Thailand Travel Answers

change location

Stag Party In Thailand

by steve011 Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Hello

My mate is getting married late next year and as the best man I've inherited the duty to organize the stag party.
We got together and have decided to have it over in Thailand but not too sure where the best location in Thailand is to have it. Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya etc etc
We're looking at staying for about 4-6 days so we need some pretty cool activities to keep us busy during the day(s) as well as a good nightlife scene?
Any suggestions would be great
Thanks

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Stag Party In Thailand

by davidjo Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Looks like it will be one hell of a stag party if it's spread over 6 days. Although Bangkok is a great place i would assume that you would want some beach life, so that leaves Pattaya and Phuket, both of which offer the type of bars you would probably be looking for. I would choose Phuket because there are several islands nearby to visit such as PhiPhi, Lanta and tours of Phang Nga Bay, famous for the James Bond Island and other limestone islands. So, lots of night life and enough to keep you busy during the day as you suggested. Phuket is of course further so you could take an overnight bus or one of the many flights that go to that destination. Don't forget when booking some of the local flights leave from the old airport, Don Muang.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Stag Party In Thailand

by steve011 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yeah i know, it should be an amazing experience, it's not until next year so we have plenty of time to save the cash for it.
    Phuket does look like the better option to be honest. Have you been there yourself David? How far away are the nearby islands and does it cost much to get to them?

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM

What time of the year will you be in Thailand? High season is more expensive and some hotels may be fully booked. More tourists during this time.

Do you have any budget restrictions? Are you young backpacker types staying in cheap hostels and counting every baht or have more spending money because you have been working for a while and skimping on spending is not a problem?

You should plan a budget out and know how much you can afford for hotels. Then ask for hotel help in that price range. Sukhumvit Nana area for nightlife, Pattaya Sai Song/Beach Road area for nightlife and malls, etc. For Phuket the Patong area might be a target destination for a night or two.

From Bangkok to Phuket you will have to fly! Bus ride to Phuket is around 12 hours one way. Pattaya is about 2 hours by a cheap bus ride. Phuket has higher priced hotels than Bangkok and Bangkok is more expensive for hotels than Pattaya. If money is no concern then Phuket will have the better beach choices. Pattaya will have the cheapest transportation for tourists at 10 baht. Pattaya also has the cheapest nightlife too.

Money no problem go to Phuket. If you are all kids in school or just out of school maybe research Koh Phangan. Slightly older, don't really care if you actually swim at a beach and a pool will be okay - consider Pattaya.

Any simple Google type search will give you some of the "things to see and do" in various locations.

Your choice.

by davidjo Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Yes i have been to Bangkok many , many times, Pattaya and Phuket too, but the former two are not my type of place as i prefer nature and i live on a beautiful island anyway wuith great beaches so when i go to nearby countries i usually head for the mountains. I guess PhiPhi is 30 / 45 minutes away and Phang Nga Bay is right next to Phuket, don't know the prices these days.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM

package prices to phi phi for a few days from Phuket is 150 usd for two nights, and there are many other great deals. they provide door to door service too with transportation.

cheers tommy x

by steve011 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Haven't got an exact figure on the budget but as we aren't going until around September money isn't really an issue as such, obviously without being too stupid.

Pattaya or Phuket are looking like the best sort of places to go as Bangkok doesn't seem to have much to keep us busy for the days, (after quickly looking on google). Nightlife looks good there though. Found a stag party package for Bangkok as well
    chillisauce.co.uk/stag-weeke...

Actually found a company based in Phuket that organizes stag parties too. You have the option to build your own which is a nice touch, prices seem good as well.
    http://phuketstag.com/

Phi Phi looks amazing too. I think it's going to be Phuket, seems to have everything we're looking for.

I'm pretty sure that i heard that they are going to start doing direct flights from Heathrow to Phuket as well, does anyone now if this is true?

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Emirates has a direct flight from Dubai to Phuket

by davidjo Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Etihad and Qatar have flights from London with a connection in the middle east that goes directly to Phuket but never heard of a direct London Phuket flight yet

by harvieharvie Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Thailand Travel Answer Locations