Travel Answers
Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh Travel Answer Locations

• are there any buses from District 1 to the airport?

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

where do they leave? how often? what's the cost?

2 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • bus from district 1 to airport in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

are there any buses leaving the city to go to the airport? Looking to depart from District 1.
      Where and how often do they leave? What's the cost?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Michelia Saigon Hotel

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Hi Everyone. Coming to HCMC for 3 ngts and I saw this lovely hotel on Hotels.com called Michelia Saigon Hotel but there are absolutely no reviews about it. Also they dont have a website. Has anyone stayed or seen this hotel? Please pass on some information as it looks impressive.

Thanks

8 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    • Antique Maps of Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Looking to buy an old map of Indo-China, or Vietnam. Any suggestions other than Le Cong Kieu street?

3 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • cassteve's Profile Photo

Ho Chi Minh safety.

Ho Chi Minh City Oct 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I`m going to Ho Chi Minh City in November and was wondering how safe is the place?

39 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • crisgastardo's Profile Photo

Groupie in HCMC for 6 Full Days

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 28, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I and 5 more friends (not so old adults, age ranging from 40-50yo) will be visiting HCMC on Oct 15-20. Been to the city twice already and I found Cu Chi Tunnels and city tour recommendable. Was planning to experience more, such as the following tours:
      1 Day Mekong Delta. Which is better between My Tho-Ben Tre and Cai Be-Vinh Long?
      1 Day Cao Dai Temple + Cu Chi Tunnels. Is this possible in a day?

Any advice how a group can best experience HCMC to the fullest?

9 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM
    • crowford's Profile Photo

PlateCulture dinners in VIetnam

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 23, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Gidday, I am planning on booking a dinner in plateculture.com/destination... and I want to ask if somebody already tried it? Maybe somebody could recommend a person who is worth visiting?

6 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • Tet in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Sep 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I am thinking about extending a tour with OAT to stay in Ho Chi Minh City over the beginning of Tet. It sounds like Tet New Year's Eve might be fun, but New Year's Day is a family day and not much is open. So I was thinking of actually flying back to US on Tet New Year's Day, but am concerned about whether it will be difficult to get transportation to the airport and also about restaurants being open. I would love to hear about anyone with experience being in Ho Chi Minh City over Tet. Also any recommendations about where it would be best to stay or moderate priced hotels or even better someplace with a little kitchen.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • Perkie40's Profile Photo

Looooong layover between flights

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 10, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Hey fellow travellers, I have a fairly long layover between a flight from London to Sydney. When I reach Ho Chi Min Airport, do I need to collect my luggage or will it go straight to a waiting area for the next leg of my journey? Unsure as never done this before!

6 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • Visa in Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Aug 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM

As cruise passengers, do we need a visa to visit HCMC?

8 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • Is a cruise on Saigon river worth it.How safe is it in ho Chi Minh city?

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Is a cruise on Saigon river worth it?How safe is it?

5 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • Finding a specific restaurant

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi, Last time I was in HCM (October 2013) we ate at a restaurant that I cannot remember it's name. There was an article on it in the Vietnamese Airlines inflight magazine which is why we dined there. On my iphone photos that I took at the time, the location is Ho Chi Minh - Purong 9, Durong Ho Van Hue. Would you have any idea the name of the restaurant as we are returning to HCM and would love to dine there again?
      Thanks, Janice

2 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    • Permanent hair Straightening

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 17, 2014 at 4:50 AM

I am going to HCMC in two weeks and I would like to do a permanent hair straightening like the brazilian blowout, keratin treatment, rebounding, japanese treatment.

I took a look at some info online but the only one I found was the Concept Coiffure that looks top of the line but the price is definitely above my budget.

Does anybody has any other options that would cost $100 ish (or less)?

Thank you so much in advance!

• Any locals interested in being a tour guide?

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Saigon within couple of weeks or so. I am interested in doing a simple and non-commercial city tour just for a day or two. I was wondering if there is any english speaking friendly local, with some knowledge about the place and the culture, interested in showing me around in a motorbike during their free time :). I can also help with renting a bike if needed and take care of the travel expenses.

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • Ferry service_Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau City

Ho Chi Minh City Jul 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Is the Ferry service - Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau City - running yet after being suspended earlier.?
      Thanks in advance
      bkc1000

3 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    • night club

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM

do you know if there is nice or luxus hotel with night club in Saigon, Hoian and Hanoi ?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    • nightlife

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Coming to ho chi minh november
      Is it safe at night bar hopping

4 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    • hrosc's Profile Photo

street food

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi guys,

i will be in Saigon on 27.06.2014. Do you have any suggestion for real local street food, a bit of the beaten track, not just in district 1. Also, which district you recomend to experience real local atmosphere. If some of you locals would like to meet with us ( also wife and 7 years old son), i would be happy to pay for the drinks and food:). It is foody time:)
      Thank you in advance for any respond. Best regards, Jurij

8 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Hydrofoils to vung Atu & Cu Chi

Ho Chi Minh City Jun 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Does anyone know if they're runnning again?

4 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    • beach hotel

Ho Chi Minh City May 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM

what are good hotels near or on a beach in ho chi minh

7 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Vung Tau Ferry

Ho Chi Minh City May 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Are the ferries operating from HCMC to Vung Tau?

7 Answers May 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • Ex Om driver for day

Ho Chi Minh City May 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Hi, I'm in Saigon for the weekend and need to go to different areas to see markets and shops. I would ideally like to hire an Ex Om driver for the entire day who speaks a little bit of English. Any recommendations?

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • tour operator based in the central post office siagon

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 29, 2014 at 4:54 AM

What is the email address for; TIEU CHAUN TOUR HCM

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    • travel agent

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 28, 2014 at 6:29 AM

what is the travel agent based in the central post office in vietnam

2 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
    • Where is Nam Cat Tien National Park?

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 28, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Dear my friends,

I am Vietnamese who live in US for a long time. This summer, I will come back my home town and travel Nam Cat Tien National Park. Could You (Vietnamese Friends) share with me about Nam Cat Tien National Park?

Sincerely

7 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    • Female First Time Traveller to Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hi i am a first time traveller to vietnam HCMC late may, is it safe for female and i am staying in Bui Vien St late around 8.40pm would anything be open for me to explore nearby and meet backpackers, expats and locals alike wanting to meet new people and just relax and people watch. also what is the safest cheapest and quickest way to get from airport to bui vien??

7 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

I will need a place to live for 3 months in Hoi An

Ho Chi Minh City Apr 6, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hello... i would like to know if anyone can recommend a site or have information on the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment in Hoi An for a few months... we are budget conscious and must have internet for our online work... would like to be in a good location within walking distance to cafes, shops, and center.
      Thank you in advance

4 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    • Linhbeaver's Profile Photo

5 days in HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Hey there :)

I'm from Ha Noi and will be in HCMC for several days for a business trip. Do you have any recommendations for places to visit, foods to eat when I have limited time in the city? (I will have to work from 9 a.m until 6 p.m, so I can just discover the city in the evening).

And are there any big events happening from 18th to 22rd April?

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I would love to catch up with people whilst I'm staying there so if anyone wants to catch up for a coffee, a sightsee, anything really let me know :)

Regards,
      Linh

11 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • robot_gurl's Profile Photo

Help With an Ao Dai?

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hi, I'm in Viet Nam for the next month, and I'm dying for an Ao Dai. Should I try to get one while I'm in HCMC, or is it better to have one made in a smaller town? If it is better to have one made here, in HCMC, is there anyone who would like to come help me pick out fabric and meet with a tailor? I just got in yesterday, and my Vietnamese is nil. I would really appreciate the help, and it would be fun to meet some local ladies!!

5 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Torgut's Profile Photo

Obtaining Cambodia visa em HCMC

Ho Chi Minh City Mar 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM

So, I will be in Ho Chi Minh from Friday to Sunday, and I am trying to understand if it's possible to get a same day visa for Cambodia in a consulate. Yes, I know about the e-visa, I am just not fond of the concept. Yes, I know there is VOA in land borders, I am just not sure if the secondary bus company connecting Can Tho with PP will let me board without a visa and, of course, if I take care of it in the consulate that means least chances of "troubles" dealing with the border staff.

12 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM