Thailand Travel Answers

change location

Where to go for extended family holiday in Thailand or Bali?

by ryangodammit Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to organise a trip to Thailand for my mothers 60th birthday this year.
There will be 7 adults and 2 children under 3 years.
We were hoping to find some sort of villa or house or something that would comfortably fit us all, and was cheap!
Originally we were looking at going somewhere out of the way in Bali, but I've been told it's not as cheap as you'd think- if you think otherwise I'd love to know, Bali is probably preferred as it's a little bit closer and we've all been to Thailand before.
Also, 2 of the adults are coming from london, whereas the rest of us are coming from New Zealand, so we're trying to find places that are vaguely in the middle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Where to go for extended family holiday in Thailand or Bali?

by ENDEMIC Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Hey hope u find what u need...I would head to Bali! We are in Thailand Samui...its nice but if you have been then head somewhere else - after all its not that cheap here either - depends where you head to! If you think otherwise- lots of houses for rent now; as peak season is over. TC

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Where to go for extended family holiday in Thailand or Bali?

by xymmot Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:12 AM

No where is cheap, but if you figure out your budget as a guide line would help you narrow down a location., Do seven people avg 50 dollars a day. 350 usd or 11,000 bahts a day time the number of days you are staying and you have the price for a villia that can be found in Hua Hin.....a queit summer retreat place for the King.

cheers tommy x

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo

by SirHalberd Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM

How long will you be in Indonesia or Thailand?

Factor in the cost of plane tickets if one destination is cheaper than another for plane tickets. How are the flights from the UK to Indonesia compared to Thailand?

Will every family member have the same amount of money to pay their share? If you book something too expensive will some relatives be scraping to pay their share? Once you fly all the way to Asia some of your relatives may want to do some exploring on their own. Maybe Thailand will work out better then.

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

if u have not been to Bali, then head there... Bali has become very touristy just so is Thailand... stay somewhere less touristy area in Bali u will surely find something...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Thailand Travel Answer Locations