Thiruvananthapuram

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to go from Kerala to Goa ?

by Rishabh.Oberoi Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM

How to go from Kerala to Goa by bus or train on 30th Dec the peak time of the year

11 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Long stay visitor Kovalam

by aletaj. Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I would love to know the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment for 3 months (Nov. > Feb. 2014 ) in Kovalam, Kerala. Searching on internet appears to only produce the luxury and expensive accommodation that are not within my budget.
      All suggestions are very much appreciated.
      Thank you...

7 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • VipinSagar's Profile Photo

kaimals dosa kada

by VipinSagar Online Now May 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

i would like to know the exact location of kaimals dosa kada

4 Answers May 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    • cilsley's Profile Photo

The Napier Museum

by cilsley Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I will be visiting Trivandrum this July and would like to photograph the white Buddha in the Napier Museum. Cameras are forbidden and I have been unable to find an email address for the director.
      Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

6 Answers Nov 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    • Economic Hotels

by pawali Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Looking for clean and nice but not lux hotels for 6 pax. Is there any bus service from Thiruvendram to Madurai. What is the fare would be.

3 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • portlanddave's Profile Photo

**Help Renting a Furnished Apartment near Trivandrum**

by portlanddave Online Now Aug 31, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hello travelers,

My wife and myself arrive in Trivandrum on September 4th, 2009. After jet lag is over :) we will be searching for a furnished apartment to rent for 2-4 months. ANY, and I mean Any comments, tips, or general help you can offer would be much appreciated, and I thank you in advance for your time. Happy travels to you all,

Sincerely,

Dave and Leela from Portland, Oregon, USA

2 Answers Nov 6, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • Visiting Thiruvananthapuram

by ohdannyboy27 Online Now May 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I am visiting Thiruvananthapuram for one week from Monday next, and I would like to know what night life there is there to attend.

Ideally I would like to visit Clubs, Pubs to hear Music and perhaps even meet some people, particularly the Ladies

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Regards

Daniel

1 Answer May 23, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

which is a good five star hotel in thiruvananthapuram with gym facilities

by vpas Online Now Mar 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM

could someone recommend a good five star hotel in thiruvananthapuram having a good health club/gym facilities.
      also where to find shantigiri ayurvedic products and good quality banana chips,tender mango pickle and other such products in thiruvananthapuram.any other ideas for shopping would be welcome!
      thanks

3 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 1:59 AM
    • Elephant sanctury near Kovalem

by johnfreda Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Visiting Kovalem in March and would like to visit place where you can see and help with washing of Elephants,can anyone suggest villages where this takes place

4 Answers May 1, 2009 at 5:35 AM
    • trivandrum airport taxi

by johnfreda Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Arriving from UK soon,where do you book the fixed price taxi at the airport

3 Answers Feb 15, 2009 at 12:29 AM
    • Thiruvananthapuram to muhamma jetty

by musaphir Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 5:16 AM

hi
      can you please advise what is the best means of transportation from thiruvanathapuram to muhamma jetty near cherthala with timings, if possible.
      regards
      musaphir

• Help! Trying to find (what looks like) brass/pewter indoor plant pots

by xtielee Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Hi,
      I am new to the city and I am trying to find those huge indoor plant pots that look like pewter/brass/copper. Does anyone have any idea where I can locate them or indeed any other good quality indoor plant pots?
      Many many thanks
      Christie

1 Answer Mar 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Thiruvananthapuram to Ooty

by hshifan Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I want to go to Ooty from Thiruvananthapuram, I want to fly to Thiruvananthapuram by 10th Feb 2008 (Sunday) and my flight will land by 17:40 pm. I want to catch an Express Bus to Ooty the same day. Can someone guide me through.......?

6 Answers Apr 11, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    • Trivandrum to Periyar

by DebBowers Online Now Nov 20, 2007 at 2:39 AM

What is the best way to get to the Periyar nature reserve from Trivandrum (or Kovalam)time it takes and approx cost. If it is too far to make a day trip can anyone recommend a decent mid-price hotel nearby. Many thanks.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • Travel time from Kovalam Bch hotel to TRV airport

by Wheel_Spanner Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 2:41 AM

What is the latest time I can leave the hotel in Kovalam beach area, to catch a domestic flight leaving Trivandrum airport at 12.15 p.m.?
      Leaving 10.45 by taxi be ok?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 6:54 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

accomodation please

by doofus Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Hi,
      My wife and I, both 60ish, want to spend about 3 to 4 weeks in Kerala next February. We will arrange our own flights to Trivandrum. We would like a nice clean, cheapish place to base ourselves. We can then try to arrange our own excursions etc. Package tours seem so so expensive.

Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated so that we can start to plan etc.

cheers, pete

7 Answers Aug 15, 2007 at 7:11 AM
    • bruce

by bruce007j Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Hello,
      I need to know if there is any official website of the Ambrosia bakery. Plz.

1 Answer Jul 4, 2007 at 3:46 AM
    • rox-san's Profile Photo

35 mm film

by rox-san Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 7:52 PM

For the avid photographers out there: do you suggest bringing in some rolls with me or is it roughly the same price over there? Thanks :O)

2 Answers Mar 15, 2007 at 6:00 PM

First time in India

by rox-san Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Thank you so much for your input. Last night I discovered the Thorn Tree forum from Lonely Planet and came across loads of antimalarials questions. Until I came across some upsetting news about this girl Kinga who hitchhicked her way to Africa from Poland and died of cerebral malaria in Ghana. Check out her website http://www.kingafreespirit.pl/kingaen/, it's IMPRESSIVE, beautiful and heartbreaking. So thank you guys, I will take my pills. Now the question is, which one? The side effects of Lariam (sp?) are absolutely frightening but the once a week thing is appealing. Anyone taking it? My other options are Malarone, Doxycycline and maybe Primaquine? Any recommandation? I'm calling my travel clinic today but as you can guess they didn't do a great job at recommanding me taking the drug in the first place... Thanks again for your replies :o)

10 Answers Mar 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM

First time in India

by rox-san Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM

And first time on virtual tourist too. I'm three weeks away from landing in Thiruvananthapuram and I need to know the thruth about mosquitoes! I know it sounds silly but friends & doctors really bug me with the malaria pill when I'm really trying to stay clear of medication. However, I intend to compensate by thoroughfully using the DEET repellent as well as the permethrin spray on my clothes. (If you guys really think its necessary b/c when I asked one of the local men he kind of chuckled and said not to worry about mosquitoes & malaria...). Is there anything I should know about possible medical/health issues? I supposed I can't escape from travellers diarrhea but is it really necessary to bring antibiotics for that purpose? I mean how bad can it be!? Sorry, I had to ask... Also, are iodine tablets necessary or I can just buy bottled water?
      From reading VT's postings I gathered the "dress code" for women should be pretty subtle, long-sleeved t-shirts, pants, longs skirts/dresses, avoid sleeveless and jeans and shorts. That's sounds pretty good... As for money (being from Europe I totally lost sense of foreign currencies so forgive me), should I get travellers checks here before I leave (USD or rupee?) and bring a small amount of cash (USD) to change over there? Best to bring my CC also just in case, right? Well that's it for now but I may have more questions later. Thank you so much for your help and don't hesitate to throw any advice or tip for an indian first-timer. Cheers, ROX-SAN

5 Answers Mar 9, 2007 at 11:21 AM
    • Anjan123's Profile Photo

Trv to kovalam

by Anjan123 Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 8:09 PM

Hi !

We are arriving early morning by rajdhani train at trivandrum .

1. How to go to Kovalam & how much a taxi / auto rickshaw will cost.

2. Are taxis / autos available easily at Kovalam in the early morning say 5 - 530 am. We need to go to trivandrum to catch a 630 train.

3. Has anyone stayed in Hotel Rajas at Kovalam and how is it

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

Regards, Anjan

2 Answers Jan 24, 2007 at 2:55 AM
    • trivandarum to kovalum

by iamdrrahul Online Now Jan 19, 2007 at 1:09 AM

How much would it cost for a taxi from the airport to kovalum?

Can anyone recommend good clean hotel by the see for around 1500 rupees in By the beach in kovalum???

How to get from kovalum to kanyakumari?

Can anyone recommend good clean hotel by the see for around 1500 rupees by the beach in kanyakemari, ???

How to get from kanyakumari to kollam?

I know its a lot, but your sincere answers are welcomed. Thank You

1 Answer Jan 19, 2007 at 7:24 AM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

Inexpensive hotel in Trivandrum and things to do?

by AcornMan Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 8:24 AM

I plan to spend one or two nights in Trivandrum on my way to or from Kanyakumari in late July or early August. Can someone recommend an inexpensive hotel in Trivandrum that is clean and safe and has air conditioning? We will probably have about 10-14 people in our group. Also, what kinds of things are there to do in and around Trivandrum? Thank you.

2 Answers May 23, 2007 at 11:43 PM
    • Prepaid Taxi

by crr1210 Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Hello -

I am planning to fly into Trivandrum in the wee hours and I have to hire a taxi to get to Nagercoil.

I see that there is a prepaid taxi service at the airport. SInce I will be arriving there at 3am not sure if the counter will be open.

Also any idea as to how much the ride will be.

ANy one can share their experience or information? Thanks in advance

1 Answer Oct 29, 2006 at 1:11 AM
    • Living in Kerala?

by babypud Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 7:38 AM

Hi Folks
      We are new to this forum, have tried to join other forums but have lost the plot somewhere. Anyway for my question, My husband and I are thinking of selling up and moving to Kerala, we know we wont be the first so are there any ex-pats with advice on buying a house. We will not be looking for jobs as our income will be transferd from the U.K.. Also which areas would you recommed as we dont want to be to far from the beach. We will be looking to make friends so the more replies the merrier.

Cathie & John Holden
      (scouse & tart)

15 Answers May 2, 2007 at 7:22 PM
    • Living in Kerala?

by babypud Online Now Mar 26, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Hi Folks
      We are new to this forum, have tried to join other forums but have lost the plot somewhere. Anyway for my question, My husband and I are thinking of selling up and moving to Kerala, we know we wont be the first so are there any ex-pats with advice on buying a house. We will not be looking for jobs as our income will be transferd from the U.K.. Also which areas would you recommed as we dont want to be to far from the beach. We will be looking to make friends so the more replies the merrier.

Cathie & John Holden
      (scouse & tart)

3 Answers Dec 8, 2006 at 12:27 AM
    • family accomodation in trivandrum

by fonn Online Now Jan 3, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Can anyone recommend some families in trivandrum who take in paying guests?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2006 at 2:05 AM
    • cupcandle's Profile Photo

Arat Festival in TVM

by cupcandle Online Now Oct 30, 2005 at 4:24 AM

Hi all!

Does anyone know on which date Arat Festival will take place this year in Trivandrum?
      Must be soon...

Thanks for info!

2 Answers Nov 1, 2005 at 6:31 AM
    • In Kerala tomorrow

by kapss Online Now Oct 26, 2005 at 8:08 PM

Hello Everybody,

Good Day.

I am a Software Engineer from Bombay; shall be flying tomorrow (28 Oct 2005) morning to Coimbatore.

This shall be my first trip to Kerala. I hope to be able to visit a few places (in around 4 days) before I reach my destination: a village in Vandazy (Palghat/Palakkad).

The places I have been contemplating so far are Munnar-Kollukumalai, Thekkady-Periyar and Aleppey (Alppuzha). (This is a very flexible list.)

As it has turned out, this shall be an extemporary jaunt; so I haven't planned much. Basically, I'll reach Coimbatore tomorrow and need to chart my way therefrom.

I am aware, this is little bit at the eleventh hour but I shall be hopeful of any suggestions (best mode of transport, places to visit etc. ) on the itinerary. If there is any traveller/resident, who is in the same neck of the woods, it might be a good idea to touch base. :)

Pleasant times,

Ta Taah

Kaps

• abbasathar's Profile Photo

Family trip to Trivandrum

by abbasathar Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 12:24 AM

I shall be in Trivandrum for a day or two in early November with my family. Could someone suggest a decent budget hotel and important sightseeing spots.
      We love beaches.

4 Answers Oct 13, 2005 at 9:55 PM