Thompson Travel Answers

change location
glenn57's Profile Photo

Thompson, North Dakota

by glenn57 Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 4:48 PM

An odd thing happened last night - I dreamt all night about a place called Thompson, North Dakota. When I woke up, I went to an atlas to find out if there really is such a place, and yes, there is ! I must have absorbed something about it in my subconscience somehow. Can anyone tell me if Thompson North Dakota has some significance in history, or in some other way ?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • rmdw's Profile Photo

Re: Thompson, North Dakota

by rmdw Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Glenn,

Okay, I have to admit something strange but maybe it'll prompt others to share similar stories. The weird thing is that it seems to have a connection with you, someone I've never met nor even corresponded with before.

In the fall of 1993 I was staying with friends in Toronto (a bit east of Yonge Street and just a little bit south Hwy 401). I had a very vivid dream about the number 57. I kid you not. I had no idea what it meant but then it happened again! I got this idea to consult a road atlas.

The only Hwy 57 I could find at the time (I've since found others) started in Chicago and ran south, I believe to Memphis.

Believe it or not, this is what prompted me to first visit Chicago in Feb. 1994. I actually did drive Hwy 57, truly expecting to find something - what, I'm not sure. I found nothing in particular on that trip, though something that happened in Chicago indirectly lead to me moving to Chicago in Dec. 1995 and then down to Mexico City in May 1996.

Perhaps hocus pocus, perhaps a vivid imagination. But I'd recommend you make the trip to Thompson. It'll likely be a good experience.

I trust you also know of Thompson, Manitoba? It has a big Inco presence there, just like Sudbury 400km north of you does.

Not nuts, just being honest

Robert

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • glenn57's Profile Photo

by glenn57 Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I do know of Thompson, Manitoba of course, but in my dream, I met a woman from Thompson North Dakota, and she even showed it to me on a map.

Is it such a coincidence though that a glenn57 wrote this note in 2006, when your dream about 57 was in 1994 (or earlier) ? What was it that led you to move to Chicago and then Mexico City, by the way ? I just got back from Mexico City last week actually - I really enjoyed it - it was my first time in "DF", as they say.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

by rmdw Online Now Mar 30, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Glenn,

Thanks for sharing about Hwy 57 leading into Mexico City. Maybe I'm reaching, but it explains a lot.

I moved from Vancouver to Chicago to head up the I.T. dept. of an advertising firm. 6 months later they moved their operations down to Mexico City.

Robert

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines