change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• poepat's Profile Photo

HANOI,, HALONG IN FEBRUARY

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi all have asked a couple of questions about Vietnam for our 2015 hols... Not sure if this has been covered, so will ask again as we are desperate to go to Halong Bay
      Is mid February a good time to visit Hanoi and Halong Bay.... We are desperate to visit Halong but only really at the best time....
      Will it be chilly in the morning and evening in Hanoi and Halong, will it be misty / rainy / windy.....
      We do appreciate that nobody can forecast the weather but it would be useful to have first hand experience of previous weathers in Feb..... We have checked the various web sites on climate and weathers in the area and are tempted to go further south.... Please somebody advise us that Feb is a good time to go.....
      Heres hoping
      poepat

more
    • Halong Bay Overnight Cruise

Hanoi Apr 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM

What are the reliable/honest companies that offer this cruise?
      How much will it cost per person?
      Any important reminders about schedules, fees, behavior?

more
    • Visiting during august

Hanoi Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I will be traveling with a 1year and 9 months baby. Do you think it will be hot as hell or maybe a little fresh as it is close to september? Is it a safe place dor traveling with a baby? Thank you!

more
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Airport to Hanoi

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Hi

What is the best cheapest mode of transport between Hanoi airport and Hanoi old town

Thanks

more

Popular Thu Do Ha Noi Travel Answer Locations

• Halong Bay Overnight Cruise

Hanoi Apr 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM

What are the reliable/honest companies that offer this cruise?
      How much will it cost per person?
      Any important reminders about schedules, fees, behavior?

6 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • Visiting during august

Hanoi Mar 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I will be traveling with a 1year and 9 months baby. Do you think it will be hot as hell or maybe a little fresh as it is close to september? Is it a safe place dor traveling with a baby? Thank you!

9 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

HANOI,, HALONG IN FEBRUARY

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi all have asked a couple of questions about Vietnam for our 2015 hols... Not sure if this has been covered, so will ask again as we are desperate to go to Halong Bay
      Is mid February a good time to visit Hanoi and Halong Bay.... We are desperate to visit Halong but only really at the best time....
      Will it be chilly in the morning and evening in Hanoi and Halong, will it be misty / rainy / windy.....
      We do appreciate that nobody can forecast the weather but it would be useful to have first hand experience of previous weathers in Feb..... We have checked the various web sites on climate and weathers in the area and are tempted to go further south.... Please somebody advise us that Feb is a good time to go.....
      Heres hoping
      poepat

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Airport to Hanoi

Hanoi Mar 26, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Hi

What is the best cheapest mode of transport between Hanoi airport and Hanoi old town

Thanks

10 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    • How would you spend 4 days and 4 nights in Hanoi and Halong Bay?

Hanoi Mar 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Hello everyone. I am a single male traveler who will divide my 4 days and 4 nights in Hanoi and Halong Bay.

I have read many posts of Hanoi and Halong Bay. Most people say they disliked Hanoi because it is very noisy and has annoying traffic. However, most reports say that 2 days and 1 night in Halong Bay is more than enough.

If you would have 4 days and 4 nights, how would you divide your visit?

A.  Would you spend 1Day/2Night in Hanoi and 3Days/2Nights in Halong Bay? or 

B.  Would you stay 2Days/3Nights in Hanoi and 2Days/1Night in Halong Bay?

If you have experienced a Halong Bay cruise for 3Days/2night, Did the cruise sailed different places on the second day and night? Did the captain took a different route to show different landmarks?

My decision would be made on the responses I get from this forum. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. cool

8 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • AliceV's Profile Photo

How to Do?...Arrival Hanoi at 0030H....wants to go direct to & Halong Bay take the 2/d-1nite Cruise

Hanoi Feb 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Hi! How do I do it?....we want to maximize the four (4) whole days of our trip in Hanoi. We will have around 5 hours sparetime before the usual trip to Halong, given the time of our arrival, we want to save on our hotel accommodation..............we intend to have hotel accommodation and the city tour on the 3rd and 4th day of our trip as our flight back is at 0100H.

Would appreciate your kind advise.:p

14 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    • Footprints indochina travel

Hanoi Jan 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Does anyone have any information regarding this tour company which is based in Siagon and Hanoi

4 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    • stiepelarne's Profile Photo

Football in Hanoi Feb. 18/19/21?

Hanoi Jan 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM

crazy question, I know, but as I try to watch a football match in every county visited:
      Does anybody know of any football match played in Hanoi on Feb. 18, 19 or 21?
      I have already screened unsuccessfully the schedules of V-League and First Division.

3 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • JonathanL88's Profile Photo

Guide Services - Hanoi and Vietnam in general

Hanoi Jan 25, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Hi - I'm intending to fly into Hanoi in mid Feb, does anyone have any recommendations on reputable guides and what a reasonable price to pay would be for private guide services?

Thanks!

6 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    • 5 nights trip - Hanoi, Hue, Da Nang or Hoi An - Any suggestions?

Hanoi Jan 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I am planning my 1st trip to Vietnam, however, it is going to be a short trip. After doing some research and based on my interests for nature, history and culture, I came with few places to visit in Vietnam, thinking that I will be arriving at Hanoi and making my way south and probably depart from south.

What are the places should I consider/skip from the list I have? I was looking at the overnight train travel and I am kind of interested doing it at least to one location. As such, this trip could be sometimes in Jan/Feb.

Any suggestions/tips/information?

Aslo, Anyone traveling around this time?

Thanks, Jay

13 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Shopping in Hanoi

Hanoi Jan 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Hi
      We can spend hours in malls when we travel and love to shop. Will that be possible in Hanois malls?
      We are not interested in all the copies of clothes and bags, but something typically Vietnamese. Will there also be money to save on known brands when it comes to clothes, shoes etc.?

7 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

How many days in Hanoi

Hanoi Jan 2, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Hi
      How many days would you say you can use in Hanoi? We heard that just a few days then you have enough?
      We would like to see a lot of the sights there and take a day trip to ha long bay, but we would also like to have time to just take a walk in the old part and feel the atmosphere, or just take a walk around west lake...........How many days would you say is good? We are not affraid to stay longer in a noisy city, so that wouldn´t be a problem :-)

16 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • where can i buy cheapish large suitcase

Hanoi Dec 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Hi my daughter is on her first day of holiday and the zip on her suitcase is completely broken and wont do up. They are in Hanoi for 2 days before moving on to Hoi An, Saigon. She needs to get a new suitcase before leaving Hanoi as they have an internal flight to go to next place they are staying in. Whereabouts in Hanoi can she buy a largish suitcase (her previous one had a 20kg weight allowance) which is not too expensive? thanks

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Traffics Problem

Hanoi Dec 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Is it seriously alot of cheaters?

7 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Toilets in Vietnam, Please answer? :/

Hanoi Dec 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Is there easy to to find toilet? And is it clean?

7 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM
    • Transportation

Hanoi Dec 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Is it easy to get transportation in Hanoi-Vietnam? Anyone can tell me? :)

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Places to travel

Hanoi Dec 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Any other suggestion to travel in Hanoi? Maybe like Museums and others?

5 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Laundry in West Lake

Hanoi Nov 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Hello, Any suggestions for places to get laundry done in West Lake? We have just moved out of our hotel to The Somerset Apartments in West Lake, they offer a laundry service but it is almost as expensive as we were paying the the Sofitel Metropole!

1 Answer Nov 27, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • Airport viet air bus or bus 7? route?

Hanoi Nov 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Hi,

May i know if the vietnam air bus to city is still USD 2? i'm visiting a friend staying in Hoang Quoc Viet road. From my research, it seem that i could take bus no. 7 near International Centre of Science & Technology. do i need to change a bus somewhere. If you could give an estimated traveling time it'll be great!

How to look for bus stops in Hanoi? I hardly remember seeing any signs, but maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

Thank you!
      Woo

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • Persian rugs

Hanoi Oct 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I like a Persian rug in the store in the Hanoi Sheraton hotel. . Does the store have a good reputation ? How is the value of buying a Persian rug on Hanpi ? Is the silk from Vietnam ? Any info I can give me would be helpful. I only have today to decide . Thank you

2 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    • Best Boutique Hotels in Hanoi

Hanoi Oct 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I was introduced that there are some great Boutique Hotels chain in Hanoi like Church Boutique Hotels, Hanoi Elegance, Conifer Boutique Hotels in Hanoi. Still, It's very hard to know what is the best option? Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

5 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • tennis shoes

Hanoi Oct 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

are tennis shoes good for hanoi in january

5 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

where to stay in Hanoi

Hanoi Oct 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM

HI my wife and I are staying in Hanoi for up to 3 nights. We like to have fun a drink or 2. We will be backpacking. The last time we travelled to Vietnam we stayed in HIMC on De Thaan Road backpackers area. Is there an area in Hanoi similar please where we can stay and hang out

Cheers

Sean

13 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • Which hotel in Hanoi Old quarter

Hanoi Sep 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I am going to travel to Hanoi, Vietnam for 1 month. I do not know which hotel in Hanoi? and where should I go

I travel with my family ( kid )

12 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • Things to do outside of Hanoi

Hanoi Sep 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Looking for things to do outside of Hanoi for one day only. What would be the not to miss places within two hours drive and who could you recommend as a privater tour guide?

9 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • paddyhome's Profile Photo

Homestay in Dong Truc village

Hanoi Aug 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM

We would like to take 2 Days 1 nights included half day Hanoi city tour combine with homestay in Dong Truc village, it's location is just about 30 km northwest of Hanoi, the itinerary indicated that spend half day Hanoi city tour then half day cycling around village and host by local family, second day continue to perfume pagoda then return to Hanoi. that trip operate by Asia Tourism Holiday. Are there anyone have been taken that before, i would like to be advise before to decide to go with them, because it sound really off tourist beaten track travel style.

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    • Lenguyen's Profile Photo

travel in Vietnam

Hanoi Aug 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM

i will travel from hanoi to hochiminh and some province in sud at october , but i'm alone.Tell me if anyone wants to go with me? thank for watching:)

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    • duenge fever and malaria in vietnam sept 15 thru Sept 30 2013

Hanoi Aug 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM

should we re consider going to vietnam I have a heart condition and take coumadin which is effeced by the malaria medicine
      the paper says that there is an epede size outbreak of the Duenge fever in Hanoi
      should we go

11 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    • froife8's Profile Photo

Hanoi,Vietnam to Vientiane,Laos

Hanoi Jul 29, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hi,may I please ask some tips travelling from Hanoi,Vietnam to Vientiane,Laos.What are the choices modes of transport and which is the best?I'm travelling mid September this year,is the weather fine for land transport?I am looking forward to hear from you.Thank you!

7 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    • Budget hotel

Hanoi Jul 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Need advice. Be traveling to HANOI IN FEW MORE DAYS.

I NEED A BUDGET HOSTEL THAT IS GOOD FOR A FAMILY OF 3. -triple bed. Clean, safe and good one.

9 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM