The Hague

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

more
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

more
    • cost effective transportation from AMS to Keukenhof?

Keukenhof Apr 7, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi, I see the cost on viator for the Keukenhof is much more than the price of admission. Is there a more cost effective way to transport from the city of AMS to the flower show? It shows tickets are pretty low (15) but the transportation via viator is around $64.THANKS!

more
    • sunshine in April

by rcbarb2 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM

About how long is the sun up. Times if you please.

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • directions from centraal station to peace palace

by ddan4th Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

what is the route and best way to get from central station to the peace palace? I am assuming by tram or bus, but do not know which one to look for when I come out of the
      station, or if I need to transfer.
      thanks.

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • INDIAN RESTAURENT

by rameshapatel1945 Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

IS THERE ANY INDIAN RESTAURENT IN THE HAUGE?

4 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    • Children in The Hague

by ntle1972 Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I am travelling to The Hague with my two year old son in December. Any suggestions ?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • Moving to The Hague

by Emma_TheHague Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I am moving to The Hague in June. I have tried to find information online but I find them a bit confusing. Some seem just very old. Then I decided to look for a recent guidebook on the Hague because I thought that maybe it was worth spending a little bit of money to have uptodate information since I am going to spend there at least 6 month (I am moving there for an internship at the ICC (btw anyone else is going there in the same period?).
      But I had not luck. I have found only guidebooks either on Amsterdam or to the Nethterlands in general (which according to the index it has only 6/7 pages at most). Is it possible that there is not guidebook specific to The Hague yet? Or it is just me that can't find it?
      Any info on the subject and from people moving to The Hague is appreciated.
      Chris

6 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    • OIMaree

by OIMaree Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

How Can I get to the Hague by train from Schiphole and back?, and how much it costs?.Thanks

4 Answers Aug 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    • Scheveningen

by joanamopa Online Now Jun 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hi!

We have only half a day to visit The Hague but we want to see Scheveningen area, just to have a look.We know it is not enough time to enjoy the beach but is a curiosity.

We have seen Tram No.1 goes from the center to Scheveningen. Which kind of ticket would be the cheapest one for doing this route and see the area during a very short time (20 min approx) and come back? Price?

Thanks a lot.

2 Answers Jun 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    • dila's Profile Photo

29 june tram/bus/metro strike in Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam

by dila Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Just a small warning on june 29th there will be almost no public transport (trams, busses and metro)in Amsterdam,The Hague and Rotterdam.
      They will stop after the morning peak (or only drive the morning peak not sure about this)
      and then they only will drive the evening peak. Thats the news now not sure if this change.
      Trains with go.

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • loyarr's Profile Photo

Train from Hoek van Holland to Amsterdam via The Hague

by loyarr Online Now May 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi all..just need to confirm whether it is possible for me to buy my train ticket from Hoek van Holland to Amsterdam and then break my journey at The Hague for a few hours before resuming my journey to Amsterdam using the same ticket?

Thanks for any information.

2 Answers May 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    • rickd11's Profile Photo

Passing thru on our way from Amsterdam to Brugge.

by rickd11 Online Now Feb 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

What is the must one thing to see.

Thanks, Rick

8 Answers Feb 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    • dila's Profile Photo

Public transport strike The Hague (Amsterdam Rotterdam half februari trains dont strike

by dila Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 7:44 AM

dutch link
      anwb.nl/verkeer/nieuws-en-ti...

Probably there will be a strike 14, 15 and 16th februari amsterdam rotterdam the hague.
      This is not 100% sure yet.
      Trains will drive as it is the companies GVB,RET and HTM who will strike.
      What will happen if you want a taxi they will charge you much more money or wont even drive short rides (this is not aloud but i even hear it when there is no strike)
      So try to find out how you get close as possible with trains and print out how to walk just in case

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • Train ticket from Eindhoven to Den Haag

by RVieira Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 4:22 AM

Hello.
      I'm planning to go from the Eindhoven Centraal to the Den Haag Centraal on a sunday (6th February). I was searching for the train ticket price and I found a site that said a discount fare ticket was 28€. Is that true? Is there a cheapest way to go from Eindhoven to Den Haag? I think 28€ is just to much.

Thank you :)

10 Answers Dec 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Something to do on evening of Sat 8th Jan!

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Dec 20, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Hi,
      I'm going to be in the Hague on Saturday 8th Jan with my 14 year old son and we're staying in Delft for the night. Does anybody know of somewhere good to take him for an evening's entertainment on that date in The Haague or Delft or somewhere nearby...he's into sporting events or music....any ideas?..Our original trip was to go see a football match but that got stuffed (twice!) by the recent bad weather, this is the only date I can do now.
      Regards
      Johnny

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Weather Reporter Needed!

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning a weekend road trip on Saturday 4th Dec from Calais to Eindhoven, then Eindhoven to The Hague on Sunday 5th Dec then back to Calais in the evening. The long range weather forecast for the Netherlands doesn't look good (heavy snow on that route expected on Thursday 2nd Dec!)...Could somebody post me replies on thurs (2nd Dec) and Friday (3rd Dec) as to what the weather is like in the Netherlands...so I can make a decision about cancelling. Many thanks.

3 Answers Dec 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    • advice to stay in Hague or Rotterdam

by sanjay0deva Online Now Sep 26, 2010 at 5:15 AM

Which is a better & lower cost place to stay The Hague or Rotterdam in order to see around those places, prefer b&b as we are a fmly of 4 ,want help in getting to see the places as we stay there for 3 days

4 Answers Sep 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    • bonio's Profile Photo

World Cup

by bonio Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 3:42 AM

I'm in The Hague next weekend and with the Dutch team still in the World Cup will there be any outdoor events showing the game (hopefully the final) on big screen anywhere in the city?
      I've looked on the VVV website but can't find anything.
      Thanks for any info!

2 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    • Z.O.Buitensingel naast de Kerk en het Hospice Wallon

by loesk123 Online Now May 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Wat is daar voor in de plaats gekomen nadat ze afgebroken zijn en ook tegenover het Hospice waar wij s'avonds vanuit ons bed op onze tenen alle mooie gewaden van de bezoekers konden bekijken en commentaar geven.
      Inwoner en grootvaders familie van het Hospice Wallon, data: 1882-1900, 1950-1952.
      Loes Veuger

3 Answers May 3, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    • hans brinker'd duim in de dijk,

by loesk123 Online Now May 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Het verhaal van Hans Brinkers hoort bij Amsterdam en de zilveren schaatsen.
      Het kleine jongetje dat zijn vinger in de dijk stak om vloed te voorkomen is puur idealogie en voor zover ik weet was dat biesbos in 1421 tijdens de
      St. Elizabeth vloed. Ik hoor vaak vragen hier in Amerika hoe dat kan. Wij hebben hier zoveel vloeden de laatste jaren en veel ervoor over 250 jaar bestaan, dat niemand hier begrijpt dat het wel in Nederland kan, maar niet hier!
      Waarom is dat gecombineerd in Madurodam?
      Loes Veuger

9 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    • Visiting from Amsterdam

by leekayhwee Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM

What bus to take from Amsterdam to Hague, and how long does it takes ?

I read about Railway from Amsterdam Centraal to Schipo to Leiden to Den Haag station.
      Is this a better way to get to Hague ?
      But I am lost how to get to places like Parliament Houses, and the Binnenhof.
      I can't find the tram services route ?

I saw tram 9 being mention by Madurodam website to takefrom Den Haag (I suppose it is referring to Den Haag centraal).

And I am interest to go to visit Delftse Pauw for pottery.
      how do I get to there after visiting Hague and Madurodam ?
      Do I need to take a railway train from Den Haag to Delft Station? I saw a traveller recommending to take tram#1 from Centrum in direction of Den Haag. So do I need to take a railway from Den Haag to Delft station before taking another tram to Centrum ? I could not have detail route for tram#1 serving Den Haag station.

Would be of great help if I can get some advice.

9 Answers Mar 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    • Weekly passes

by glenisceinwen Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hi

Hope this question hasn't been asked before. We are coming to Den Hague for 6 days in April, and remember in the past we had a pass that allowed us unlimited travel on the trams, and maybe buses. (It was a long time ago). We had a photo card at the time. Is this pass still available please, or anything else similar.

Thanks for your help.
      Glenis

1 Answer Feb 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    • Scheveningen

by Pranzolo Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Hello everyone, I'll be going to work in The Hague, where I've taken a room for rent in Scheveningen. It's quite close to my office, but I'm worried it's a bit too far from the city center, and I have had bad experiences living in the suburbs in nordic cities (boooooring).
      Is it a lively place? Is there people having a walk on the street in Scheveningen, or is it a ghost city? What about the nightlife there? And what about shops, groceries, stores, and trasportation to downtown?
      Thanks in advance for any advice!

5 Answers May 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    • cycle in den haag

by Bertrandeti Online Now Aug 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I come from Paris, and will stay for a few days in den haag.
      I would like to buy a second hand cycle during my stay in this city.
      Do you know a good store selling second hand cycles?
      thanks a lot for your help
      Bertrand

2 Answers Aug 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    • saschia's Profile Photo

biking through and to The Hague Stations

by saschia Online Now May 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM

hello,

im busy figuring out how to bike between Den Haag Centraal Station and Den Haag HS. I live in the Valkenboskwartier and I also wanna figure out how to bike to Den Haag HS from my place, cause i always bike to Central Station. Does anyone know whats the best, easiest way from my place and between the two stations?
      thanx!

1 Answer May 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    • irisbe's Profile Photo

The Hague and Scheveningen this very Monday!

by irisbe Online Now May 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Dear friends,

Scheveningen:
      I am invited to join our Erasmus students for a visit in The Hague this upcoming Monday.
      During lunch time (12:00-14:00 approx) we are going to Scheveningen.
      If the weather would be nice I could have taken my picknick but I wonder... so does anyone knows where there is affordable but nice place where I could take a light lunch or snack and a drink if needed?

The Hague.
      After finishing our program around 17u00 a 17u30, we still have two free hours to run around in The Hague before returning.
      If you like we could meet up for a drink or snack, or if you could give me advice where to go or what to see in few hours time... pls let me know !
      I probably won't be together with the students then, I might be together with a few accompaning colleagues.

Thanks already!

10 Answers May 17, 2009 at 3:47 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Dutch language courses

by Maykoopman Online Now Apr 3, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Has anyone attended Dutch lessons at an university /intensive or Summer courses?
      What about the teaching quality and finding accomodation?
      My relatives live in Nijmegen but apparently there are no intensive courses, so I need to find accomodation.
      Thank you,.

5 Answers Apr 4, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    • Looking for a puppy

by puppylover2 Online Now Mar 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Hi, I just moved into Den Haag and I dont know any Dutch. I wanted to buy a little puppy. I was wondering if there are any pet shops in the hague. What are the price range for the dogs? I need a little puppy preferably who stay small :)..like little westland terriers and japanese spitz.
      Can somebody mention a couple of pet shops in the hague?
      Thankyou :)

12 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

swimming pool and sauna in the hague, delft area

by Maykoopman Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Does anyone know about a public pool with sauna in the Hague, Delft, Utrecht which is open on Sunday?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Museums card THe Hague

by Maykoopman Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Hi, does anyone know which museums in den Haag sell the Museumscard? I cannot order online as I do not live in Nederland.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Mar 22, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Transportation system or ticket system

by Maykoopman Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Can someone explain to me about the stripkarts for the transport system. I am thinking what would be the best for a 4 day stay. A weekly star card (but with how many stars) I will travel from den haag to delft and return also scheveningen.How many zones would that be or which card do you recommend? a weekly for 12.-- or just a strip card? I could not work it out from their site. seems a pot full of misteries!!tks

2 Answers Mar 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    • shigehiro's Profile Photo

How to go from Holland Spoor station to Centraal station?

by shigehiro Online Now Sep 29, 2008 at 4:57 AM

Hi,

As I am going to stay around Holland Spoor station area, but I heard that the main attractions in Den Haag are mainly in Centraal station, therefore could anyone enlighten of how to get from Spoor station area to Centraal station?
      I tried out 'http://www.9292ov.nl/' but is not much helpful as everything is in Dutch..

Any recommendation on attraction places to visit?

thanks for replies.

12 Answers Oct 5, 2008 at 2:14 AM