change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aletaj.'s Profile Photo

I will need a place to live for 3 months in Hoi An

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 6, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hello... i would like to know if anyone can recommend a site or have information on the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment in Hoi An for a few months... we are budget conscious and must have internet for our online work... would like to be in a good location within walking distance to cafes, shops, and center.
      Thank you in advance

more
    • robot_gurl's Profile Photo

Help With an Ao Dai?

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I'm in Viet Nam for the next month, and I'm dying for an Ao Dai. Should I try to get one while I'm in HCMC, or is it better to have one made in a smaller town? If it is better to have one made here, in HCMC, is there anyone who would like to come help me pick out fabric and meet with a tailor? I just got in yesterday, and my Vietnamese is nil. I would really appreciate the help, and it would be fun to meet some local ladies!!

more
    • Female First Time Traveller to Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hi i am a first time traveller to vietnam HCMC late may, is it safe for female and i am staying in Bui Vien St late around 8.40pm would anything be open for me to explore nearby and meet backpackers, expats and locals alike wanting to meet new people and just relax and people watch. also what is the safest cheapest and quickest way to get from airport to bui vien??

more
    • Linhbeaver's Profile Photo

5 days in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hey there :)

I'm from Ha Noi and will be in HCMC for several days for a business trip. Do you have any recommendations for places to visit, foods to eat when I have limited time in the city? (I will have to work from 9 a.m until 6 p.m, so I can just discover the city in the evening).

And are there any big events happening from 18th to 22rd April?

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I would love to catch up with people whilst I'm staying there so if anyone wants to catch up for a coffee, a sightsee, anything really let me know :)

Regards,
      Linh

more
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

Obtaining Cambodia visa em HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM

So, I will be in Ho Chi Minh from Friday to Sunday, and I am trying to understand if it's possible to get a same day visa for Cambodia in a consulate. Yes, I know about the e-visa, I am just not fond of the concept. Yes, I know there is VOA in land borders, I am just not sure if the secondary bus company connecting Can Tho with PP will let me board without a visa and, of course, if I take care of it in the consulate that means least chances of "troubles" dealing with the border staff.

more

Popular Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Answer Locations

• Female First Time Traveller to Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hi i am a first time traveller to vietnam HCMC late may, is it safe for female and i am staying in Bui Vien St late around 8.40pm would anything be open for me to explore nearby and meet backpackers, expats and locals alike wanting to meet new people and just relax and people watch. also what is the safest cheapest and quickest way to get from airport to bui vien??

6 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

I will need a place to live for 3 months in Hoi An

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 6, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hello... i would like to know if anyone can recommend a site or have information on the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment in Hoi An for a few months... we are budget conscious and must have internet for our online work... would like to be in a good location within walking distance to cafes, shops, and center.
      Thank you in advance

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Linhbeaver's Profile Photo

5 days in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hey there :)

I'm from Ha Noi and will be in HCMC for several days for a business trip. Do you have any recommendations for places to visit, foods to eat when I have limited time in the city? (I will have to work from 9 a.m until 6 p.m, so I can just discover the city in the evening).

And are there any big events happening from 18th to 22rd April?

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I would love to catch up with people whilst I'm staying there so if anyone wants to catch up for a coffee, a sightsee, anything really let me know :)

Regards,
      Linh

11 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • robot_gurl's Profile Photo

Help With an Ao Dai?

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I'm in Viet Nam for the next month, and I'm dying for an Ao Dai. Should I try to get one while I'm in HCMC, or is it better to have one made in a smaller town? If it is better to have one made here, in HCMC, is there anyone who would like to come help me pick out fabric and meet with a tailor? I just got in yesterday, and my Vietnamese is nil. I would really appreciate the help, and it would be fun to meet some local ladies!!

6 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

Obtaining Cambodia visa em HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM

So, I will be in Ho Chi Minh from Friday to Sunday, and I am trying to understand if it's possible to get a same day visa for Cambodia in a consulate. Yes, I know about the e-visa, I am just not fond of the concept. Yes, I know there is VOA in land borders, I am just not sure if the secondary bus company connecting Can Tho with PP will let me board without a visa and, of course, if I take care of it in the consulate that means least chances of "troubles" dealing with the border staff.

12 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM
    • New years eve

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I'm going to be in HCMC for new years eve this year. I'm not normally a fan but wondered what to do/where to go whilst there. Is it worth paying to go for a nice meal somewhere or will it be better to just wander round and sample a few things?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    • location of Silk Road

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I have been told about Silk Road can anyone tell me exactly where this is and is it worth visiting/

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:45 PM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

HCMC airport transfer

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM

We will be arriving a couple of times to HCMC by air. Is a taxi a good way to get to our hotel in the center of the city, or does one have to fight their way through a gauntlet of shouting hucksters before finding a legitimate taxi? Or should I have my hotel arrange a shuttle?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • Place to watch olympics?

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 19, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Specifically Men's hockey.

Does anyone know of any pubs that will be showing the games?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM
    • Tour operators

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Has anyone heard of Footprints indochina travel?

6 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • freight/cargo

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 4, 2014 at 5:02 AM

hi, i will be going to ho chi minh end of this month and i plan to buy some bag, shoes, and clothes to sell. How can i send them from ho chi minh to manila, philippines?
      thanks

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • LilyB36's Profile Photo

guesthouse district 3

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

guesthouse district 3

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

best way to tour Cu Chi tunnels (with 2 year old) - group tour or private car?

Cu Chi Feb 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Looking for recommendations. Want to go this Tuesday. Have a two year old in tote. Is the coach tour with Sinh tours a good idea? Or is it better to get a private car (if so, any recommendations?).

