

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM
    • mickles13's Profile Photo

Looking for Fellow Travellers! (June/July 2014)

Tibet Feb 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but my friend and I are students from New Zealand and we're travelling to Nepal and Tibet in Late June to Mid July. We will be doing our own thing in Nepal but we will travel with a tour guide/company in Tibet. We're looking at touring with the Tibetan Owned company Snow Lion. We would like like to travel in a group, to reduce costs but to also meet new friends.

We're interested in the tour Himalayan Journey and we're just wondering if any of you would like to join us on our Tibetan adventure?

If you have any questions please ask :)

Mikaela.

Itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa 3658m

Welcome to Lhasa! Transfer to your hotel and get settled.

Day 2: Lhasa

In the morning, visit the Potala Palace, the greatest monumental structure in all of Tibet. The Potala is 13 stories high and holds countless treasures in its many rooms. Built in 637 AD, the Potala has been home to the Dalai Lama lineage for more than a thousand years. Also visit the Jokhang Temple, which is located in Barkhor square in Lhasa. The Barkhor is a famous shopping street filled with goods and souvenirs from Tibet, Nepal, and India. Pilgrims from all over Tibet visit the Barkhor to pray in front of the Jokhang. From the roof of the monastery you will have a view of prostrating pilgrims. Afterwards, explore the old Tibetan quarter. Walk through the market and stop to sip sweet tea at a traditional teahouse.

Day 3: Lhasa

Visit the Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama. Explore the grounds, which include gardens, fountains, and a small zoo. Afterwards, visit Sera monastery, where you can watch monks debate in the courtyard. If you enjoy hiking, walk the hour-long circumambulation path around the monastery complex.

Day 4: Lhasa

Visit Drepung, one of the three most famous monasteries in Lhasa. Drepung is located just outside Lhasa on Gambo Utse Mountain. Once home to as many as 10,000 monks, the enormous monastic complex is the site of many prayer halls, dormitories, and temples. Just below the monastery is the Nechung temple, the former home of the state oracle. Afterwards, visit Ramoche, a small monastery located in the city center. If time allows, explore the alleys of the Tibetan quarter and visit traditional workshops and handicraft stores.

Day 5: Lhasa – Gyantse 3950m, 268km, 5.5 hours

Beginning your adventure in the Himalayas, drive to Gyantse. Along the way cross over the Kamba-La (4794m) and the Karo-La passes (5010m), which boast spectacular views. After Kamba-La, arrive at Yamdrok Lake, a holy turquoise-colored lake with stunning scenery. Stay the night in Gyantse.

Day 6: Gyantse – Shigatse 3836m, 90km, 1.5 hours

In the morning, visit the Pelkor Chode Kumbum and Gyantse Monastery followed by a two hour drive to Shigatse. Here, see the giant Buddha in the famous Tashilhunpo monastery. Time allowing, join pilgrims in walking the long circumambulation path around the monastery, or explore the city streets. Spend the night in Shigatse.

Day 7: Shigatse – Shegar (New Tingri) 4500m, 240km, 4 hours

In the morning, drive to Shegar (4350m) over Tso-La pass (4500m) and Gyatso-La pass (5252m). On the way, if time allows, make an excursion to visit Sakya Monastery (4280m). Sakya Monastery is unique because of its medieval Mongolian architecture. Walk up the kora path alongside the monastery to see the ruins of the older buildings, from which you can see great views of the monastery and surrounding valley. In the afternoon arrive in Shegar. Visit Shegar Monastery or climb up the ruins of Shegar Dzong for beautiful views. Overnight in Shegar.

Day 8: Shegar – Rongbuk Monastery 5000m – Everest Base Camp 5250m, 100km, 8 hours

After passing through scenic valleys and driving over rocky mountains, you will reach Rongbuk Monastery, where you will have a fabulous view of Mt. Everest. Rongbuk monastery is the highest monastery in the world. Rongbuk Monastery to Everest is about 8km, and along the way there are spectacular views of the world’s tallest mountain. You can either take a two-hour hike or ride a bus to Everest Base Camp. Stay the night in a warm yak-hair tent guesthouse run by a Tibetan family. (Alternative accommodation: Rongbuk Monastery Guesthouse)

Note: During the off-season, buses do not run and the tent guesthouses are closed.

Day 9: Everest Base Camp – Nepal border (Zhangmu) 2300m, 240km, 10 hours

You will see spectacular Himalayan ranges along the way to Nepal border. Once at the border, cross over, pass through immigration and continue on to Kathmandu, or return to Lhasa.

3 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • jacob586's Profile Photo

Tour guide

Tibet Feb 25, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Do I have to get a tour guide to travel in Tibet China? I can't go alone?

15 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • Internship/Volunteer spots

Tibet Oct 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Hi there,

Since I was a child it has been a dream of me to visit Tibet. I am looking for an internship in Tibet and was wondering if anyone could recommend me any organizations or website, or any other information that could help me find an internship in Tibet?

Cheers,
      Ivor

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Summer 2014 up on the altitude!

Tibet Oct 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I am determined to make a trip next summer to Tibet and Nepal. I havent found anyone yet so to have an accompany. That's why I am here and hoping to meet some interesting adventurous people to make this travel even more interesting. I am very flexible with the dates as there is nearly almost 9 months left to get the dates sorted out so ping me if you are thinking this far ahead to make such trip during that time. I will be doing more research so to take on the best possible route for the trip and etc.... and it seems like we can get some hints and ideas from some of the people here in the Forum.

Hope to make this happen.

Cheers!
      Pooria

4 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Qinghai Tibetan Areas

Tibet Sep 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Does anybody know any cool things to do in Qinghai besides the big monasteries (Tai'er si, Xiahe, Longwu) and Qinghai Lake? My friend and I would very much like to see some things that are not tooooo touristy.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Hello!!, Looking for two travelers.

Tibet Sep 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Hi!.
      My name is Harry,

My friend and I are going to vistit Tibet in October 10th, 2013.,
      We are looking for two travelers to share a land rover.

We expect to enter Tibet form Kathmandu, and have a 10 day itinerary. after that, we migth fly back to kathmandu, or we can go back by land, we still don't know.

We are going to hire a private tour, just the driver, the car and the gasoline, and of course all the help with the required permits.

Food, Acomodation and the entrance fees to the monasteries is on our own.

You can contact me at

haroldraymond@hotmail.com

Bye,

Ah!
      Here is the intinerary, It's similar to most of the tours, but we included one overnight at Nam-tso. And one visit to Samye monastery. there is no visit to the EBC.

Day 01 Drive from Zhangmu in the nepalese border to Lhatse ( 250 Km )
      Day 02 Drive from Lhatse to Sakya ( 49 km ),Visit Sakya Monastery ,Drive form Sakya to Shigatse (151 Km)
      Day 03 Tashulhimpo Monastery Drive from Shigatse to Gyantse ( 90 Km ) , Kunbum Chorten and Phklkor Monastery
      Day 04 Drive From Gyantse to Lhassa ( 260 Km ) /Yamdrok Tso Lake, /sleep at lhassa.
      Day 05 Lhassa Sigthseeing /Potala , Johkang, norbulingka.
      Day 06 Lhassa to Nam Tso ( 220 Km ).Sleep At Nam Tso
      Day 07 Nam Tso to Lhassa ( 220 Km ) /Drepung And Sera Monasteries /Sleep at Lhassa
      Day 08 Ganden Monastery Norbulingka Monastery Sleep at Lhassa
      Day 09 Lhassa to Tsedang/ Visit Samye Monastery /Sleep at Tsedang
      Day 10Drive Tsedang to Lhassa ( 300 Km ) /sleep at lhassa,
      Day 11. Fly back to Kathmandu

1 Answer Sep 6, 2013 at 3:46 AM
    • Where are our two people for a 8 to 10 day tour trough tibet?

Tibet Sep 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hi,

we are a german couple (31/28) and we looking for two person who would join us in the beginning of october 2013 to a tibet Lhasa / Everest base camp / Nepal Tour. Perhaps from around the 5th to the 15th or from the 10th to the 20th of october.

We stay with some travel agencies in contact and get this offer:

Day 01 : Arrival in Lhasa by flight or train
      Day 02/03 : Lhasa Sightseeing
      Day 04 : Drive from Lhasa to Gyangtse - Shigatse
      Day 05 : Shigatse - Shekar
      Day 06 : Shekar - Rombuk
      Day 07 : Everest base camp - Old Tingri - Zhangmu
      Day 08 : Zhangmu - Kodari - cross border

Now we know only the price for 2 person it is 1280$ per person.

Tour price include :
      - all necessary permits for the trip
      - local English speaking tour guide
      - entrance fees for the sights on the tour
      - transfers as per itinerary
      - hotel and guest house stays with daily breakfast
      - guide and land-cruiser entrance fee for Everest national park
      - food and lodge for guide and driver
      - travel agency service charge

Tour price exclude :
      - any airfare, airport tax, train fare
      - lunch / dinner

When you are intrested in our plans or you get a better offer and would join with us the tour, write us as soon as possible!

martina.gisela.reif@gmail.com
      or
      menatwork@arcor.de

We looking forward to hear from you!

Norbert und Martina

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    • Tibet in November

Tibet Aug 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Hi, am planning solo trip to Tibet TAR around end November. Anyone done a November trip and able to advise on weather and high altitude precaution, stuff to bring etc? Thanks!

6 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    • DavidG92's Profile Photo

10 Days in Tibet around October 8th (departure from Chengdu) up to the Nepali Border

Tibet Jul 8, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi Everyone!
      We are a French couple going to Tibet in October... at least, we are trying to have this arranged. We are looking for another 2 people to join and split the costs down.

This could be our itinerary (can be discussed and amended):

Day1: Arrive in Lhasa
      Day2:Visit Drepung Monastary and Sera temple
      Day3: Visit Potala Palace, Jokhang temple, wandering around Barkor Street
      Day4: Namtso Lake
      Day5: Visit Yamdrok lake, Kumpum stupa in Gyantse, arriving in Shigatse. Stay in Shigatse
      Day6: Visit Tashilunpo Monastery in early morning then drive to Rogbuk monastery via Shegar. Stay at Everest Base Camp.(winter stay at rogbuk monastery or tingri)
      Day7: E.B.C to Zhangmu (Nepal border)
      Day8: Leave China

I am already in touch with a couple travel agents and if we were 4, price should be close to CNY 4,000 (excluding meals and accommodations - we are backpackers and don't mind cheap places when we are there!).

Please let us know should that be of interest to you - projectonestepfurther@gmail.com

Looking forward to travelling with you!
      Best,

David and Andrea

4 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM
    • 5 days inTibet in September

Tibet Jul 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Tibet in September with some friends. Our plan is to arrive in Lhasa on a Monday and leave by train on Friday. I know it's not a lot of time to explore Tibet. So, with such a restrictive timing, what is the best we can see outside of Lhasa? Do we need to spend a night if we were to visit Lake Namtso? Also, I am aware that independent travel is not allowed in Tibet. But I've no clue where to start in finding a reliable tour operator. Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks!

4 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • looking for partners Lhasa to Kathmandu

Tibet Jun 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Hi there,
      we are a 30 years old Israeli couple, looking for partners for a journey from Lhasa to Kathmandu. the departure date is flexible and so is the duration of the trip. We are in Shangrila right now and plan to travel for 2-5 weeks in Sechuan and then head to tibet. we want to do it low budget backpackers style. if that sounds good, please be in touch via email dafnafeine@gmail.com! we also have a local chinese phone number: 18701545749.
      Best,
      Dafna and Nir

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • LeonieLY's Profile Photo

Suggestions/partners for Kathmandu-Lhasa hitchhiking

Tibet Jun 25, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Hey there,

We are two girls planning on a 10-day overland trip(±2 days) from Kathmandu to Lhasa starting from 9th July (possibly by hitchhiking).

Any suggestions for female hitchhikers on this route during the monsoon season? We know that the road would be very rough with possible danger of landslide on the Nepali side. We wonder if the road condition would be relatively better on the Tibetan side? We are also informed that hitchhiking in this region is normally not free. Then how much does it roughly cost, say from Xigaze to Gyantse (approximately 90km) by truck? Is there anything particular we should bear in mind?

Wondering if anyone would like to partner up or give us a ride for some part our journey (particularly for the trip to the Everest Base Camp-China side)? We are not that much trekking persons, but we do enjoy exploring relatively un-touristed regions and experiencing local culture very much. See our rough itinerary below:

07.09 Kathmandu-114km-Khasa(Nepal-China border)-45km-Nyalam
      07.10 Nyalam-210km-(Tingri)-Everest Base Camp
      07.11 Everest Base Camp-100km-Xigaze
      07.12 Xigaze-Gyantse
      07.13 Gyantse-Yamdrok Lake-Lhasa
      07.14 Lhasa
      07.15 Lhasa
      07.16 Lhasa-180km-Nyainqntanglha Mountains-61km-Namtso Lake
      07.17 Namtso Lake-Lhasa

If you are interested to join us or have a suggestion, please feel free to drop a message.
      leonieliuye@gmail.com
      qdslq2008@163.com

Cheers,

Conny & Leonie

11 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • MansiCS's Profile Photo

Trek Partner(s) needed for Tibet - Sep 2013

Tibet Jun 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Hi,

I am trying to gather a group of 3-4 people for a trekking trip in Tibet this September. A total of 10 days, the trip will include 3-4 days in Lhasa followed by a 4-5 day trek.

any mix of nationalities can get together. sharing the trip would make sense with the cost and safety aspect both, i guess.

If anyone is interested please do reply.

cheers,
      mansi

3 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    • Tibet Travel Companions Needed (2-4 Pax) 01/09/13-18/09/13

Tibet Jun 18, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hi Travelers,
      I'm Catherine from Malaysia. I have plan back packing to Tibet with 3 others friend. Unfortunely,one member broke his leg in an accident, the other one pull out due to business schedule too tight. Now left 2 members in the travel team.Due to the above incident, i'm looking for travel companion who are interested to join and have lower cost of traveling. All itineraqry has been plan. We can meet at Chengdu or Lhasa to Travel together. We will depart on 1st Sept 2013 to China, Chengdu. For more details, please connect to by FB or via email to enquire more info.Thanks.
      Email add : whitesky_1119@yahoo.com.my

Best Regards,
      Catherine

4 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • DzungPham's Profile Photo

looking for travel patners to Tibet (July 2013)

Tibet Jun 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

hi there!
      i'm going to Tibet by train in July. any input tips and suggestions you may have, or or any interest in travelling in July, please send me message for further discussion.
      many thanks!

10 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    • tokyo_robin's Profile Photo

Tibet Mt. Kailash

Tibet Jun 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Looking for traveling partners to Mt. Kailash via Chengdu or Lhasa during July 2013.
      Any useful information regarding permits and costs will also be appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Robin

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    • MansiCS's Profile Photo

Trek Partner(s) needed for Tibet - August/Sep 2013

Tibet Jun 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Hi,

i am looking for travel companions to join in a trek to Tibet , pref between 5-15 august 2013, though the exact dates are flexible.

it is too expensive to do this alone, and so i need 2-3 ppl to share in the cost.

i am in touch with a few travel agents from tibet and apparently the same nationality thing is is no loner a restriction. all the agents seemed quite confident about getting our permits even if the group members all belong to different nationalities. the only things is that the booking must be made through local agents coz only they can get the travel permits.

anyway - i have these 2 trips proposed by 2 diff agents; the costs are included under the itineraries.

TRIP 1
      Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa (3650m)
      Settle in to your hotel to relax and adjust to high altitude.
      Day 2: Lhasa
      In the morning, we’ll visit the Potala Palace, the greatest wonder of Tibetan architecture, was built in the mid-7th century by the famous Tibet King, Songtsen Gampo It is 130m and 13 stories high, and commands a view of all Lhasa. The Potala has been residence to the Dalai Lama Lineage for hundreds of years. After lunch, we’ll also visit the Jokhang Temple, also known in Tibet as the Tsuglhakhang; it is the most important temple in Tibet. Every year thousands of pilgrims come to Lhasa from every corner of the Tibetan plateau to visit Jokhang Temple. This temple was built in the 7th century by King Songtsen Gampo, and is more than 1300years old. From the roof of the Temple, there is a wonderful view of Potala Palace and the bustling Barkhor.
      Day 3: Lhasa
      After breakfast, you’ll meet your guide in the hotel and he or she’ll lead you to visit one of the three most famous monasteries in Tibet. Drepung monastery, literally translated as “rice heap”, and was founded in 1416 by a disciple of Tsongkhapa called Jamyang Choje, Once it was home to as many as 10.000 monks. Ganden Palace was established by the second Dalai Lama, this Palace was home to the Dalai Lamas until the fifth Dalai Lama built the Potala. Next we’ll visit Sera Monastery, where you can watch monks debate Tibetan Buddhist philosophy in the debating courtyard.
      Day 4: Lhasa—Ganden Monastery 65km, 1:5 hours
      In the morning, we’ll drive to Ganden Monastery through small villages. This is the first Gelugpa monastery in all of Tibet and was founded in 1409 by the master Tsongkhapa. After visiting the temples and prayer wheels in the monastery then you can take the Kora; Ganden Kora offers great views of the Kyichu River crossing through a vast valley. Along the kora you can also visit the sky burial site and Tsongkhapa’s hermitage. We’ll spend the night in Ganden Monastery Guesthouse.
      Day 5: Ganden—Yama Do 17km, 6-7 hours hiking
      You resume your trekking adventure as you trek southward from Ganden along the Angor Ri. After ascending for two hours, you will see several cairns near a saddle. There the trail leads westwards descending to Hepu village. where several houses become visible. 5-6 hours of trekking brings you close to Shug La pass . Ani Panong lies 1 hour away from Hepu. An hour of continuous ascent leads to lush meadows and Yama Do soon appears.
      Day 6: Yama Do---Tsotup-chu Valley 12km, 5-6 hours hiking
      Leaving behind Yama Do, you climb eastwards, negotiating boulders along the final climb atop 5250 meters of the Shug La, the highest point on this trail. The pass is distinctively marked with its large cairn wrapped in prayer flags and yak horns. After a brief stop at the pass to savor the grand vistas you make a sharp descent walking past a boulder field. The trail eventually opens into the valley. And in the distance crosses the Tsotup Chu, a large stream with rich pastures of yaks, goats and sheep. You encounter several herders on the way. After trekking for 5-6 hours, you’ll reach the Tsotup-chu Valley.
      Day 7: Chitu Valley—Herders’ Camps 14km, 6 hours hiking
      As you turn away from Tsotup Chu Valley, you come across the main water course following from the south-east and a tributary from the south-west. You must take the route along this tributary followed by a steep ascent for 30 minutes to a large basin, when the tributary disappears. The trail further opens into the valley going south to the Chitu La at 5100 meters capped with several cairns. It further brushes past a sheer rock wall on its south flank. Thereafter, you’ll descend into a basin containing three turquoise lakes. Further on, the trail moves on to the west side of the stream and, after 30 minutes arrive at the campsite. Many herders’ camps can be seen at nearby locations. Following the rock-strewn valley floor, you will head to a flat seasonal herder's camp in the east side of the valley. Soon after returning to the west side of the valley, you will near another seasonal herders' camp.
      Day 8: Herder’s Camps –Samye Monastery 23km, 7-8 hours hiking
      The trail is dotted with fragrant junipers growing on southern slopes and rhododendron on the shadier slopes, where the majority of the local villagers are engaged in animal husbandry. Yarlung Tsangpo valley can be viewed on the south. The old trade route from Lhasa to Samye via the Gokar La follows this valley. Pisha offers picturesque view of the lower Samye Valley. At its lower end an undulating hill called Hepo Ri appears. This is regarded as a very sacred and historically important monastery. we’ll spend the night in the monastery guethouse.
      Day 9: Rest day
      In the morning, you can take a walk in the local villages and take some pictures of the monastery and enjoy some local tea. Afterward, we’ll head up to the most important meditation cave of Buddhism followers, Guru Rinpoche’s original meditation retreat. You will need to hire a local tractor in Samye to get there, once you are there, you can follow the pilgrims to explore the meditation cave in the Chim-puk and enjoy great views of the Yarlung River. In the afternoon you’ll come back to Samye for the night.
      Day 10: Samye—Yumbulakhang Palace—Lhasa(3650m) 150km, 2-3 hours
      In the morning we’ll drive to Tsethang to visit Yumbulakang, the first palace in Tibet, which was constructed by the first king of Tibet. Afterward, we’ll pay a visit to Tandruk Monastery, which is one of the earliest Buddhist monasteries in Tibet. This monastery was built by King Songtsen Gampo at the same time as the Jokhang Temple and Ramoche temple in Lhasa, dating back to the 7th century Gampo. We’ll stop for a lunch in Tsethang, and in the afternoon we’ll drive back to Lhasa via Mindroling, one of the six major monasteries of the Nyingmapa sect in Tibet.
      Day 11: Depart from Lhasa
      Leave for your next destination by air or train

1 person: 10600Y
      2 people: 5950Y/ per person
      3 people: 4400Y/ per person
      4 people: 3675Y/ per person

TRIP 2:
      Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa and transfer to the hotel.Our guide and driver they will wait you at the train station or Airport with your name on the paper
      Day 02 Visit Jokhang temple and Barkor square and Sera Monastery.
      Day 03 Visit Potala and Summer palace
      .Day 04 we will drive about 70km to Tsurphu Monastery. Tsurphu Monastery is the Karma Kagyu school in Tibet. After visiting Tsurphu Monastery, we will prepare for our trekking next day. This Tsurphu-Yampachen trekking covers 55 kms
      Day 05 : Next day trek to Leten, Leten is also called the 'highest village in the world', several families live here permanently, braving the severe climate with their livestock.
      Day 06 Today we will reach the highest pass of this trekking-Lasar la, 5300ms, so getting refresh is very important. It will cost 3 hrs from Leten to Lasar-la. Then another 3 hours walk to Barnak, it is a good place to camp.
      Day 07: Trek Barnag to Dorjelinge Nunnery and camp there one night.
      Day 08: in the morning visit Dorjelinge Nunnery driver to Lhasa .
      Day 09 Leave Tibet,end of your trip. Say good bye to Tibet.
      the following is the cost he has proposed:
      2 pax: 8880 yuan per person
      3 pax: 6588 yuan pp
      4 pax: 5570 yuan pp

any interest - pls drop me a line at mansichaturvedisharma@gmail.com

11 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • AlexanderK7's Profile Photo

Looking for Canadian traveller to Tibet for 5-7 days summer 2013

Tibet Jun 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Hi. I m Canadian from TOronto
      I want to go to tibet this summer and i need to find people to travel with to obtain the permit. Anytime this summer is fine by me for anywhere between 5 to 7 days.
      If interested, send me e-mail: alexander.kazakov@sympatico.ca

6 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Glennaldo's Profile Photo

Ganden - Samye - Nam-tso Lake - which is the best of these three?

Tibet May 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I am planning a 5 day trip to Tibet in August... this will include two days in Lhasa, and then for the third full day an excursion out of Lhasa.. I was just wondering if anyone can recommend what is best between these three: Ganden Monastery, Samye Monastery and Lake Nam-Tso. Those are the three excursions on offer. Anyone done any of these and recommend one over the other for any reason?
      Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Glennaldo's Profile Photo

Tibet tour groups in Beijing

Tibet May 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I was wondering, does anyone know of a good tour agency that does Tibet tours in Beijing? I will be in Beijing this summer, and am looking to fly to Tibet this summer from Beijing. As you need to original permit to fly into Lhasa, would be easier if I found an agency withing Beijing itself to pick up the permit from there.
      Thanks in advance!
      Glenn

5 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • Katherineloh's Profile Photo

how to apply Tibet entry permit if travel solo?

Tibet May 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Plain to travel solo to Tibet but do not know how to apply permit, is it must through travel agent (but i am not take up their travel package), how normally we can obtain the permit after tat? how they pass the original permit to us? any one can help me please? really confuse. Appreciate advance! my email: lohce05@yahoo.com.sg

22 Answers May 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    • Looking for people to go through Tibet to Nepal for very cheap

Tibet Apr 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Nepal through Tibet at the cheapest rate possible because I'm running low on cash.
      I'm thinking of going any time in late april or may.
      I already got a qoute of 1500 yuan and less from a reliable agent if I can find more people...

If you're interested let me know my email is Maxpower440@hotmail.co.uk

6 Answers May 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    • looking for travel buddy to Tibet in Apr2013

Tibet Mar 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi all ,
      We 're two girls from HK, will travel to Tibet between 3/4 and 9/4/2013
      just wonder is anyone wanna team up with us to visit the surrounding area .
      We're not really care where to go ( coz i've been to tibet before for couple times) , would be great if we can find someone to share the cost of hiring driver.
      simply leave me a msg on nkmsps@gmail.com or call +86 15546965867 (china) if you're interested, looking forward to see you.
      Cheers,
      Carmen

4 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • Access Tibet Tour

Tibet Mar 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Anyone used this Access Tibet Tour company before? Any feedback?

We plan to go to Lhasa/EBC on first/2nd week of August, any thoughts for this time period in terms of our chances in seeing Everest and travelling outside of Lhasa?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    • Any Australians want to got to Tibet May 2013?

Tibet Mar 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I am a solo traveller wishing to travel with others to Tibet. Looking at approx 10/12 day tour of Tibet including Lhasa & surrounds & EBC. The new visa rules should be out by end of March and I wish to book trip April. Let me know if you are interested? Cheers Elly

3 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM