The Bahamas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

more
    • Are there car ferries to the Bahamas?

Grand Bahama Island 19 minutes ago

Are there car ferries from Florida to the Bahama Islands? If so what is the cost?

1 Answer 8 minutes ago
    • Are there car ferries to the Bahamas?

Grand Bahama Island 20 minutes ago

Are there car ferries from Florida to the Bahama Islands? If so what is the cost?

• Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

3 Answers 4 hours ago
    • Best beach bars in Bahamas

The Bahamas Mar 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Headed to Sandals for a week. Wondering about fun tours around area. We like smaller boat trips. Private charter. Maybe a beach bar hop by boat? Any suggestions?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    • Place to Stay Near Adelaide Village

The Bahamas Feb 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I'm looking for a room near Adelaide Village for 4 nights in April and would like to pay under 100/night. Wondering if there's anything not heavily advertised, a B & B type thing. Not looking to do the usual tourist thing--just a Florida resident who has a friend in Adelaide, would like to have my own room nearby during the visit.

• Taxis in the Bahamas

Nassau Feb 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Can the taxis in the Bahamas hold 4 passengers and their luggage

3 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    • Lucayan Park

Lucaya Feb 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Is this located on the same island as Nassau. We will be on a cruise that is docking there in the after noon the end of March. If it is what would be the best way to get to Lucayan Park from the dock.

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • Where to go when on cruise ship

The Bahamas Jan 29, 2014 at 4:44 AM

We will be arriving at Nassau the end of March. What is there to do at this port. We have been there several times and did not do much. Went over to Atlantas and walked around also did the straw market. Would prefer not to repeat either. ( Not a fan ) Just looking for a nice beach that we could hang out, get lunch and drinks. Use of facilities a must. We read some reviews about safety issues at this port. Are they a factor? We have read about beach access by the Rui, but it sounds like the use of facilities is a factor.We do not arrive until the afternoon and leave at night.

6 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • my name is Delores

The Bahamas Jan 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I went to the Bahamas several years ago, and bought a bottle of perfume called NOTHING which I was told that I could only purchase in the Bahamas. My bottle of NOTHING got spilled in my suitcase while I was on vacation, and of course it was spilled all over my clothes but there was none left in my bottle.. I have been wandering how I could purchase another bottle since I have know plans to visit the Bahamas in the near future. Please help me purchase my favorite perfume.

• Food stores in Nassau

Exuma District Jan 21, 2014 at 8:43 PM

We will be chartering a sailboat out of Nassau to sail as far as Staniel Cay and back. We have to provision for 8 people for 10 days. I saw the website for FoodFtore2Go. Are their prices a lot more expensive than in the SuperValue store in Nassau? At $60.00 a case of beer, we might have to switch to vodka!

• crime rate

Freeport City Jan 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

what is the crime rate in the Bahamas. Do we need to worry about going there?

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • All inclusive or pay for everything seperately?

The Bahamas Jan 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We are traveling to the Bahamas for our honeymoon in early november. I've looked into Sandals all inclusive and it's super high, $600 per night for the two of us. I know its going to be expensive but I was taken back a bit at that cost. Could we save more if we pay for everything sperately, food, hotel, activities?

4 Answers 2 hours ago
    • shannonm24's Profile Photo

Straw Markets

The Bahamas Jan 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM

which straw market is better for designer purses Freeport or Nassau??

2 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    • Moving to Bahamas

The Bahamas Jan 10, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Are there construction jobs in the Bahamas? Also, If I am moving from the Mainland US, how do I arrange for a container for my belongings? Thanks in advance.
      Sue

2 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • Best Beaches to go to in Paradise Island or Nassau?

The Bahamas Jan 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM

My husband and I are going to Paradise Island on Jan. 21st till Jan 27th. Im wondering what is best secluded beach in Paradise Island or Nassau? Also, what sights do we need to see while we are there?

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    • Jitney to Palm Cay

The Bahamas Dec 30, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Does the jitney bus go to Palm Cay on the east side of New Providence?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    • Taxi from Airport to Coral Harbor

Nassau Dec 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM

What is the fare for the 10 minute ride from the Nassau Airport to Coral Harbor? Where do we pick up the airport cab?

• Grocery store close to Atlantis?

Nassau Dec 28, 2013 at 12:35 AM

What is the closest grocery store to Atlantis (travelling with 1 & 6 year old; so our condo will need snacks & breakfast food.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • food on the island

Coco Cay Dec 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Does the cruise ship feed you while you are on the island?

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    • Bahamas out island advice

The Bahamas Dec 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I hope this isn't too general. I would like to visit one of the Bahamas out islands (not Grand Bahama or Nassau) for the first time but am having difficulty choosing which island. I want to go early January 2014.

Things I like to do are snorkel, explore island by scooter or bike, SCUBA, laz on the beach, kayak, site see,

Q1. Will the water be cold? The island chain is maybe 200 miles North to South so maybe water warmer in the southern islands?

Q2. Based on my interests and time of year, which out island would you recommend and why?

Q3. Any lodging recommendations? I would like good value. No top end expensive places.

Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • Is it a long walk from the docked ship to the SeaWorld Explorer excursion?

Nassau Dec 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM

We have booked the SeaWorld excursion on our cruise, and I just wondered how long of a walk it is to where we catch the tour boat to take us to the submarine?

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    • February Weather in Eluthera

The Bahamas Nov 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

What is the daytime temperature in North Eluthera and is the climate there similar to Miami during the same months of the year?

• Public Transportation

Freeport City Nov 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Is there a bus that can be caught by Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort? How much does it cost for a car rental for a day? Can we get a rental car at the resort\?

• safety in nassau

Nassau Nov 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

im headed to nassau in 3 weeks everytime i read a review someone has posted they always mention SAFE places to go. is it really that bad there?

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    • November 15-16, 2013 weather

Paradise Island Nov 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Hi,
      I will be arriving on the 15th at Great Stirrup Cay and then we go to Nassau the next day. The weather says partly cloudy with a chance of rain/storms. Any need to worry?

4 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    • best place to stay in nassau

Nassau Nov 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I will be taking a family of four adults to Nassau in March looking for beach, water activities, snorkeling, water park. Want hotel on the beach. Moderate pricing. Any recommendations? Is paradise island that much better than mainland Nassau?

• Nassau Beaches And Activities

Nassau Oct 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Never been here. Are the waters nice? Is it a tropical feeling?Is there good fishing? if so, what do you catch?

• curious about who or what I'm going to meet?

Great Inagua Island Oct 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM

what is the most common surname on the island? what Bahamian dish is the island especially known for?

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • Nassau, 2 weeks?

Nassau Oct 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi, thanks to all for your comments, they are really helpful!
      I wonder if you can guide me since it's my first time to Bahamas. I am planning to arrive on October, 17th and planning to stay for 14 days together with my Mom. Do you think it's worth staying 2 weeks or would you recommend only one? Also, I am thinking to book at the Sheraton Nassau beach & resort....any comments? Is it a good choice or is it too far away.
      I really appreciate any suggestions!

Best regards,
      Carla

7 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • Lighthouse on Paradise Island

Nassau Oct 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Can the lighthouse be walked to from the cruise port?

4 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 6:27 AM