change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• worksopian's Profile Photo

Airport transportation

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Is bus no 152 a decent option for getting from the international airport to downtown?How long does it take?Is it crowded?Does it wait before it is full? Is their a timetable?
      Thanks Ian

more

Train travel in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I intend travelling from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang(and onwards to Da Nang) in November.
      I dont like the idea of prebooking and collecting in Vietnam.Is it easy to book tickets in Vietnam and collect when buying.
      Train appears to be a better option than the bus?

more

Popular Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Answer Locations

Airport transportation

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 19, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Is bus no 152 a decent option for getting from the international airport to downtown?How long does it take?Is it crowded?Does it wait before it is full? Is their a timetable?
      Thanks Ian

7 Answers Aug 20, 2015 at 3:48 AM

Train travel in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I intend travelling from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang(and onwards to Da Nang) in November.
      I dont like the idea of prebooking and collecting in Vietnam.Is it easy to book tickets in Vietnam and collect when buying.
      Train appears to be a better option than the bus?

12 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • hydrofoil from saigon to vung tau..

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 14, 2015 at 2:19 AM

1. Is the hydrofoil operating between saigon to vung tau..?

2. Is there a regular bus from vung tau to mui ne/phan thiet?

3. Is there a regular bus from mui ne/phan thiet to nha trang?

Any details appreciated. Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 4:49 AM
    • USD-VND CONERSION IN HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Jul 13, 2015: Rate on internet shows 1$=21800vnd. what is the going rate on the street in saigon? can you recommend a "good" moneychanger?

5 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • USD-VND CONERSION IN HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 13, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Jul 13, 2015: Rate on internet shows 1$=21800vnd. what is the going rate on the street in saigon? can you recommend a "good" moneychanger?

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Regarding Jetstar Pacific Airlines' Inflight Magazine

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi, Vietnam VT,

Has anyone flown with Jetstar Pacific lately in 2015? If yes, are there now hardcopies of Jetstar Magazine published and printed in Vietnam? Last year, I flew two times three times with the airline in November and December 2014. I could not find Jetstar Magazine.

Please help me as i wish to collect Jetstar Magazine printed in Vietnam from Jetstar Pacific.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2015 at 1:58 AM
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Philippine peso to USD to dong

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 16, 2015 at 3:06 AM

hello! I will be arriving on the 22nd of June at 12:20 AM and I don't think money changers at the airport are still open that time? My question is should I exchange MOST of my PH peso here in the Philippines to USD and exchange USD to dong when I arrive in VN? I have no visa/mastercard so I won't be able to withdraw money using ATMs and I need dong for the taxi fare. I still have to check if PH money changers can exchange peso/usd to dong. Hope my question is clear > Thank you!

14 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:12 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

bus travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi all
      Advice please on travel from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh. We do not want to fly if at all possible and ideally we would not like to go via Phnom Penh.
      questions are..... Is it possible on bus / coach.......... how long would it take......... and the cost
      many thanks
      POEPAT

4 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 5:36 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

First time in Ho Chi Minh

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Hi all,
      We will be travelling to Vietnam for the first time during February 2016. We fly into Ho Chi Minh from Siem Reap, before moving onto Phu Quoc. We are considering about four days in HCMC. We enjoy Eco, history, eating and drinking and generally roaming aimlessly....
      So here are the questions
      What to see / do in HCMC, is four days enough time
      Which are the best areas of the delta to see to experience Vietnamese lifestyle and is it worth spending a few days in this area.
      Best and most interesting way to Phu Quoc
      Many thanks in anticipation
      POEPAT

6 Answers Jul 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Smaney5's Profile Photo

Vietnam visa help

Ho Chi Minh City May 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Hello! I would like to travel to Vietnam, and am currently in Thailand, leaving for Laos very soon. I'm a U.S. Citizen and was wondering how long it takes to get a visa, not a visa approval, but the visa itself. The only reason can't do a VOA is because I would like to travel over the border instead of flying into Vietnam. My 3 basic questions are, how long does the visa take to get, what's the process, and how much does it cost compared to a VOA? Tia!

6 Answers May 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM
    • DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo

planning my itenerary

Ho Chi Minh City May 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Ok, so I have 10 nights totall for the whole of vietnam. How long do I need in ho chi minh city? I like to visit the historic sites, eat and drink from super places and relax as well. And whats the most central area in ho chi minh? Thank u!

14 Answers May 23, 2015 at 11:05 PM
    • notre dame cathedral

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 21, 2015 at 1:39 AM

what are the mass service times on saturday and sunday

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM
    • AlifArchi's Profile Photo

Ho Chi Minh City on a budget.

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 15, 2015 at 2:40 AM

I'm visiting HCM on 20/4/15 - 25/4/15. Any suggestion on what to do without spending a lot of money(me and my friends are on a tight budget). I'll be staying near Ben Thanh Market. Thank you in advance.. :)

8 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    • AlifArchi's Profile Photo

Any theme park in HCM??

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Is there any theme park with thrill rides and if they do, what is the fees?

5 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 2:11 AM
    • district 11 ho chi minh city

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM

I will have to stay near Phu Tho gym at district 11 in Dec, any hotel near the gym ?
      How far from the city to the gym? Would it be easy to get transport from the gym to the city?
      Will taxi charge a lot more than the meter price ? How can we avoid it ????????

9 Answers May 21, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Where to stay in Saigon after our long flight from San Francisco

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM

My son and I are traveling by backpack for 3 weeks. Our first stop of course is Saigon. Looking for a basecamp hotel/guest house for $10-$30 a night. We will rent Scooters and take day trips from there. Need some suggestions where to stay that we might be able to still walk to a night market and see some of the city life. No Hyatt Regency types of places

5 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 10:01 PM
    • Vaccinations in Vietnam and Cambodia????

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 9, 2015 at 10:51 PM

I will be traveling in July and August, to Hanoi, Halong Bay, HoiAn, HCMC, Mekong Delta, Phnom Pen and Siem Riep. Do I need any vaccinations?

6 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Mekong tour

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 8, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Hi,

I'm departing to HCM City in 2 days time and rushing for info now :-) Read quite a few info about Mekong but I'm confused because looks like there are Mekong Cruise and Mekong Tour 2 different type.

Since I don't want cruising on a big ship so I search for the Mekong 1 or 2 days tour. Prices range from $15 to $300 which varies a lot and I can't find out the pick up point (this is important because I need to check the transport time needed from my accommodation place to there). Can anybody give me some idea?

BTW, are there any suggestion in dining at some of the French Colonial design hotels? I may want to try one, sit there to experience the environment.

Many tks,
      Lily

7 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 11:26 PM
    • moorywa's Profile Photo

Places To Visit

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 5, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Hello, i have 4 days in the city and would like to visit the historic areas and some villages to see the real Vietnam. I am staying in the CBD and will need transport to get to places

7 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • Visa On Arrival

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 23, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Hi,

Understand that we can apply for Visa On Arrival in Tan Son Nhat Int'l Airport and would like confirm with more update information for my trip in March 2015.

1. Apply online to some Vietnam travel agents to get a "government pre-approved letter" by email.
      2. Present the "government pre-approved letter" to immigration officers upon arrival to get the visa chop
      3. Do we need to prepare any photos for the Visa on Arrival?
      4. The US$45 VOA visa fee must be paid in cash and in US$ only?

Pls advise. Many tks,

14 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 2:11 AM
    • suekynah's Profile Photo

couple traveller - shopping -city tour

Ho Chi Minh City Feb 3, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Hi, we gonna travel end of this month. Main purpose is to buy some linen for business. But, since this our first time here, we also like to visit any interesting places. Will be there for 5 days. Any suggestions where to stay and where to go?

11 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 9:19 PM
    • Lunaina's Profile Photo

TheSinhTourist so cheap, is it good?

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 31, 2015 at 11:45 PM

I am looking for day trips to make during my travel around Vietnam. Online I find the tours of TheSinhTourist the cheapest. Are these tours good, as I find the price really low, compared to others... ???

Or has someone another good tip on a tourist company to use in Vietnam for daytrips....

10 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 1:46 AM
    • Arranging my days

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM

I have a list of places i want to go but am not sure how to arrange going there.
      I will only be staying for 4 days
      The list is as follows
      Notre Dame Church
      Cu Chi Tunnel
      The Reunification Palace
      War Museum
      Jade Pagoda
      Ben Thanh Market
      Mekong Delta
      Cao Dai Temple
      Giac Lam Pagoda
      Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple
      Xa Loi Pagoda
      Tran Hung Dao Temple
      Thao Cam Vien
      Saigon Sky Deck

6 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 9:11 PM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Linen dresses and pants

Ho Chi Minh City Jan 4, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Hi. I would like to buy reasonable linen dresses with embroidery. I have seen some with a brand called Nhung. Is it available in HCMC. If yes, would highly appreciate any info.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    • are there any buses from District 1 to the airport?

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

where do they leave? how often? what's the cost?

2 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • bus from district 1 to airport in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

are there any buses leaving the city to go to the airport? Looking to depart from District 1.
      Where and how often do they leave? What's the cost?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Michelia Saigon Hotel

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Hi Everyone. Coming to HCMC for 3 ngts and I saw this lovely hotel on Hotels.com called Michelia Saigon Hotel but there are absolutely no reviews about it. Also they dont have a website. Has anyone stayed or seen this hotel? Please pass on some information as it looks impressive.

Thanks

8 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Antique Maps of Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Looking to buy an old map of Indo-China, or Vietnam. Any suggestions other than Le Cong Kieu street?

3 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • cassteve's Profile Photo

Ho Chi Minh safety.

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I`m going to Ho Chi Minh City in November and was wondering how safe is the place?

39 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • crisgastardo's Profile Photo

Groupie in HCMC for 6 Full Days

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I and 5 more friends (not so old adults, age ranging from 40-50yo) will be visiting HCMC on Oct 15-20. Been to the city twice already and I found Cu Chi Tunnels and city tour recommendable. Was planning to experience more, such as the following tours:
      1 Day Mekong Delta. Which is better between My Tho-Ben Tre and Cai Be-Vinh Long?
      1 Day Cao Dai Temple + Cu Chi Tunnels. Is this possible in a day?

Any advice how a group can best experience HCMC to the fullest?

9 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM