Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelling to swiss

Interlaken Yesterday

hi everyone! :)
      im going to zurich for 4 days in June..
      1st day : i will be arriving in zurich around 4pm.
      2nd day : im planning to rent a car for a day trip to Interlaken and Grindelwald. is this a good choice? there are 6 of us.i am thinking it is better to rent a car than taking a train.what can u suggest for this roadtrip? im planning to stop to a few scenic places on my way to interlaken
      3rd day : zurich tour. what else can i do in zurich?i heard about Rhine Falls. is it worth going?
      4th day : going to take early morning train to paris

i'm very glad if someone could suggest what more i could do for this swiss trip. im running out of idea. my family and I are hoping that we could see scenic view of switzerland

more
    • Okay to take 16-month old to Jungfrau?

Grindelwald 2 hours ago

My concern is about altitude sickness. Should I be worried?

more
    • Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

more
    • FIVE MINUTE TRAIN TRANSFER??

by GRANDMABEANY Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM

We will be taking a train from Interlaken to Zurich, with a five minute transfer time in Thun.
      Will five minutes be enough time to get from one train to the other with two pieces of rolling luggage and no children along?

6 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    • FIVE MINUTE TRAIN TRANSFER??

by GRANDMABEANY Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM

We will be taking a train from Interlaken to Zurich, with a five minute transfer time in Thun.
      Will five minutes be enough time to get from one train to the other with two pieces of rolling luggage and no children along?

4 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Panzermuseum Thun & Thun accomodation

by Drugness Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hello all
      I'm curious about visiting this museum when i visit Thun this Summer. I've heard it's attached to an Army base. Have any VT'ers been there? If so, can you advise on whether i need to make an appointment to visit or whether photo's are allowed?
      I couldn't find an email address online for the Museum either, so if anyone can help there i would appreciate it.

Also, if you could give me some idea of where the museum is in relation to Thun city itself, then that would be great!
      Also, if you know a reasonably priced place in Thun to stay i'd love to hear it :)
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

3 Answers Jan 9, 2010 at 4:31 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Panzermuseum Thun & Thun accomodation

by Drugness Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hello all
      I'm curious about visiting this museum when i visit Thun this Summer. I've heard it's attached to an Army base. Have any VT'ers been there? If so, can you advise on whether i need to make an appointment to visit or whether photo's are allowed?
      Also, if you could give me some idea of where the museum is in relation to Thun city itself, then that would be great!
      Also, if you know a reasonably priced place in Thun to stay i'd love to hear it :)
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

• Stayin in Thun, Switzerland

by jsandebe Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Hello
      We are a family of four, 2 Adults and 2 children (1x14 and 1x11). We have a hire car and have 5 nights in Thun, Switzerland 20th-25th January 2009. We are coming from Lake Como and after Thun are driving to Geneva. While in Thun we would prefer a self catered apartment but are also open to the suggestion of a good B&B. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Also any tips on MUST SEES while we are in Thun as we intend to do day trips out and about, love to get off the tourist track and just capture the experience of the locals and other cultural experiences of the area.
      Thanks Jackie

2 Answers Nov 4, 2008 at 6:59 AM
    • LAKE THUN? or Interlaken

by jmelee Online Now May 6, 2004 at 11:53 AM

Hello, My husband and I are taking a night train from Venice to Bern. We were going to spend the day in Bern and then travel on to Thun and make that our "base". We are really needing some time to relax, go hiking etc. take a boat ride to interlaken etc. Any ideas on hotel/resorts in Thun (preferred on Lake Thun) would be appreciated.

4 Answers May 17, 2004 at 8:06 AM
    • Travel from Lake THun to Interlaken

by pennyluk Online Now May 2, 2004 at 2:54 PM

We will be staying at Lake Thun in July and know it is a 15 minute walk to Interlaken. Are there regularly scheduled buses or trams to Interlaken for a faster daily "commute" from hotel to Interlaken? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks.

1 Answer May 3, 2004 at 12:39 PM
    • weather in Thun

by dinahutt Online Now Jul 5, 2003 at 12:42 PM

What is the weather like in Thunersee Switzerland in August?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2003 at 6:47 PM