Thu Do Ha Noi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private apartment renting in Phu Quoc

Phu Quoc May 2, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I would like to ask whether I could rent a private apartment in Phu Quoc for 3D2N?

more
    • Fight in Hue

Vietnam May 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Anyone know where you can watch the pacquio-mayweather fight in hue? Thanks a ton

more
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Vietnam visa help

Ho Chi Minh City May 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Hello! I would like to travel to Vietnam, and am currently in Thailand, leaving for Laos very soon. I'm a U.S. Citizen and was wondering how long it takes to get a visa, not a visa approval, but the visa itself. The only reason can't do a VOA is because I would like to travel over the border instead of flying into Vietnam. My 3 basic questions are, how long does the visa take to get, what's the process, and how much does it cost compared to a VOA? Tia!

more
    • Cat Ba - Haiphong ferry schedule

Cat Ba May 3, 2015 at 10:01 PM

where can i find the Cat Ba - Haiphong ferry schedule please?
      -i need to leave cat ba around 9am... is there a ferry from cat ba town to the Ben Binh ferry station?
      -need to be at Haiphong airport at 12 noon.
      thanks!

more
    • MattA59's Profile Photo

Taxi, Bus or Fly? Best way to see Vietnam

Vietnam May 17, 2015 at 4:07 PM

My wife & I are flying to Vietnam for 3 weeks in August. I was planning on having 4 - 5 base places then use those to see the surrounding areas. Any advice on maximising our time & cost effectively would be greatly appreciated. Did similar in Europe & it worked out well but understanding Europe is far different to Asia.

Thanks.

more
    • visit2010's Profile Photo

Homestays - Looking for some information

Vietnam May 9, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Hi all,

What is like staying in homestays in Saigon and Hanoi locations? I never stayed in such a places, so wondering what should I expect. Will I get a private room/shower and whether food is optional, if it is available? How much will a typical place cost/night?

more
    • robertaberman's Profile Photo

Vietnam: Travelling from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi for +/- 3 weeks.

Vietnam May 14, 2015 at 1:31 AM

I am attending a conference (as a professional photographer) in Singapore, during the second week of October and afterwards want to travel to Vietnam for about 3 weeks.
      My plan would be to fly from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh, travel overland (trains/buses) north to Hanoi and from there, fly back to Singapore. When travelling I generally try to avoid tourist areas/sites and I am particularly interested in photographing local life - people just getting on with their lives, ‘street photography’. So the first place I visit in a village/town/city would be the market/local areas. I will be travelling on a fairly tight budget and will therefore seek inexpensive accommodation – hostels are OK, as long as I have my own room/facilities!
      I would therefore greatly appreciate any advice/tips/recommendations as to which places are worth visiting between Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi and the best methods (trains/buses) of travelling around.
      Many thanks,

more
    • DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

planning my itenerary

Ho Chi Minh City May 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Ok, so I have 10 nights totall for the whole of vietnam. How long do I need in ho chi minh city? I like to visit the historic sites, eat and drink from super places and relax as well. And whats the most central area in ho chi minh? Thank u!

more

Popular Thu Do Ha Noi Travel Answer Locations

• Free Tour Guide

Hanoi Mar 19, 2015 at 4:40 AM

hello, my name is Hieu,. I’m from a suburb of Hanoi, Vietnam. I’m a humorous boy with an eagerness to practice English, my English is not good. When you come to Hanoi, please contact me. I will be your free tour guide. You will be shown a different Hanoi which’s never been seen on TVs, magazines, books, v.v.v… My phone no. is 084983617945, my email is Trinhbahieu009@gmail.com

• 4 days trip

Hanoi Mar 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Hello people, me and my wife are planning to travel to Hanoi fir 4 days and wS wondering how we could make the most of it.. We git to do holong bay for sure. We are interested in some clothes shopping as well. Also, keen in knowin the Vietnamese history and the famous wars.

Pls suggest. Thanks

27 Answers Yesterday
    • Minh1spy's Profile Photo

Adventure activities

Hanoi Dec 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Are there any adventurous activities in Vietnam/ Hanoi like flying fox, roller coaster, bungee jumping etc.? I am writing to my friend because she wants some adventure in Vietnam

2 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

USD or VND ?

Hanoi Dec 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Ringgit depreciate a lot this few days, changing to USD or VND has different amount, would like to know which currency is well acceptance. I follow a tour, notice to spend on meal.

14 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:16 AM
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and his house
      -Temple of Literature
      Lunch time at an Indian restaurant
      -Vietnam museum of Ethnology
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • International & domestic flight ticket
      • Visa arrangement
      • Drinks, travel insurance, other meals

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

4 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • Visa arrangement

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

3 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • Guided Tours in Hanoi

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi I am planning to visit Hanoi/Sapa during 24 Dec - 28 Dec (we are 4 people together). I searched for english speaking tour guides online and in touch with 2-3 guides who will give me customized packages (excluding airfare + hotel accommodation). I am surprised to know that they are charging 300 USD - 700 USD/person. Does it really cost so much for personal guides?
      Can you tell me what are other alternatives for guided tours. Do we get in Hanoi itself? Anyone can give some contact point. Thanks.

7 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • sbarsby's Profile Photo

Guide to Support Bicycle Tour

Hanoi Nov 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hi,
      My daughter (age 47) and I are cycling from Hanoi to Hoi An beginning mid March 2015. I'll be going on solo to HCMC from there. We think we need a guide with a van for support. So I'm looking for advice on whether we can wait until we get to Hanoi to worry about it (we have two full free days there), and what we should expect to pay. We are not high-end travelers. Thanks.

5 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    • sejmer's Profile Photo

Ceramics in Bat Trang

Hanoi Nov 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Does anybody know how much it would cost to let ceramics ( a vase around 100 cm high ) to be shipped to Europe
      ( Sweden in my case ). What I can read from internet is the price at the spot. I would need the total costs including customs etc. Anyone who has a personal experience of this ? Are the sellers reliable?

Thanks in advance
      Sejmer

1 Answer Nov 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • Motorcross trip 3-4days 1nov riders wanted

Hanoi Oct 29, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Hi

I am wanting to do get a group of riders together for 3-4 day off road tour from Hanoi. Anyone interested. Would like to leave on the 1st nov.

6 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • glen006's Profile Photo

One Day City tour

Hanoi Oct 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hi, we will be in Hanoi in November, and have one day free. We were looking at doing a one-day City Tour, but all look exactly the same and go to virtually the same attractions.

Is it worth actually doing one? Or should we just take inspiration from their itineraries and go at our own pace?

Any other advice about must see / do and eats while in Hanoi for a day?

Cheers!

8 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • How to travel real Ha Noi life

Hanoi Oct 10, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I want to travel around in ha noi. But i dont know how to go the best?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 2:03 AM
    • Is Hanoi safe for Chinese?

Hanoi Oct 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Hi,
      I'm from Hong Kong and planning to visit to Hanoi end of this month. But I very concern is there still any "anti-Chinese" in the city? Is it dangerous to travel to Hanoi now? Hope you can give me some update and tips.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • perthfan's Profile Photo

Best Tailor for Women's Clothing Near Old Quarter

Hanoi Oct 3, 2014 at 7:32 AM

I will be in Hanoi for several days and would like to have some clothing made. Can any one recommend a high quality ladies' tailor/fabric shop in the old quarter, where I will be staying. I'm less concerned about cost than I am about quality. But perhaps an estimate of cost for a jacket and pair of slacks would be helpful.

7 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    • pubkk's Profile Photo

Can you recommned any things to do in Hanoi if I have 5- 6 hours before boarding train to SAPA?

Hanoi Sep 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hi There,

I am going to Hanoi next week. The monring flight will land me there around 9 am so I will have a plenty of time before taking the train at night. I am thinking of killing time at flea market or nice coffee shop. Do you have any idea? Thanks

9 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I need a 2-day itinerary for Hanoi

Hanoi Aug 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Further to my original question. The organized tour I'll be taking includes the following sites:
      Old Quarter; Ba Dinh Square, Ho Chi Minh Quarter, Hoa Lo prison, Temple of Literature, Water Puppet Show.

I'd like to see something that's not on this list and will help educate a North American about Vietnam.

9 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I need a 2-day itinerary for Hanoi

Hanoi Aug 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I will be on a group tour of Hanoi, covering all the major sites. But I have two days on my own before the tour. I'd like some suggestions about what to see that won't be on the organized tour. I'll be staying in the Old Quarter so that's my starting point.

4 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • Airport (HAN)

Hanoi Jul 31, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Hi!

I have a connecting flight in Hanoi (HAN) early morning . I intend to spend a night in the airport before my next day early flight.
      Is the airport (HAN) a 24-hours airport or there would be a closing hours?
      Thanks!

10 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    • What is the most realistic trip

Hanoi Jul 31, 2014 at 12:06 AM

i'm fouding a good trip with real hanoi life.

2 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • Any nice restaurants with authentic French or Italian Cuisine?

Hanoi Jun 17, 2014 at 2:56 AM

I'm in Hanoi quite a lot, and though I love Vietnamese food, it's pretty spicy. Can anyone recomend some good
      European restaurants?

4 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • J.I.M's Profile Photo

What to do for my lady's birthday in Hanoi?

Hanoi May 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi there. My girlfriend and I are travelling SE Asia and will be in Hanoi for a few days, one of which will be her birthday. Does anyone know something fun I could take her to see/do? I'm thinking I'd like to take her to a nice restaurant in the evening and maybe go to a bar/club later that night. Any recommendations for good restaurants or clubs?

As for the day, I'm really not sure where to take her. We could just do some city sightseeing, but that's pretty much what we do everyday, so it doesn't feel very special. Does anyone know somewhere romantic or unique/special that I could take her during the day?

If it helps, she likes puppies (any dog cafes like in Korea/Japan?), shopping, watching movies (was thinking of taking her to a cinema), reading books, and jewellery.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could provide any good ideas for me. I'm really not sure how to treat her and make her birthday a special day.

Thanks so much for your help.

3 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • cruelsan's Profile Photo

Reputable Tour Company in Hanoi

Hanoi May 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Hi, is anyone here familiar with The Light Travel tour company in Hanoi? http://www.thelighttravel.com/

They offered me a good deal but I just want to make sure they're legit. Thank you!

3 Answers May 26, 2014 at 6:56 AM
    • luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

Halong Bay

Hanoi May 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Does anyone have any tip of a good tourism company to visit Halong bay? What do you guys suggest, is it better to stay over night in the boat or is it enough to spend a day and go back to Hanoi?. I´m wondering if it´s to boring to sleep at the boat. Thank you

17 Answers May 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    • Preparing for June Vietnam Trip

Hanoi Apr 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hello. My husband and I are taking our 11 and 13 year old to Vietnam in June. I am trying to prepare for a couple of things.

1. The heat in June.
      2. Avoiding stomach issues.
      3. Types of shoes that will allow us to stay cool and also comfortable. Are tennis shoes a good option?

Any advice from travelers during the summer months?

9 Answers May 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • Halong Bay Overnight Cruise

Hanoi Apr 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM

What are the reliable/honest companies that offer this cruise?
      How much will it cost per person?
      Any important reminders about schedules, fees, behavior?

8 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM
    • Visiting during august

Hanoi Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I will be traveling with a 1year and 9 months baby. Do you think it will be hot as hell or maybe a little fresh as it is close to september? Is it a safe place dor traveling with a baby? Thank you!

9 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

HANOI,, HALONG IN FEBRUARY

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi all have asked a couple of questions about Vietnam for our 2015 hols... Not sure if this has been covered, so will ask again as we are desperate to go to Halong Bay
      Is mid February a good time to visit Hanoi and Halong Bay.... We are desperate to visit Halong but only really at the best time....
      Will it be chilly in the morning and evening in Hanoi and Halong, will it be misty / rainy / windy.....
      We do appreciate that nobody can forecast the weather but it would be useful to have first hand experience of previous weathers in Feb..... We have checked the various web sites on climate and weathers in the area and are tempted to go further south.... Please somebody advise us that Feb is a good time to go.....
      Heres hoping
      poepat

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Airport to Hanoi

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Hi

What is the best cheapest mode of transport between Hanoi airport and Hanoi old town

Thanks

10 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • How would you spend 4 days and 4 nights in Hanoi and Halong Bay?

Hanoi Mar 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Hello everyone. I am a single male traveler who will divide my 4 days and 4 nights in Hanoi and Halong Bay.

I have read many posts of Hanoi and Halong Bay. Most people say they disliked Hanoi because it is very noisy and has annoying traffic. However, most reports say that 2 days and 1 night in Halong Bay is more than enough.

If you would have 4 days and 4 nights, how would you divide your visit?

A.  Would you spend 1Day/2Night in Hanoi and 3Days/2Nights in Halong Bay? or 

B.  Would you stay 2Days/3Nights in Hanoi and 2Days/1Night in Halong Bay?

If you have experienced a Halong Bay cruise for 3Days/2night, Did the cruise sailed different places on the second day and night? Did the captain took a different route to show different landmarks?

My decision would be made on the responses I get from this forum. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. cool

8 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • AliceV's Profile Photo

How to Do?...Arrival Hanoi at 0030H....wants to go direct to & Halong Bay take the 2/d-1nite Cruise

Hanoi Feb 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Hi! How do I do it?....we want to maximize the four (4) whole days of our trip in Hanoi. We will have around 5 hours sparetime before the usual trip to Halong, given the time of our arrival, we want to save on our hotel accommodation..............we intend to have hotel accommodation and the city tour on the 3rd and 4th day of our trip as our flight back is at 0100H.

Would appreciate your kind advise.:p

14 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM