Travel Answers
Tianjin Shi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Has anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jul 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Has anybody been to Ningde in Fujian Province. Do you recommend any sightseeing?
      Thank you
      Ulrike

more
    • angiebabe's Profile Photo

tourist visas from Hong KOng

China Jul 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

the latest changes to visa situations its said that people are supposed to return home to their countries if HK is not their home country to apply for tourist visas but that HK is still not enforcing this so HK is usually still the first place that comes out of peoples mouths when doing this - but wanting to ask is there anyone here who has obtained a tourist visa from HK recently and how long were they given?
      if they applied for 3 months did they get 3 months or only 2 or 1??!!
      Also were you able to do it as overnight express or had to wait a few days?

thanks for any helpful info!

more
    • Restaurants in Yulin, Shaanxi

Yulin Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Are there any good western restaurants or bars in Yulin?

more
    • nightlife!

Chengdu Jun 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?

more
    • Cheap bike or electric bikes where to buy

Beijing Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hey guys new here in beijing
      Where is best local place to buy a cheap bike or electric bike in the city. Prefer not to overpay.
      J

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • Zhongdian to Kunming?

Zhongdian Jul 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What's the best way to do this journey?

more
    • siknight's Profile Photo

train border crossing time

Nanning Jul 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM

My vietnam visa states I can enter on the 17th. I want to take the train departing Nanning to Hanoi on the 16th with a border crossing around midnight (17th). Will I be ok if I am at the border 30 minutes early or will I have to wait around until midnight? If anyone has any experience of this I would be grateful.
      Cheers, Simon

more
    • Spend a day in Kaohsiung

Tai'an Jul 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

We plan to ,be in Taipei for 7 nights in early November and if possible,take a day trip to Kaohsiung by the High Speed Train.
      How to go about it and in one day what all to do and see.
      All your replies would be more than welcome.
      Many thanks.

more
    • Clubs at Quanzhou

Fujian Sheng Jul 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Sorry i want to knoW Nice nights clubs at Quanzhou please ? I am at the wanda vista hôtel
      Thank you

more
    • Tablets and Phones

Beijing Jul 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the best price for a Samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. What is the lowest price I could get? I will be going to the silk market on saturday.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Dali or Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if two days in Dali and three days in Lijiang (2 days around Lijiang and one in the old town) are sufficient.

Thanks

more
    • cbhuta's Profile Photo

what's happening in Shanghai on 12 and 13 July?

Shanghai Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Shanghai for the weekend and looking for places to go where I can meet up with people and have a good evening over drinks or dinner.
      Any suggestions?

more
    • Job in China

Guangxi Zhuangzu Zizhiqu Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I've been offered a teaching position in Yizhou, Guangxi province from September for 5 months. I'm concerned about the heat and humidity and possible air pollution. Would this be a problem?

more
    • Ferry from Shanghai to Osaka (Shanghai Ferry Company) and Japanese Rail Pass

China Jul 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM

So me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan from Shanghai via boat (how adventurous of us!) Like many foreigners visiting Japan, we've heard about the Japanese Rail Pass and are very interested, I've been doing some reading online and I read that in order to get your ticket exchanged whilst in Japan, you need proof of your entry date. This is mandatory on flights, but I'm worried that the boat company won't stamp our passports with our arrival date. Has anyone used the Shanghai Ferry Co. Limited and can let me know if this is something they provide?

more
    • Cell phone

Shenzhen Jul 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Should I buy a new iPhone 5 in the states before moving to Shenzhen or buy a new phone when I get there?

more
    • Accommodation booking

China Jun 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi all!
      I am planning on hiking the Tiger Leaping Gorge in August and wonder if it is necessary to book a room in advance at Halfway Lodge and at Sean's (Spring Guesthouse). Also any recommendation regarding the accommodation at Tiger Leaping Gorge would be much appreciated.
      Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! :)

more
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jun 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I am planning to visit NIngde in November. Has anybody been there?

more
    • Kunming airport

Kunming Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

more
    • TravelingSandy's Profile Photo

Beijing, China

Beijing Jul 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We are arriving in Xingang via cruise ship on October, 13 at 7am. We depart on October 14 at 7pm. Is the bullet train the best way to get into the city? Can anyone recommend a good tour operator at a fair price Thanks so much!

more
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

facebook acces from Shanghai

Shanghai Jun 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Is it true that facebook and similar social media sites are banned in China? I want to know if I will be able to access my facebook from Shanghai.

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul by ferry

China Jul 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there any ferry service from Shanghai or any other closer city to Seoul? How much does it cost?

more
    • Do I have a problem??

Beijing Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM

DO I HAVE A VISA PROBLEM

I am visiting China later this year from Aug 28 to Feb 3 and have already booked my flights. Total stay in China for158 days on a ‘L’ visa as I’m touring.
      I’ve got a visa for 60 days double entry (total 120 days), and I’ve been told I can get an extension for a further 30 days at a police station. This makes 150 days in total. Here is the question :- Can I obtain a further extension for the remaining 8 days. The Chinese embassy in Manchester says I will only find out when I'm in China. But I would like to know now so I can adjust my return flight date.

more
    • New Bullet Train

Pingyao Jul 11, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I'm having trouble finding information about two aspects of the new bullet train between Xi'an - Pingyao and Pingyao - Beijing.
      1. The link below says that it is now operational as of July 1. Can someone verify this? I thought I had read somewhere that its opening might be delayed until September...
      chinahighlights.com/news/aro...

2. Travel China Guide's online train ticket booking service shows that this new route is now available. But, this site shows the station as "Pingyao Ancient Town" instead of just "Pingyao". Does anyone know where this new station is?

Thanks!

more

Popular Tianjin Shi Travel Answer Locations

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Transport Tianjin to Beijing

Tianjin Dec 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am looking at a cruise which includes a 3 night stop at Tianjin port. My problem is we visited Beijing in 2011 for 5 days and took tour to the major attractions.

We do not want to take the tours offered by the cruise as they cover what we have already seen. We are confident in sightseeing Beijing by ourselves.

Some questions:
      Is the rail station close to the cruise port?
      How many connecting trains to reach Beijing central district?
      How long would it take by train and is the service regular?
      What distance (km) and is it possible by taxi, or traffic too bad? Approx cost?

Is there much to see in Tianjin. 2 full days in port might be a waste and it may be best to select another cruise.

Appreciate all advice
      Mike

8 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • tianjin in dec

Tianjin Nov 19, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I am going in Dec for 6 days, any recomendation where to stay & how to go the nearest snow ski resort in tianjin?

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • flyin_cat78's Profile Photo

Cheap flight from tianjin to guangzhou

Tianjin Apr 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Is anyone know cheapest flight from tianjin to guangzhou? Under US$100 if possible? Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    • rahma_ahmad's Profile Photo

Locker room in Tiajin Station

Tianjin May 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Hello,
      I'm Rahma from Indonesia.
      I am going to go to Beijing by train, and get a little bit confuse between Tianjin Railways Station and South Station. Is it the same station?
      Is there any locker room or luggage room in Tianjin Railway Station?

Thanks

3 Answers May 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    • anoum's Profile Photo

How much time to spend in Tianjin?

Tianjin Nov 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I have bought a tour for 5D4N in Beijing. But I have booked my flight ticket to arrive in Tianjin 2 days earlier than Day 1 of tour and also my departure flight is a day after the last day of the tour itinerary. This means I have at least two and a half extra days on my own.

How much time should I spend in Tianjin? I arrive in Tianjin at about 3 pm and have two days before joining the tour.

Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    • How safe is Tianjin?

Tianjin Shi Sep 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Hi all, I have a few questions:

1. Will it be unwise to cycle in Tianjin? I have heard that the traffic in China is bad, and cars will not give way to cyclists or pedestrians, so I was strongly advised against cycling in Beijing. Yet I am still quite keen in exploring Tianjin by bicycle. Will it be equally unsafe?

2. For places like the Drum Tower and Wudadao, will they be walking or cycling distance from the Tianjin Train Station?

3. After the day tour in Tianjin, I would be returning to my hotel in Beijing. How safe is Tianjin and Beijing at night in general? What is the appropriate time to be back in our hotel at night?

2 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 3:59 AM
    • Help on directions in Tianjin needed

Tianjin Sep 11, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Hi, I would be going to Tianjin for a day from Beijing by bullet train in the morning, and returning at night. I am seeking help on directions to the various places in my itinerary. Below is my itinerary:

Arrive in Tianjin
      Visit Century Clock across Liberation Bridge
      Visit Haihe River
      Shop at Binjiang Dao Walking Street & Nanjing Road
      Shop at Heping Road

Lunch at Nanshi Food Street

Visit Drum Tower
      Visit Tianjin Ancient Cultural Street
      Visit Wudadao Sightseeing Street

Can anyone be able to help?

4 Answers Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    • Help with Baggage at Train Station

Tianjin Sep 14, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Is there someone to help put baggage on train? We want to take train from Beijing to Tianjin and will need help. Please let us know. Thank you,
      E. Matorin

1 Answer Nov 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    • cbcloud's Profile Photo

Coming to Tianjin in Oct1-12

Tianjin Aug 22, 2010 at 3:19 AM

I will be visting Tianjin for aconference. The conference will be helsd at the Tianjin Meijiang Convention and Exhibition Center (MJCEC), Tianjin, China.
      Can any one help me with Good hotel that is close to the MJCEC. I tried google but no help.
      I also would like to to take my wife with me, any good shopping places.
      Regards

• Train Times for Wuqing

Tianjin Nov 21, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Visiting Tianjin in a couple of weeks and will need to do some work in Wuqing.
      Can anyone identify the train times from Tianjin please.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    • taxi cost and travel time from Tianjin airport to Xingang cruise terminal

Tianjin Nov 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM

does anyone know the cost of taxi fare from Tianjin airport to cruise port in Xingang and how long is the ride? Please refer a good taxi driver and if possible, phone number so I can call to book?

• VT members in Tianjin

Tianjin Nov 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi

My wife and I would be going to Tianjin within the next one or two weeks. I would be with the Nankai Law School for a short stint. We would like to meet up with local Tianjin residents to get an insight into the city. Please email at skp288@gmail.com

Many thanks.

John

1 Answer Feb 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    • Perucha's Profile Photo

Step-by-step Tianjin Airport to Beijing Zhan Railway Station

Tianjin Aug 29, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Dear all,

Can anyone help me the step-by-step how to go from Tianjin Binhai International Airport to Beijing Zhan Railway Station? I want to take bullet train (C Train).
      The step-by-step means: How to go from Tianjin Airport to Tianjin Train Station for taking C train? Where to arrive in Beijing, and how to go to Beijing Zhan?
      I'm a very disoriented person and can't read map :( I also avoid taxi.

Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    • 2 days in Tianjin

Tianjin Shi Aug 15, 2009 at 11:10 AM

hi..
      I'm going to spent two days in Tianjin.. can somebody help me things to do in Tianjin for 2 days?
      How much is train cost from Tianjin to Beijing? Is there any train from Tianjin to Shanghai?
      xiexie

4 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 1:05 AM
    • Transportation from Xingang to Tianjin or Tanggu Railway Station?

Tianjin Jun 23, 2009 at 11:57 AM

We will arrive at the cruise port in Xingang in October 2009 and would like to go to the Tianjin Railway Station to take the bullet train to Beijing. I need information on how to get to the bullet train from Xingang cruise port. Can someone tell me the approximate cost of a taxi from Xingang port to the railway station? Or is there a light rail train between Xingang and Tianjin? Or would it be better to take the bullet train to Beijing from Tanggu instead of Tianjin? If so, what would a taxi cost to the Tanggu station?

We have been to China one before and love the country but it is sometimes hard to find information details from so far away.

Thank you for your help,
      Linda

5 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    • For tourist sightseeing, which hotel is more convenient?

Tianjin Apr 17, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Hello, my family and I will be arriving in Tianjin on 22 May afternoon. We will stay one night in Tianjin before leaving for Beijing the next day evening.

Please advise which hotel Ibis is more convenient & comfortable for tourist sightseeing purpose.

1) Hotel Ibis Tianjin TEDA : 30th 3rd Avenue TEDA - 300457 - TIANJIN - CHINA
      2) Hotel Ibis Tianjin Tian Wei : 23 Diwei Road Hebei District - 300143
      3) Hotel Ibis Tanggu :1015 Jintang Road Tanggu District - 300450 - TIANJIN

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
      Song

3 Answers Apr 18, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    • Where to stay in Tianjin

Tianjin Mar 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM

i have a day to spent in Tianjin before catching flight back to malaysia.

will reach tianjin around noon time by taking a bullet train from beijing.

Any suggestion which hotel to stay, preferably near shopping and old culture
      street and not too far from the airport.

3 Answers Apr 13, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    • Super 14s Rugby

Tianjin Mar 17, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I will be spending 2 weeks in Tianjin mid - April and am a keen Rugby supporter. Is anyone aware of any pubs/bars that would show the Super 14s rugby? Thanks in advance

• Tianjin sites and transportation

Tianjin Feb 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM

We've visited Tianjin before and loved our private day tour... the former concession area, the food mall, the culture street. We'll be arriving in Xingang again and we are wondering if it's possible to hire a taxi, with even a slightly English speaking driver, that would take us to Tianjin and show us around. There are a few sites we didn't see last visit and wondered if these are worth a visit... the Shi Family Mansion and/or a cruise on the Haihe River.
      Many thanks for any suggestions... Sandy

• bryankang's Profile Photo

Guesthouse in Tianjin

Tianjin Sep 24, 2008 at 1:18 AM

Hello,
      I will go Tianjin nextweek and stay for several days

So, is anybody able to recommend guesthouse near Tianjin harbor ?

I think people from another nation run homestay like guestroom.

I want to stay in different culuere, having a chat over a can of beer

I know many korean guesthouse' address in Tianjin,

if someguys need information, I will gladly comment list!

• Tianjin Ferry Terminal to Beijing

Tianjin Shi Jun 7, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Hi, I am travelling to Tanjin by Ferry and need to get to the domestic terminal of Beijing Capitol Airport for a connecting flight to Harbin. I was hoping someone could give me some advice as to the quickest and cheapest way to get there.
      Thanks heaps

1 Answer Jun 7, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    • Tianjin Ferry Terminal

Tianjin Shi Apr 16, 2008 at 2:26 AM

Hello,

I will have to take the ferry from Tianjin to Seoul and I would appreciate to have some info about the location and the way to reach the terminal. Could you help me?

2 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 11:06 PM
    • celloplay's Profile Photo

How do i Travel via Ferry from Tianjin to Busan?

Tianjin Shi Aug 24, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Hi VTers

would like to know the best way to travel from Tianjin to Busan

ferry would be more cost effective i heard.

any idea?

Cheers
      Vic

2 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 4:05 AM
    • yangzhigong's Profile Photo

Do you like eat Ma Hua ?

Tianjin Jul 23, 2007 at 3:30 AM

A traditional food of Tianjin named Ma Hua, do you like it?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 12:28 AM
    • ZenLady34's Profile Photo

Have you been in Nankai, Tianjin?

Nankai Mar 19, 2007 at 5:15 AM

Hi All,

have you been in Nankai, Tianjin? I am looking for info of Nankai as applying to a course which is held in University of Nankai. Now, I would like to know some info on the city, transportation, location (close to BJS?) or ANY info at all.

Done surfing but without any results... Would you happen to have some links or info on the city?

Many thanks in advance! ps. course begins in April 07, so I guess Im a bit in a hurry...

2 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 1:47 AM
    • sahel578's Profile Photo

What to See?

Tianjin Shi Feb 9, 2007 at 4:18 AM

I will be accompanying my husband on a business trip to Tianjin in the next few months. (The dates have yet to be confimed). As he will be working all day, I'd like to do more than lounge around a hotel. Any suggestions on nearby sites, food and/or shopping?
      Thank you!

1 Answer Feb 9, 2007 at 10:36 AM
    • linwei66's Profile Photo

development, micro-crediting, income generation organizations

Tianjin Oct 28, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Does anyone know of any organizations in Tianjin that focus on economic/community development, gender and development, or anything else along those lines? I'm looking for an organization that I can get involved with while I'm in Tianjin...I'll be here until July 2007 so I figured I might as well get involved and offer to be of whatever help I can.

I've heard of the Tianjin Women's Federation? Know anything about it?

Thanks, Lyndsey

2 Answers Oct 30, 2006 at 9:50 PM
    • solecf's Profile Photo

where to travel during long weekends?

Tianjin Shi Sep 29, 2006 at 6:12 AM

Hello,

Iam living in Tianjin and i have long weekends, i can leave Friday night and come back on Monday night (to be back at tuesday morning) so i would like to start to see this country!!!
      But everything is in chinese (i know, it is normal, but it is hard as well...) so i cant find out what are the places i can travel during the night arriving there in the morning, then stay two nights and come back on Monday night. Where to go? whre to find the train timetables?

And i have another question, someone told me that it isnt possible to buy a return ticket in China... that you have to buy one way and then get the other one, but then i may not be able to come back on Monday night and i have to work on tuesday afternoon!!!! Is there any way to buy a return train ticket? not in the station but i know you can go to some tourist agencies and they get you the ticket... can you ask them for a return ticket or do you have to pray to get the return ticket when you arrive to your destination?

thanks *:)

1 Answer Sep 30, 2006 at 5:21 AM
    • solecf's Profile Photo

where to go

Tianjin Shi Sep 19, 2006 at 5:53 PM

Hi,
      iam living in Tianjin and everybody has told me how the country gets for October holidays, everybody travels so iam not going on holidays anywhere. I may go to Beijing one day, just to see all that people, but nothing more. But even so i would like to know if there is anything small place around Tianjin interesting. Somewhere where i can go by train or bus for the day around this area.

thanks a lot *:)

2 Answers Sep 22, 2006 at 1:47 AM
    •  where it is

Tianjin Jul 18, 2006 at 6:44 AM

i want to know where it is,and how to go there ,thank you

3 Answers Jul 20, 2006 at 12:33 PM