The Gambia Travel Answers

change location

palma riva bungalows, kololi

by stevejc1956 Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM

4 years since we,ve been to Gambia and forgotten most of what we learned, so please bear with me!!.
Going for xmas and new year to the above, this time with the kids, age 12 & 9.
first off, any latest reviews on the palma riva, real ones not made up!!
does anyone know what the fridge hire and a/c cost per week, also the cost of the safety deposit?
wer,e fully inclusive but normally by the second week i like to look further afield for meals so any tips for restaurants, bars etc. mucho appreciated.
is the run from the hotel to the beach as bad as other forums described, yes i know about the bumsters but the last time we were at the palm grove on banjul highway and it wasn,t to bad there.
when do the schools break up for xmas hols? as we want the kids to see the difference between our cultures, they think the pics we took last time were off the internet! is it still the done thing to take pens, pencils etc?, we bought the notebooks on senegambia strip the last time.
thanks in advance for any replies.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • jigeen's Profile Photo

Re: palma riva bungalows, kololi

by jigeen Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I don't know that hotel by experience, because I prefer private houses or lodges. So I can't help you with that.

Bumsters are there, sure, but once you are in a beach bar you are safe. They only try to make a little money which they get when they direct you to certain places.

If every tourist brings pens, what are the kids going to do with all these pens? And: You teach them to beg for things. It is better to go to a school, ask the teacher what the class needs, and then buy it. Or you buy small items here in a bigger number for a whole class, like toothbrushes, plaster strips or things like that. Or a football, they will love it!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular The Gambia Travel Answer Locations