The Gambia Travel Answers

change location

first timers again, again !!!

by stevejc1956 Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 10:23 AM

last question before we go next week,
anyone know approx. how many children are in each school class as we,ve got some small calculators and would,nt want anyone to miss out.
30 at the moment, will we need more?
thanks to all who,ve answered previous q,s

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Garfield50's Profile Photo

Re: first timers again, again !!!

by Garfield50 Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Hi i was is The Gambia last week the schools are very variable the nursery school I went to averaged 35 per class but this school had no electric. I thing the calculators idea is great but may cause more problems as they start at a very basic level, at 6years old they are expected to be able to form single letters in english and 3 to 5 letter words with understanding of what it is eg tree, ink, etc. they also count dots with number associations. The older schools which i didn't visit this time mostly had electric but still very basic facilities.
    This time I contacted the school before i went over there, they asked for the usual: pens, paper, pencils i also took over pencil sharpeners and errasers. they also asked for educational toys and batteries for there tape recorders.

Have a great time. the weather is great 30C to 33C in day about 20C at night.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular The Gambia Travel Answer Locations