Tibet Travel Answers

change location

Looking for Malaysian Traveler companions to Tibet from 2013 Apr 27th to May 11th.

by ankwuck Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM

The current rule is that one needs 5 travelers of the same nationality to apply for Tibet Travel Permit.Those interested to join 4 of us, please contact me,thanks!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for Malaysian Traveler companions to Tibet from 2013 Apr 27th to May 11th.

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I thought I had read recently that this rule had been relaxed? Or perhaps it has been 'unrelaxed".

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Looking for Malaysian Traveler companions to Tibet from 2013 Apr 27th to May 11th.

by ankwuck Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM

There isn't any official announcement that the rule has been relaxed.Tibet travel permit application is currently closed for for March 2013.Does anybody got any official announcement that when the application will be re-opened?

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for Malaysian Traveler companions to Tibet from 2013 Apr 27th to May 11th.

by blueskyjohn Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I am planning a trip with some of my students. I have a Chinese graduate student that works for me, assisting with the planning and she just heard this week that the minimum 5 traveler limit is not in effect. As far as mixing nationalities on the same permit, I have not heard. All this is from a travel agent I've used in Tibet before. I am proceeding with caution before committing funds to see an official announcement.

• Re: Looking for Malaysian Traveler companions to Tibet from 2013 Apr 27th to May 11th.

by ankwuck Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Thank you Blueskyjohn. Going Tibet is difficult with so much uncertainty & there's a lot of rumors on rules regarding Tibet Travel Permit till an official announcement is made.Look.here's another kind of method where permit is obtained as discussed in the below thread:
    tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2...

We are also looking for tour quotations and prepare a plan B in case no entry is allowed in Apr 2013 while waiting for the official announcement.

by ankwuck Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Latest Feb 2013 news,only 2 persons of the same nationality are needed to apply for Tibet Travel Permit: tibettravel.org/news/tibet-p...

• tintinwong's Profile Photo

by tintinwong Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

now only 2-person of the same nationality shall do huh. if u re single traveller, find a big travel agency based in Lhasa, they usually have lots of travellers at the same time. so can match u with others to apply the permit

by ankwuck Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Either 2 or 5 persons are needed for permit application isn't much problem to us now because we already have 6 persons.But still looking for more people to cut cost.Tibet tour isn't cheap.....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Tibet Travel Answer Locations