Thebes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hurghada Snorkelling at beach

Egypt Jan 30, 2016 at 4:17 AM

Does anyone know whether the Sunrise holidays resort or Sentido Mamlouk Palace resorts have any reef accessible from the beach

more
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Only 2 months left on my passport and the requirement is 6, leaving tomorrow!!

Cairo 7 hours ago

I am arriving in Cairo tomorrow at eight in the evening if all goes well, but in my stress I didn't realise that my passport is only valid until April and the requirement for entry is 6 months. Does anyone have any experience with such things?? Will I be even let on the plane? Any hints?? I am desperate!
      Thanks in advance!!

Maya

more
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Hurghada and Mosquitoes

Egypt Jan 31, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Hi, off to Hurghada in March - just wondering if mosquitoes are generally a problem in the resort areas (I've been to Alexandria/Cairo/Karnak and up the Nile, and they were there).  Will be taking repellant anyway but my son is a magnet for them so trying to find out in advance what we'll be up against!!  Thanks.

more
    • Sharm El Sheikh holiday 2016

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hey just wondering if anyone knows when flights will resume to Sharm airport? As me and my boyfriend want to book to go to the resort in May, We have heard rumours that flights will resume sometime in March, But are unsure if we should book now or wait until we know a date for definite, finding it very hard to get any info from anyone!!..We really want to go back this summer, so if anyone can help us that would be great.

more
    • Safety at Sharm El-sheikh now ?

Egypt Jan 21, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Hi I suppose to travel to Sharm El-sheikh on the 13th of February, just wondering if anyone is at that resort or have been can shear they experience and thought about it. Did you feel safe?

Thank you

more
    • How much is a current visa at Hurghada airport

Hurghada Jan 20, 2016 at 2:58 AM

How much is a current visa at Hurghada airport - January 2016

more
    • No Question Title

Egypt Jan 13, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Hi we are do to go on a Nile Cruise, followed by 3 Days in Giza & 4 Days in Hurghada in March, but we are a little concerned, due to the two recent attacks. I know nowhere is completely safe, but can anyone reassure us & would we be hasty in cancelling now.

more
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Current situation

Hurghada Jan 9, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Hi is anyone out in Hurghada now or has been recently - just wondering what the current situation in with regard to security at hotels/airport. Does it feel safe? We're due to go in March but after the attack on tourists at Bella Vista hotel yesterday we are slightly concerned. I know nowhere is 100% but would appreciate any feed back on how people are finding it out there at the moment. Thanks

more
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Only 2 months left on my passport and the requirement is 6, leaving tomorrow!!

Cairo 7 hours ago

I am arriving in Cairo tomorrow at eight in the evening if all goes well, but in my stress I didn't realise that my passport is only valid until April and the requirement for entry is 6 months. Does anyone have any experience with such things?? Will I be even let on the plane? Any hints?? I am desperate!
      Thanks in advance!!

Maya

more
    • How safe is it

Egypt Jan 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Hi we are going on a Nile Cruise, 3 days in Giza & 4 days in Hurghada in March, but we are a little concerned, due to the two recent attacks. I know nowhere is completely safe, but can anyone reassure us & would we be hasty in cancelling now.

more
    • MayaP's Profile Photo

Is Cairo a safe place to visit 2016

Cairo Feb 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM

We are going to Cairo in a few days and I just realized now that it is the fifth year anniversary of Arab-spring and I have read there may be a lot of demonstrations and perhaps some violence. I wonder, is it safe?

more
    • janvan's Profile Photo

First time in Egypt (Karnak)

by janvan Online Now Jan 15, 2005 at 2:30 PM

Hi all, This is the first time my wife and I are going to Egypt (Karnak). We read a lot of tips on this site. But I still have some questions. We would like to see the tumbs of the Nobles, how much time (usually) must we reserve for this visit (a whole day, half a day???). We also would like to go to Abydos, can anyone tell us what is the best way to get there (boat, train, taxi, bus????). Last, but certainly not least, the "baksheesh", how much should we give for, let's say, a boy calling a taxi for us, or someone that helps us find our way, things like that???? We are leaving on February the 17th, so please, give us as much answers as possible. All tips are welcome. Thank you! Jan

3 Answers Jan 16, 2005 at 6:27 AM