Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• madmark73's Profile Photo

cheap hotel

Austin Jul 12, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Hi guys, back again.

Any idea of a cheap hotel between the Capital and the river? Prefer not to spend much more than $100 per night? Not too fussed by quality as long as it's clean.

Also, is it worth my time looking for somewhere within a mile or so of the south side of the river?

more

cheap hotel

Austin Jul 12, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Hi guys, back again.

Any idea of a cheap hotel between the Capital and the river? Prefer not to spend much more than $100 per night? Not too fussed by quality as long as it's clean.

Also, is it worth my time looking for somewhere within a mile or so of the south side of the river?

2 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • Siena Courtyard at Northborough Dr. Is this part of Greenspoint??

Houston Jul 3, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Hello!! I will be moving in 2 weeks with my boyfriend to Houston, TX. He recently moved to a new apartment at Siena Courtyard, this is located to the Nortg of Northborough Drive. It is very close to Greenspoint (of which I heard terrible things about crimes and auto thefts) but those reviews are old (between 2007 and 2010) how is that area nowdays?? Does anybody know anything about Siena Courtyard? He already signed the lease for 10 months... but I am kind of concerned if I am.living in a bad area.

2 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Houton or Austin

Austin Jul 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

I'll have few in Texas after a trip through Colombia and just looking to relax and hit a few bars.

Houston or Austin, I've just turned 40 but can party with the bets of them....any thoughts?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Houston or Austin

Houston Jul 3, 2015 at 12:34 AM

I'll have few in Texas after a trip through Colombia and just looking to relax and hit a few bars.

Houston or Austin, I've just turned 40 but can party with the bets of them....any thoughts?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    • mm_jacerine's Profile Photo

Where to move in Dallas Texas?

Dallas Jun 29, 2015 at 6:34 AM

My family and I are planning on moving to Dallas. My husband´s job will be at the SouthEast of the Dallas Area. We have two small children and will like to find a safe place to live. We are not planning on buying a house we where thinking on renting an apparment but after reading some comments here I´m afraid of not finding the right neighborhood. Any good suggestions? We don´t care about bars or nightlife, just a nice safe place, maybe close to a park a school and a grocery store, not too fancy and expensive but safe. (Safe being the imperative word :)

5 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • Accommodations for July 4th lakeview of fireworks

Austin Jun 20, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Can you tell me best place stay overnight on the 4th of July 2015to see a big firework show with a lakeview for around 200.if not who can?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    • Amarillo TX

Amarillo Jun 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Is downtown Amarillo Texas safe?
      Where is the best place to stay?

2 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 4:19 PM
    • Housing RENT ! FOR WHOLE SUMMER !

Galveston Jun 3, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Hello to everyone ! We are 6 students and we are looking fast for a house to rent for the whole summer from 15th june until 2 october. This is urgent ! Please help us !

4 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    • Galveston Island beaches--clean or dirty?

Galveston Island Jun 2, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Are they clean and seaweed free or rough and full of seaweed in mid to late June? thanks

5 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 10:11 AM
    • Idanator's Profile Photo

Mexico & USA - How much fuzz?

Texas Apr 19, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Hi, I am an European and an "America-virgin", who is planning a two week vacation to the US with my buddy this summer. The plan is to land in Houston, and rent a car to drive to LA. On the Google Maps-route, numero uno, the route goes through El Paso, TX, which again is fairly close to Juárez, Mexico. And so I am wondering how much hazzle it would be to stop by Juárez? Are there forms to fill, traffic jams etc. and are there any hazzle to get back in the US for us? And is it worth it on such a short vacation?

It would be awesome to take a stop in Mexico, since I haven't been there yet, and I love to explore new pages of the world-book.

And if anybody wants to throw in any suggestions to the rest of the trip, the route is not locked and the tickets hasn't been purchased yet, so feel free to give us some suggestions!

PS. If anybody wants some couch-crashers this summer or wants to hang out, show off your town or what ever, we are pretty down for meeting new people!

In advance - thanks :-)

21 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    • Megafest 2015 Place to Stay

Dallas Apr 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I am a single female and will be travelling from England , UK to attend Megafest . Can anyone recommend cheaper places to stay . I am willing to use Public transport to travel to and fro the American Airlines Centre. I can't afford to pay $1200 for a 5 night stay.

Thank you

4 Answers Apr 9, 2015 at 3:21 AM
    • Car, or No car?

San Antonio Apr 8, 2015 at 6:03 AM

My wife and I are staying at the Crockett in San Antonio for 4 days in early May, and are debating the worth of a rental car.
      We don't mind walking, and are excited to try the B-cycle whether we have a car or not.

Plan A: Car rental = $25/day, plus ~$25/day for parking at hotel = $200 (plus gas & parking cost at whatever destination we'd drive to)
      Plan B: Use taxi or city bus; perhaps taxi or shuttle service from airport.

We've never been to San Antonio but it looks like there is plenty to see and do to keep us busy within a 30 minute walk or bike ride from the Alamo.

11 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 2:46 PM
    • Looking for a good beach spot

Galveston Apr 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Some friends and I would like an easy place to go this Summer where we could rent a condo or small place near the beach and just kick back for a few days with the kids. Galveston is obviously quite popular and the prices I've found are relatively high. Are there any quaint, more lesser known locations near Galveston that would be a good option?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2015 at 11:01 AM
    • daily passes in metro rapid for seniors in Austin, any concessions ?

Austin Mar 30, 2015 at 5:54 AM

There is 50% concessions in Metro Buses ? Is this facility available in Metro rapid ?

2 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 5:36 PM
    • Visiting Dallas for a long weekend

Dallas Mar 26, 2015 at 4:08 PM

We're a group of 6 late 20s and early 30s spending Memorial Day wknd in Dallas. Can we get recommendations on hotels ad places to see? We'd like to partake in the nightlife as well as do tourist type stuff. As for hotel budget we'd like to be under $200/night.

3 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 9:26 PM
    • Clothing for March

Dallas Mar 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM

What clothing/shoes appropriate for Dallas in March?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 10:45 PM
    • Beaches free of oil?

Houston Mar 2, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Are there any nice beaches around Houston that were not affected by the oil spill? I know there's probably none but I figured I'll ask anyway.

6 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    • dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Stopover - What to do

Dallas Feb 28, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Hi All

I have a stopover in Dallas tomorrow for 5 hours. Is there anything you can suggest doing whilst I am there.
      Is it very far to take the Metro into the Downtown area? (if not, how long and what are the costs?)

Also, if I cannot get to the downtown area, are there any places to go to near the airport?

(Reason asking is that regardless of having Emerald (British Airways Gold) Status on one World, American Airlines lounges are utterly RUBBISH where you are handed 2 (if that) drinks vouchers!! NOT what we are accustomed to in Europe).
      So don't want to kill time in a rubbish lounge with overpriced food (as food is not free either) and drinks that you need to pay for.

Thanks for any advice given its much appreciated.
      Regards
      Gareth

13 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

fiesta in last week of April

San Antonio Feb 26, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Which hotels are best to view the fiesta from?

2 Answers May 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    • 3 week vacation from 19th June to 10th July

Texas Feb 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM

My partner and I are in our thirties and will arrive in Dallas on the 19th June, we are looking to hire a car and travel from Dallas to Memphis, from Memphis, to Nashville, from Nashville to New Orleans to Houston, houston to San antonio, from San antonio to big bend and from big bend to Fort Worth ....heading back to Dallas on the 10th for our flight back to Scotland.
      At present I haven't booked any hotels or decided how long to stay in each Area or if this will be our final plan but it's a start.....what I was hoping you guys could do was help me with things to do, is there anywhere we should be going that we have missed or should miss out, how many days in each area, nice restaurants and bars and finally the best place to be for the 4th July celebrations.
      We want to make sure we see the most in our trip but also enjoy every moment so thanks for your help.

4 Answers May 6, 2015 at 9:46 PM
    • We are taking a three week vacation from the 19th June to 10th July 2015

Texas Feb 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM

My partner and I are in our thirties and will arrive in Dallas on the 19th June, we are looking to hire a car and travel from Dallas to Memphis, from Memphis, to Nashville, from Nashville to New Orleans to Houston, houston to San antonio, from San antonio to big bend and from big bend to Fort Worth ....heading back to Dallas on the 10th for our flight back to Scotland.
      At present I haven't booked any hotels or decided how long to stay in each Area or if this will be our final plan but it's a start.....what I was hoping you guys could do was help me with things to do, is there anywhere we should be going that we have missed or should miss out, how many days in each area, nice restaurants and bars and finally the best place to be for the 4th July celebrations.
      We want to make sure we see the most in our trip but also enjoy every moment so thanks for your help.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    • New to Dallas area, where should I visit first with my first visiting guests

Dallas Feb 17, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Moved to the Dallas area a few months ago. Trying to decide where to take my mother and sister when they arrive, for dinner, sightseeing and fun. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 4:05 PM
    • jess.chewter's Profile Photo

October Weather

San Antonio Feb 17, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I am wondering what the weather is like in October in San Antonio and what type of clothing we would need at that time of the year

3 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    • jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Activities in San Antonio

San Antonio Feb 14, 2015 at 9:04 PM

We are going to America in October and will be travelling to San Antonio for a few days (just so my husband can watch Spurs) with our 6 year old and our 5 year old.
      What are some other activities that we can do with them? We were thinking of doing a day trip to Houston to go to the Space Station. Is it doable or worth it?

5 Answers May 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM
    • music outside

Killeen Feb 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM

where in killeen on 2 7 15 will there be music?

• Inexpensive hotel near the George Brown Convention Center???

Houston Jan 27, 2015 at 8:51 PM

I am looking for an inexpensive hotel near the George Brown Convention Center in Houston ($100-$150), or one that has easy access to the convention center with the transport system.

9 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    • safe area to rent an apartment?

San Antonio Jan 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM

I will be moving to san antonio within the next weeks and would like to know what side of san antonio is the safest? and what do i have to look for when renting an apartment?thank you and hope for a quick response

1 Answer Jan 17, 2015 at 2:54 AM
    • things to do with special olympics in mind

El Paso Jan 3, 2015 at 4:06 PM

We are coming to El Paso in March with a delegation from Ohio for the Unified Bowling Tournament. We will have a free day, probably Monday or Tuesday (most likely on Tuesday) our group can move about but with restrictions. What kinds of things might you recommend for our group (15-20 members)?

6 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • temperatures at the end of February?

South Padre Island Jan 1, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Are we likely to have "beach weather" the last week of February?

1 Answer Jan 2, 2015 at 5:41 AM
    • Proposal Idea

Waco Dec 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I'm looking for an outside area that is safe during sunset in Waco to proposal to my girlfriend, any ideas?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 5:32 AM