Tianjin Travel Answers

change location

Help on directions in Tianjin needed

by chinadoll3k Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Hi, I would be going to Tianjin for a day from Beijing by bullet train in the morning, and returning at night. I am seeking help on directions to the various places in my itinerary. Below is my itinerary:

Arrive in Tianjin
Visit Century Clock across Liberation Bridge
Visit Haihe River
Shop at Binjiang Dao Walking Street & Nanjing Road
Shop at Heping Road

Lunch at Nanshi Food Street

Visit Drum Tower
Visit Tianjin Ancient Cultural Street
Visit Wudadao Sightseeing Street

Can anyone be able to help?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Re: Help on directions in Tianjin needed

by SLLiew Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 4:24 AM

It is do-able in 1 day. It took awhile for me to get to and back from the Beijing train station - so you need to factor that time taken. Get a city map from a bookstore in Beijing or when you are in Tianjin. The first morning trains can be gone fast - I had to take a later morning train.

Once in Tianjing, there are several options - use the local buses which I did, or hire a taxi or rent bicycle. I was suprised that Cultural Street and some other tourist places closed so early - not open at night when I was there.

Tianjing is easy to get around but distances can add up. So go to your must see places first. I noticed that Gou Bu Li main restauarant is not in your list.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • LiuXL's Profile Photo

by LiuXL Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I have to say that might be a tight schedual.Walk of the train station, you will see the Century clock,liberation bridge and Haihe river. Fortunately, Binjiang Dao Walking Street and Nanshi food street are not far away from the rail station.You can take a taxi to get there within 20 min.

• Re: Help on directions in Tianjin needed

by chinadoll3k Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Thanks all for your helpful suggestions. I have a few more questions:

1. Will it be unwise to cycle in Tianjin? I have heard that the traffic in China is bad, and cars will not give way to cyclists or pedestrians, so I was strongly advised against cycling in Beijing. Yet I am still quite keen in traveling around in Tianjin by bicycle. Will it be equally unsafe?

2. As for the other places like the Drum Tower and Wudadao, will they be walking or cycling distance from the Tianjin Train Station?

3. How safe is Tianjin at night in general? What is the appropriate time to be back in our hotel at night?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

by SLLiew Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Tianjing is along the river. If you enjoy bicycling, the river side park or roads along the river and the old Western buildings zone will be great to bicycle. I saw some tourists on bicycle in Tianjing - I did not do it and so no idea how safe it is.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tianjin