change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ArticleJ's Profile Photo

travellers to the Gambia in 2014 and 2015

The Gambia Yesterday

Hello everyone on VT.Is there any from the world who is coming to the Gambia within the period of 2014 and 2015.Please if you are coming to the Gambia you can contact me on my profile articlejallow,i will tell you more about the Gambia

• Internet and mobile supply

The Gambia Jul 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM

How is the Internet supply in Gambia? Are there any areas where there is no internet or mobile?

1 Answer Yesterday
    • oasis apartments,kollili

The Gambia Mar 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM

i cannot seem to get much info on oasis apartments,has anyone stayed there,is security good, do they have safe in room,has kitchen ,plates ,cups,glasses etc any info would help,thanks

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • airport charges.

The Gambia Feb 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM

i have booked flights with thomas cook to banjul (accommodation booked seperately) in march 2014. when we land at banjul,what is required from airport authorities re-visa,fees etc. thanks

9 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • can i operate a "bush taxi" in the gambia

The Gambia Feb 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM

could i buy a van in the gambia "bush taxi" and have a gambian driver to drive it, would i open a bank account in the gambia so that the driver could pay the profit after expenses from the operation of the van into that bank account, and could the money then be transferred to my bank account in britain ?

11 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Some questions for our first trip to the Gambia.

The Gambia Jan 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and me are visiting the Gambia from the 17th of february.
      we are both 23years old, and have never visited the Gambia before
      We are staying in the Laico atlantic hotel in banjul.

But I still have some questions.
      For instance, we have booked half board, and I was wondering what the prices in the hotels were for a beer or cocktail, and also the prices out in town? So I can roughly calculate how much money to bring.

Is it it safe to stay out late in Banjul? Or is it wise to be back in our hotel before dark..

Is it possible to collect money or pay with mastercard?

Can we trust hotel staff not to break in our lockers?

How much do taxi's from Banjul to Kololi or Bakau cost?

Any tips on what we surely have to see, or cant miss out on?

We are really looking forward to our stay in Gambia, but are still a bit anxious since it's our first trip to africa.

Many thanks in advance!
      Greetings,
      Hannes&Sofie

8 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM
    • traveling alone (female) and things to do....

The Gambia Jan 24, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I want to visit Gambia (spur of the moment) and will be on my own. I'm looking for an inexpensive, charismatic place to stay on a beach (or near) location with opportunities to travel around a bit and get involved with the culture and some wildlife. I've traveled to many places across Africa before but never to The Gambia and would appreciate some advise.
      Sara

9 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • After Dark

Kololi Jan 19, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Is it safe to walk around Banjul in the evening?

Thanks

4 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    • Gedthedoor's Profile Photo

canoe trip up river

The Gambia Jan 6, 2014 at 8:27 AM

hi guys, I am off to gambia in three weeks and am planning on doing a canoe trip on the river to photograph some of the wildlife that lives in and on the banks of the river, so I was wandering if anyone could help me with any information on the cost and who to book the trip with. thanks.

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • IanC61's Profile Photo

budget ,samantha and cookie in our 40s

Kotu Dec 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

we are traveling to the gambia kotu in dec 2013 we love food , and yes ....me cookie loves a good drink whilst visiting foreign parts, whats a good daily budget per person

thanks

cookie

• Gedthedoor's Profile Photo

cost of guides

The Gambia Dec 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

hi. I am traveling to gambia in January and I plan on hiring a guide for the week to show me around. I wonder if someone could tell me how much I should pay for a guide per day and if anyone knows a good honest trustworthy guide whom I could contact when I arrive. thankyou for your time.

6 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    • how much money should we take for a week?

The Gambia Nov 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Me and my g/f are going to kotu for a week on tuesday.discounting tours how much spending money for food (alcohol) and few gifts etc? kindly obliged

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    • where is bamboo hotel in kololi

Kololi Nov 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

where is bamboo hotel in kololi

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Is anyone Traveling to the Gambia year 2013/2014?

The Gambia Oct 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hello dear i am just new in this Forum and here to share knowledge about traveling and tourism and in same time make friend from around the world. i am asking if there is anyone that is planning to Travel and tour to the Gambia smiling coast of Africa?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Currency exchange

The Gambia Oct 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Hi, my husband and I are off to Gambia soon, we wondered if anyone could advise us on whether to exchange our currency here in the UK or when we arrive in Gambia? Thanks

3 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    • How safe is Gambia

The Gambia Sep 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Is it really safe to holiday in Gambia, I have been offered a holiday but really don't know what to expect. part of me is excited but the other half terrified. I know there are dangers everywhere but Africa seems a bit more scary.

7 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    • Inoculations

The Gambia Aug 12, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Hi

Me and my girlfriend have recently booked a last minute holiday to Gambia (leaving in 4 weeks) and have found out that we need inoculations to go. I am fully aware of the injections i need however was wondering if i can get all of these injections in the same day?

2 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • November or February / Place?

The Gambia Jul 1, 2013 at 4:27 AM

We have the option of either mid Nov or mid Feb for a 10 day holiday. Which is the better month to go as far as weather and mozzies are concerned in The Gambia. We are thinking of The Palm beach hotel in Kotu, we like simple but clean. We are a couple 50 years old, like quiet and beach during day, but want to go to bars/ restaurants in the evening. It's our first time to The Gambia, but well travelled, been to Goa, Egypt amongst lots of other places. Any advice / suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

6 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • First Timers

Kololi Jun 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hello, me and my girlfriend have booked to go to Kololi for new year, staying at the Palma Rima hotel, we are a little uncertain what to do about money exchange as we have been advised you can not exchange in the UK, we are really looking forward to our visit as it is not your usual package holiday. Is there a higher risk of being bitten by mosquito's in in late December early January? We have been advised using Deet and malarone, we do understand these are preventative measures, we are so looking forward to this holiday, maybe you could give us some recommendations of restaurants and places to visit...

8 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    • is it really worth going to gambia

The Gambia May 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

having booked my holiday and and checking many forums, im wondering if i did the right thing booking gambia.
      what sort of holiday am i going to have thinking about malaria, having to cover up at night,having to cover myself with deet during the day,staying in the room at sunset,not to mention maybe a need for a yellow fever jab,rabies?, bumsters !, so many places you can go without the need for this.
      can anyone tell me if they knew about all the precautions you have to take for gambia,before you booked and if so why are you going there and not somewhere else ?

6 Answers May 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    • NikaM3's Profile Photo

Question title

The Gambia Mar 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM

injections

4 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • MarkC86's Profile Photo

what food can i take into gambia

The Gambia Jan 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM

hi there my wife and i are travelling to gambia shortly for the first time, we are going bed and breakfast and would like to know if we could take cooked meats and dairy products with us. like a little snack at bed time x

1 Answer Jan 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    • grahamplaster's Profile Photo

Kololi

Kololi Oct 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Does anybody know of any safe deposit boxes outside of the hotels where i don't stay in Kololi, as i stay in rooms and had £650.00 stolen last year. I will be going again in December and would be gratefull for any feedback

9 Answers Dec 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    • 1 week itinerary gambia?

The Gambia Oct 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Anyone got some suggested itineraries for 1 week?

Wouldn't mind a couple of days at the beach, maybe a 2 night excursion up river for birding/hippos and then anything else that might get me out of the resort area for a bit to actually see the real country, not a beefed up resort part of it.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    • DavidJ93's Profile Photo

fishing

The Gambia Oct 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

i arrive in gambia on the13th of nov staying at hallin compound down for ishing if anyone wants to come and join me for days fishing peace an no bumpsters

1 Answer Oct 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    • I am planning my first trip to Gambia this christmas with my 20 year old daughter.

The Gambia Oct 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Does anyone have recommendations on a good resort and hotel. We are looking for a hotel by the beach which is also close to a town with some good restaurants and family run bars. Also interested in a few day trips out if you have any suggestions.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    • tourist tax

The Gambia Aug 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM

can anyone tell me please if it is a tourist tax or visa needed for Gambia now?
      Whichever, whats the cost per person now?
      do you fill in the visa in-flight or is it just pay on entry?
      this is for a family of 4 in December
      thanks for any info

2 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    • palma riva bungalows, kololi

The Gambia Aug 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM

4 years since we,ve been to Gambia and forgotten most of what we learned, so please bear with me!!.
      Going for xmas and new year to the above, this time with the kids, age 12 & 9.
      first off, any latest reviews on the palma riva, real ones not made up!!
      does anyone know what the fridge hire and a/c cost per week, also the cost of the safety deposit?
      wer,e fully inclusive but normally by the second week i like to look further afield for meals so any tips for restaurants, bars etc. mucho appreciated.
      is the run from the hotel to the beach as bad as other forums described, yes i know about the bumsters but the last time we were at the palm grove on banjul highway and it wasn,t to bad there.
      when do the schools break up for xmas hols? as we want the kids to see the difference between our cultures, they think the pics we took last time were off the internet! is it still the done thing to take pens, pencils etc?, we bought the notebooks on senegambia strip the last time.
      thanks in advance for any replies.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    • msdthatsame's Profile Photo

swimming

The Gambia Jul 2, 2012 at 7:52 AM

we are going to banjul beach next jan ,ive noticed on pic the beaches are very quiet and wondered is it safe to swim in the sea there

3 Answers Jul 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    • Staying in Serrekunda

City of Banjul Mar 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hi
      I have been invited by a good friend to go and visit him in Serrekunda, I know he would look after me well,but im trying to do as much research about the place as i can, so any information anyone as would be a great help. Would a white girl be welcomed? I know it would be a huge culture shock but ive not seen my friend in 5 years and it would be a great experience. Travelling alone is also a big worry. Any advice pllleeaase! Thanks, Emma

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM