change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• WillieWortel's Profile Photo

live Jazz in Berlin

Berlin 1 hours ago

Are there any Jazz clubs with live jazz performances? Names and adresses please.

more
    • Getting from Munich to Murnau

Munich Mar 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM

I am flying in to MUC on April 22, and need to arrive in Murnau that same day if possible. Would the train be my best option and how quickly can I get from the Airport to the Bahnhof?

more
    • Local Transport in Gengenbach

Gengenbach Mar 8, 2015 at 4:08 AM

I wish to stay in Gengenbach. However, as per Google maps, the apartment is 1.5 km from the train station. Is there any local bus service available in the village.... Especially may be needed after coming late in the evening after sightseeing.

more
    • Quite and unpopular place to go.

Duisburg Mar 14, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Hello,
      I am going to visit my girlfriend next saturday.
      I want a quite place like some very unpopular place on a Mountain or any place where less people come.
      I want to celebrate her Birthday on a quite place and want to cut a cake close to Nature.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

more
    • Electronics shop

Stuttgart Mar 6, 2015 at 8:25 AM

What is the best place for buying electrical components, robot parts and so on in Stuttgart?

more
    • josepicarra's Profile Photo

Not expensive Hotel

Hamburg Mar 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Anyone to tell me an hotel in Hamburg, at a low price but suitable for us, a couple 60 years old?

more
    • Is there a town called Schopfloch in this region?

Schwäbische Alb Mar 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM

I am working on my family genealogy of the Pfau family, who lived in Schopfloch and several were mayors of the city in 1700s and early 1800s. but my genealogist says there are 3 Schopflochs in Germany. In my family history it describes it as a town "in southern Germany, in the Schwabisch Alb region" The genealogist says these are the three but I can't tell which is the one described in the family records. Do any of you know?
      her quotes:
      Which one? There are 3 in Germany:
      72296 Schopfloch near Freudenstadt (phone book full of PFAUs) I suppose it is this one?
      73252 Schopfloch between Stuttgart and Ulm (Württemberg) (some PFAUs)
      91626 Schopfloch near Ansbach/Nürnberg (Bavaria) (no PFAUs) my knowledge of German geography is poor but can any of you tell me which is the most likely the one my family describes as southern germany near Schwabische Alb? I'm guessing it is this one but I can't find any map to let me know there is a Schopfloch in this region. Does anyone know? thanks so much . Fred Lorey

more
    • cheap hostel in Hamburg

Hamburg Mar 20, 2015 at 2:23 PM

where can i find a cheap hostel around 5 - 10 euros in Hamburg??

more
    • Pamelita's Profile Photo

What's the easiest way to get to Copenhagen from Bonn?

Cologne Yesterday

Hi all -

I will be traveling to Bonn in August for a graduate program and afterwards I'd like to travel to Copenhagen. I know there are trains from Germany to Denmark and I am looking for suggestions on which route is the most direct.

Many thanks in advance!

Pamela

more
    • Housing and Schooling in Heppenheim

Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse Mar 21, 2015 at 6:17 AM

My wife and I will move with our 2 kids (6 and 4) to the region as I will work in Darmstadt. We live in Germany since 3 years but in the North. I am looking for options and cities like Heppenheim, Weinheim, seemed interesting from a first look, pictures and landscapes. Besides finding a nice house in a quiet neighborhood we are interested to know about schools in the area, as we may live closer to where a good/recommended school is located. Our kids are going to German school and my son starts Grundschule next Aug/Sep. Our daughter is still in kindergarten. Any comment, tip, recommendation is very welcomed ! EC

more
    • NadineK5's Profile Photo

Restaurants around Neuschwanstein Castle

Füssen Mar 21, 2015 at 1:12 AM

We'll be staying in Munich during May and have hired a car to visit Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace. Our plan is to leave Munich early. Not sure yet on which to visit first. Any recommendations for good restaurants around either of these for breakfast/lunch?

more
    • Some quite and green place

Gelsenkirchen Mar 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Hello,
      I am going to visit my girlfriend next saturday.
      I want a quite place like some green place on a Mountain or any place where less people come.

more
    • JHR's Profile Photo

Elbtunnel suggestions

Hamburg Mar 2, 2015 at 2:22 AM

I am going back to Hamburg in mid-May, for 5 days, having been persuaded by two former work colleagues (who have no German and have never visited Hamburg) to act as translator, organiser and guide. So this may be the first of a few questions...
      Last time I walked through the Elbtunnel, it was being refurbished and ther were no cars. I assume the work is now complete (correct?) and that we would be sharing the tunnel with cars. Anyway, has anyone any suggestions for what to do once you emerge from the tunnel ion the southern bank of the Elbe? Last time, I took in the view of the city across the river, walked past the various works entrances to Blohm + Voss, and looked for a memorial to the prisoners from Neuengamme who had worked as forced-labourers in the shipyards (I never found it. Does it exist? Where exactly is it?), My main question: Is there any 'route' back to 'central' Hamburg, involving a reasonable walk and/or public transport, other than a stroll back through the tunnel?

more
    • boyfromoz's Profile Photo

Booking tickets to the opera/theatre at ZKV

Munich Mar 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM

I would like to book online tickets to the opera/theatre at ZKV munich. I am using the website
      http://www.zkv-muenchen.de
      It appears that there is no English translation on this site.
      Is there any way I can make bookings where the pages are translated to English?

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Transportation to Aachen.

Düsseldorf Mar 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM

How can I travel from Dusseldorf airport to Aachen and vice versa? How long would the journey be?

more
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

Bugatti Type 41 Royale Binder Coupé De Ville - WHERE is it shown now ?

Germany Mar 21, 2015 at 5:36 AM

The Bugatti Type 41 Royale Binder Coupé De Ville of 1935 is owned by the Volkswagen-company and it is travelling a lot from one museum to the other. Maybe somebody here knows where to find it at the moment or in the future ?
      I could not find it on the list in the Wolfsburg-museum of VW !

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

How do we get there?

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Mar 19, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Staying in Nuremberg, what is the best way to get to Rothenburg ob der Tauber? Are there tours we can take from Nuremberg?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

The Eagles Nest

Nürnberg Mar 19, 2015 at 7:54 PM

We are staying in Nuremberg for 2 days and would like to visit the Eagles Nest. Are there any tours from Nuremberg? What is the best way to get there?

more
    • aishen1208's Profile Photo

Visiting neighboring countries in Europe

Hemer Mar 1, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Hi. This will be my first time to travel Europe. I'll be staying in Hemer for 6 weeks. I only have weekends to explore Germany and hopefully to travel some neighboring countries like Netherlands, France and Belgium. Do you think it's possible considering the limited time I have? Please suggest places I must see, and the travel time if possible, and I'll do my research from there. Thanks in advance :)

more
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Making Sense of My Bahn Ticket and Reservation

Germany Mar 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Looking at my Bah on-line ticket reservation from Frankfurt to Salzburg under "Reservierung," which i bought a reservation along with the 24.5 euro fare.it indicates;

2 Sotzplatze. Wg. 268, Pl. 25 26 2 Fesnster, Abteil, Nichtraucher.

What part of this is the coach and seats? Most European train tickets are pretty clear. Am I missing something? Thanks.

more
    • MCRK98's Profile Photo

Cuckoo Clock Flew the Nest

Boppard Mar 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Hello Folks, I purchased a clock from a little gift shop on a street corner in Boppard. It was not the Christmas Shop, I did not know that store at the time. I had it mailed home and it never arrived. I misplaced the documents and now I cannot remember the stores name or phone number.... Please Help, Thanx Mike

more
    • brismith's Profile Photo

Kirchberg Travel Information

Kirchberg Mar 10, 2015 at 6:30 AM

What are the current (2015) hours and days of operation for the Kirchberg Tourism Office, located in the town center? Do they have an email or phone number that they can be contacted at?

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

how do I cruise the river rhine from koblenz

Germany Mar 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Rhine river is really pretty, do you think after I go to Luxembourg, I should take the train to Koblenz then take the cruise up to cologne or down to bingen, what is best route to showcase the beauty of the river?
      need suggestions

thanks you all

more
    • place for fun

Germany Mar 13, 2015 at 6:12 AM

Please assist me local destinations in Germany for having fun?

more
    • Itinerary question 1 week munich

Germany Mar 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM

We arrive MUC on a Sat around 3. Return 8 days later on a Sunday. Must see locations: Salzburg (Sound of Music). beautiful alpine villages and a couple of Ludwig's castles. Thinking of driving for most of trip. Probably need 2 days in Munich (historic area mainly), and 2 full days in Salzburg. Thinking we should keep Munich for the end of trip because otherwise we'd be there on a Sunday, when markets and shops are closed. So question is whether we should drive south to Fussen or east to Salzburg on arrival from overseas flight?
      All suggestions welcome! thank you!

more