Thessaloniki

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

by frux Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

more
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

by Raine7u Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

more
    • vacuoso's Profile Photo

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

more
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

by team-mojito Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

more

Info on taxi to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hello all!

From the city center, Arch of Galerius to be exact, to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki bus station (7km south of center on highway 25):

1. Approximate cost of taxi ride? Is it charged on the meter or should I agree to a price before the ride?

2. Approximate length of time on a Thursday, around 12:00.

3. Is there a recommended taxi company to use? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! =) Ευχαριστώ!

-Angelo

more

Near Thessaloniki

• Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles

by frux Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Is anyone knows the best restaurant in Ano poli castles we will be near Moni Vlatadon for 3 days filming
      thanks

Ferries: 48hr rolling strikes still? Days of operation?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hoping to catch a ferry from Thessaloniki or Kavala to Lesvos on Sunday, April 13. From my calculations, that Sunday would be a day that the ferries DO run... But I wouldn't bet the price of a hostel stay for 2 on it! :) It is unmercifully difficult to find information about options and timetables, etc, even when one goes into the ferry office at the port of Thessaloniki, which I did--they said to call back on Friday but we caught a bus to Toroni instead. Trying to decide when to head back up...

Anybody have any insight into the murky depths that surround the ferry situation?

Many thanks in advance,

.A.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Info on taxi to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki?

by vacuoso Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hello all!

From the city center, Arch of Galerius to be exact, to K.T.E.L. Chalkidiki bus station (7km south of center on highway 25):

1. Approximate cost of taxi ride? Is it charged on the meter or should I agree to a price before the ride?

2. Approximate length of time on a Thursday, around 12:00.

3. Is there a recommended taxi company to use? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! =) Ευχαριστώ!

-Angelo

12 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • Rent a scooter in Thessaloniki?

by Raine7u Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Hi!!! Me and my friends are planing a 1-2 days stay in Thessaloniki, and we were thinking of renting scooters to trip in the city. Can you please recommend me a good place to rent and what the normal prices per day are?

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • Nice restaurants and bars for little money?

by team-mojito Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi!
      Me and my husband are going to Saloniki at the end of april. We both are students, so we can't spend so much money.
      Do you have some advice where we can go out to eat for a nice price? do you know some good and cheap restaurants and bars near the city center? Would be nice if you could help us! :)

2 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • How can i get from Prague to Vesec?

by LucyThess Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I want to come in Vesec and there are not flights from thessaloniki where i live,so i have to come in Prague first but i really dont know how i m gonna get in Vesec from Prague and how much it will cost! thank you in andvance!

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • Airport transfer

by alcando87 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Hello,

I am travelling to Leptokaria from Thessaloniki airport at 9pm on 29th July. What is the cheapest and quickest way of getting there? All signs seem to be pointing to a taxi, if so is it cheaper to pre-book a shuttle car or get a taxi when we get to the airport?

Cheers,

Alex

7 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Advice on areas around Saloniki with a connection to Alexander the Great

by Staara77 Online Now Jan 22, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Hello folks,

I will be travelling to Thessaloniki in early June and I'm very much interested in areas around this city that have a connection with Alexander the Great.
      I will be in Thessaloniki for four days-before heading up to FYROM for a few days.
      So far I have seen the option of going to Pella, Vergina and Aigai, and I wondered what were the best options to organise a visit to such places.

I am planning to spend a day and maybe a day and a half in Thessaloniki-the main reason for me going to Salokini is to visit areas connected to Alexander the Great.

Could somebody please tell me which of the areas I have mentioned are close to each other, or does some company organise a trip that covers all these areas in one day?
      Personally I would prefer to not rely too much on a fully guided tourist trip, I would prefer to be independent of a guided tour.

Could somebody please give me idea of how much a trip to the places I have mentioned cost-it's just that I am on some kind of budget, and would prefer to know how much money to put aside for these trips to the areas connected with Alexander the Great.
      Or are there any buses that go around these areas perhaps?

Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to hearing from you,

Regards S

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Transport from Macedonia Airport to Porto Palace Hotel

by sangshan Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Hi,
      I'm arriving at Thessaloniki airport on 4'th November at 6.00 pm. My question is what are the options of transport from airport to Hotel Porto Palace which is located in Port area?

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • Day tour from Thessaloniki

by sangshan Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to Thessaloniki from 5'th November to 8'Th November 2013. My husband is attending a conference there. Please suggest me places worth visit. I also want to know whether there are any conducted tours for nearby places,as I'll be travelling alone.
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • Second hand stores

by Eruiel Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Are there any nice second hand/vintage stores in Thessaloniki?

2 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • sandot's Profile Photo

Getting around Greece

by sandot Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Hi
      I'm planning a trip to Greece. I've never been before, but am looking for a holiday full of culture, but with some relaxing! I've been told Thessaloniki is beautiful,and plan to stay there, but is it possible/easy to get to Ithaca from there? I'll be there for a week. And it Athens the best airport to fly into, and if so, how long would it take to get to Thessaloniki from there.
      Thanks to you who take the time to advise!

4 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • information about bus hour

by Muhammadasim Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

pls can i know bus hours from thessaloniki to halkidiki

2 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    • lolo5's Profile Photo

naturist beach

by lolo5 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Helllo is there a naturist beach, savage or not, not too far from the city of Thessaloniki?TX!

5 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    • lolo5's Profile Photo

what to visit between Thessaloniki and Piraeus?

by lolo5 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

HELLO, we'll be driving from Thessa to Piraeus to board a ship in the evening, so we want to visit some interesting sites (ancient or not) on the way. Any ideeas?

3 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM
    • Car parking in Thessaloniki

by iliyana_17 Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Hello,
      IS there a free car parking inTjessalonik.We want to leave the car for 8 days.

4 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • nesilis34's Profile Photo

hotels

by nesilis34 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 1:23 AM

where will I stay at hotel?

5 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    • shopping in thessaloniki

by elizabetahristovska1 Online Now May 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

what shops are open on Monday,May 6th in Thessaloniki Greece?

1 Answer May 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

OTE tower

by MATALON Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM

We need essential information for a visitor , such as - is it worthy to visit the top in the evenings
      or to try to reach during the day light ? is it a site with details about the restaurant in the top ? prices ? menue ?
      what other activities we can have there in the evenings ?? and so one ( we are a group of 65 - 75 ) - thanks

3 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

Question title

by MATALON Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We are a small group of people about 65-70 years old that will be in Thessaloniki for a week in May .
      I would like to know about interesting places to visit around the city for a short daily excursion we will have our bus
      Thanks
      Matalon

10 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    • feza's Profile Photo

taverna

by feza Online Now Nov 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM

We will be in Thessaloniki next week.Could you recommend us a greek taverna with greek music and food.

Thank you.

1 Answer Nov 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    • Bus from Greece to Montenegro??

by tinkvoyage Online Now Sep 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I am considering all the options of Bus travel from Thessaloniki to ANY city in Montenegro, which I will be traveling in 5 days from now. After some research online, I'm concluding there is no direct route; meaning I need to stop in Macedonia (Skopje probably) and/or Albania (Tirana) to change buses.
      What's the best way to get to Montenegro? Take a bus to Tirana, Albania...and will it go directly to Tirana from Greece or are more changes required along the way?? And same question for buses going to Macedonia....is there a direct bus from, say, Skopje, Macedonia to Montenegro?
      Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!!

2 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    • One Day Pilgrimage from Kavala, Thessaloniki, to Kalambaka

by leocorpuz Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Hi! We are pilgrims trying to follow the footsteps of St. Paul. We will be on a tourist bus. Is this ok timewise? At 7 A.M. we leave Kavala to Thessaloniki. Two hours in Thessaloniki for a Holy Mass, quick lunch, and panoramic tour of the City just on the bus. Then to Veria for a short stop (about 30 min.). Then brief stop in Amphipolis (about 15. min.) Then on to Kalambaka where we plan to stay overnight. Is that workable? Really appreciate your help. Sincerely, Leo C.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    • Astar_H's Profile Photo

Buses to cities (Volos)

by Astar_H Online Now Jul 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I would like to ask, if it is possible to travel from Thessaloniki to Volos with a direct line.
      and how long approx. does the route take?

4 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    • Two daily trips from Thessalonki

by ahron15 Online Now Jul 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM

We shall have 2 extra days after being in the city 4 day

Any suggestions for 2 daily trips from the city by public transportation (bus or train)?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    • BUS FROM SKOPJE

by davy1982 Online Now May 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hiya,

i want to know if the bus from Skopje operated by Makedonija Soobrakaj arrives at the Ktel intercity bus station or not?

• travel from thelassaloniki-tirana

by ada.r Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 5:50 AM

hi,i have to tarvel from thessaloniki to tirana..can you help me with the departures time..and i need the departures time from tirana to thelassaloniki...help meee please that i came from rome to thelassaloniki...

4 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    • Jasonconga's Profile Photo

Airport to Florina?

by Jasonconga Online Now Feb 5, 2012 at 2:57 AM

hey guys,
      I arrive in Thessaonoliki at 2:15pm on a Saturday in February and would like to get to Florina in order to arrange a taxi to bring me to Bitola. What are my best possibilities to get to Florina as quickly as possible. Price is not the most important aspect but is certainly an issue.

thanks!

3 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    • olakala's Profile Photo

Ote tower restourant

by olakala Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Hello everybody ! I will spend New Year in Thessaloniki, and I want to go in Ote tower restourant. So I would be very thaknfull to someone to tell me immpresions about that place, it will be my first time to go there...

Thanks in advance, greetings ! ;)

• lolo5's Profile Photo

henna tatoos and new restaurants in thessaloniki

by lolo5 Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM

hello my question has two directions concerning my next stay in Thessa: first: do you know of any place or person who does temporary henna tatoos?second: which are the new funky restaurants that do not imply heavyyyyyyy and extremely ellaborate food, but more like funky vegetarian or new cuisine without extreme pretentious attitudes? Many thanks!

1 Answer Nov 2, 2011 at 5:33 AM