7 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Rubins's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel Saigon ?

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 23, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Any one stayed here ? Only in HCM 1 whole day before joining tour. Are main sights easy to get to? Any suggestions

6 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    • Anyone know of these brands and items in HCM

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 10, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I've read of Vaude and North Face bags, what about Columbia? Also, with these brands can you get tops and other items of clothing? Either fake, factory rejects or from proper shops? I need new gear and I'm wondering if I should by from home or check out what's available when I get to HCM but I'd like an idea of what's availble.

I don't know if Teva sandals are available or if there's anything similar available locally. Also, if anyone else is familiar with Nikko or Fitter. Nikko is available in HK, cheaper options for camping gear but good quality. I've been using their rucksacks and sleeping bags since I was a kid. Fitter makes good sandals similar to Teva's at a fraction of the price. Don't know if I should get them here before I travel or if they are available there. I'm also open to local brands if you can suggest any.

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 1:26 AM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Mekong criuses

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM

As part of a 3-week trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, we're planning a 2-night Mekong cruise. I proposed to my travel agent a tour I researched online, on either the Dragon Eyes or Gekko Eyes boats. The agent came back with "these are not suitable for US clients". We would like it to be very nice, but we don't need luxury.

Can anyone provide any perspective for me on this? Are you familiar with this cruise line?

9 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Ho Chi Minh or Phnom Penh for river tour.

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Can anyone suggest a good place or company for a river cruise/tour? I'll be in HCM for a few days working my way up to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap but I don't know where the best place or most convenient place would be for me to take the river tour.

EDIT: I'm looking for a half day tour, preferably around 20-40usd or less. 

5 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    • mel301's Profile Photo

The weather.

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi, can anyone help.
      My wife and I want to go to Ho Chi Minh and Phu Quoc in the south of Vietnam in August, but looking at the weather info in the books and the net it says there is heavy rain at this time of the year. Is this the norm or would we be unlucky if it rained for 3 weeks.
      I would also like to take a tour to Gangkor wat is this doable in a day or should we take longer to visit this site.
      Thanks in advance.

10 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM
    • ccarbaugh's Profile Photo

Two Questions...

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Honest taxi from Airport? "Girl-Friendly" (Inexpensive) Hotel?

7 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 1:14 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Need a decent hotel near airport for one night. US$70 or so

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 19, 2013 at 4:51 AM

For an upcoming family trip in Vietnam, we have one night in HCMC before connecting domestic flight. I'm thinking that there's not much point in heading into District 1 (we will have 4 nights in HCMC later in the trip). So, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just get a hotel near the airport? I've researched some online and it seems that many of the hotels have NOTHING to do nearby. I'm not looking for cultural stuff, but would at least want to be able to walk around outside to get something to eat.

We will have approximately 20 hours during this transit, arriving Friday night and departing Saturday at around 2pm. Traveling with a two year old.

Recommendations for hotels appreciated. Something around US$70 would be good.

Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    • Question about getting around in HCM

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'm in the early stages of planning, so far places around district 1 seem doable on foot since touristy spots like Ben Tranh Market, Opera house, Notre Dame Basilica, Reunification Palace etc.. are all within 1km of each other.

However, places like the War Remnants Museum, History Museum and Saigon Zoo are all quite far apart. What's the best way of getting to each of these places? How much should I expect to pay hiring either a cab or xe om from point to point or for the day.

13 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM
    • visa for Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Have just heard that you can no longer pick up entry visa to Vietnam (HCM) on arrival after the 16/12/13 even with approval letter, must be a full visa on arrival, is that correct?

8 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    • Keeping valuables in room

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 5, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I will be traveling to HCM solo. So far I've read that 20-25usd will get you a decent place which is a good thing because it's within my budget range. Actually I've read that budget places range from 7-25usd in the backpacker area, but most of the threads I've looked into are from a few years ago and I don't know if things have changed since then.

My question is, are these places safe for keeping my belongings in all day? As a solo traveler I will probably either take my valuables with me or leave them in the room. I will have around 1500usd cash plus a few hundred more in other currency, passport, travel documents and stuff like my camera, phone etc. I won't be able to take all that stuff with me all the time so I may leave it in the rooms for extended periods while I'm out and about. Is that a good idea, are there other options, what hotels can you recommend for a first timer to HCM travelling solo?

Thanks in advance.

15 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    • Hapugala's Profile Photo

Night life in saigon

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Any massage parlours

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • Shopping in Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Where do I buy branded goods at factory outlet prices?

8 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    • FinolaM's Profile Photo

Veloura and BellaGenix where to buy??

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 18, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Where can l buy Veloura and BellaGenix in hoi chi min, district 1.???

• jiajiavon's Profile Photo

Affected by Typhoon?

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 11, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi,

I will be visiting HCM on this coming 15 Nov 2013. Is it safe to travel there at this time?

5 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    • Places to visit with family.

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Hello, Im goin to Ho chi minh on 19of december. What are the must go places? And since ho chi minh is known for its tailor, what is the tailor shop that you guys recommend? I might want to make a few suits! With cheap price and good quality

5 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    • Locality of the stalls of pharmaceutical and otc products?

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

There's this place in HCMC whereby it is a centralized place with more than 100 stalls/shops selling pharmaceutical and OTC products. Can someone provide the name and address so as a local taxi can take me there?

thank you.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • Locality of the stalls of pharmaceutical and otc products?

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM

There's this place in HCMC whereby it is a centralized place with more than 100 stalls/shops selling pharmaceutical and OTC products. Can someone provide the name and address so as a local taxi can take me there?

thank you.

5 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 2:57 AM