Thailand Travel Answers

change location
sdq's Profile Photo

I'll be there in mid April 2013 and here is my plan, please advice ?

by sdq Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Arriving in Bangkok for three days or how many days are enough and what to see in my visit than I am planning to move to Phuket stay there for eight days make it my base and covering the nearby Islands as day trips. We are 6 pax with three adults me my friend his wife and three kids 15yrs Boy,14yrs Boy and 13yrs Girl respectively. Hope to get a detailed helpful replies from you guys. Thank you :-)

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: I'll be there in mid April 2013 and here is my plan, please advice ?

by davidjo Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Well Sadiq, just search through the travelers tips on the destination pages and you will find it all there but from my own opinion your family and children will enjoy a boat on the Chao Phraya River, especially at night when the temples and other buildings are illuminated. The Grand Palace is magnificent and well worth a visit. Beautiful colourful buildings in the compound. I am sure your family will also enjoy visiting Chinatown with hundreds, if not 1000's of outlets. In Phuket also check VTers tips. Nearby islands to visit. bangkok.com/top10-attraction... might be of interest to you especially the top 10 kids attractions ENJOY!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Hi, We have been to Bangkok 5 times over the last 10 years, most recent trip 3 weeks ago 6 days Bangkok and 6 days chiang Mai.

The previous answer is excellent - check out the pages of VT members , especially those members who have replied.

Your holiday has to appeal to both adults and children, I recommend you arrange a 1 day tour, either in a mini van for yourselves with a driver. I would suggest you have him take you to Floating Market ( leave hotel at 7am photo on my Bangkok main page, also tips ) then onto the elephant , snake, crocodile & tiger entertainment nearby. Have a snack here. Then back to Bangkok, to see the Grand Palace. At this stage I would ask him to park the mini bus and then take you on one of the large river taxis ( they operate similar to public buses), along the Chayo Praya river, into the Klongs etc, simply marvelous, maybe head to the Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn).

World Travel Services - we book their mini buses www.wts-thailand.com to take us on day trips. email tours@wts-thailand.com

If you are in Bangkok on a weekend visit Chatachuck Weekend Market , amazing - just catch the Skytrain and it takes you to the market - end of line.

Email me should you like further info.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Oh Sadiq, forgot to mention that in mid April 13th- 15th will be the Songkran Festival, more commonly known as the water festival which is actually the Thai New Year where the locals throw water over each other, so prepared to get wet. You cannot say that you don't want to be a part of it as by simply walking down the street you are a part of it!!! Most people make the journey home for these few days holiday and many places close down for the festival,transport might be a problem, so good luck!!

• Re: I'll be there in mid April 2013 and here is my plan, please advice ?

by LowCostatAllCosts Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

The kids (and adults) will definitely like the floating market and, of course, and elephant ride! While you're in Phuket, you should also look into a boat ride that has a scuba/snorkel option. I also did a canoe excursion that explored some pretty cool caves while I was there. I think if you take advantage of the beauty and resources around Thailand, you all won't be able to NOT have a good time!

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Thanks Mike more info will of course be of more help :-)

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Thanks David we did Langkawi and Singapore last year and the kids enjoyed the water sports and the Universal Studios both so we were planning to do the same on a different location.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Thailand Travel Answer Locations