Tiberias Travel Answers

change location

public transport at holiday time

by heleninharmony Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 4:23 AM

I am having loads of difficulty finding out about the holiday schedules for transport around Israel between 14 and 23 October (Succot etc).

IF I manage to get accommodation in Tiberias, does anyone know if I can travel on Thursday to Ha 'On holiday village where i am expected as a dancer/singer??

I would be very grateful to fellow travellers for info, as all my attempts to reach official information are getting me nowhere fast!

Peace, helen ormero, England

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: public transport at holiday time

by unaS Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 4:44 AM

There will be no public transportation available from one hour before sundown on Monday, 13 Oct till one hour after sundown on Tuesday, 14 Oct. and again the same on Friday 17 Oct to Saturday, 18 October.

Thursday shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that all will be usual during the holiday week.

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: public transport at holiday time

by rdglady Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Even though buses and trains don't run on the Sabbath--taxis do. I believe there are also cabs on Succot. ( but may be wrong on that one) Travel restrictions on Succot ( for those who observe) are only on the first and last day as well as the intermediate Sabbath. Other days transportation goes and you will find everything full of Israelis celebrating. ( schools are closed)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines