Texas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need fun activities!

Plano Nov 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Traveling 02/15/15 to the Woga Meet. Is there a gun range that is open to the public? Mom, Dad, and 10yr old boy. Need suggestions on fun things to do and what to wear (weather wise)!

more
    • Needing name of a store in Gruene

Gruene Dec 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hoping someone can help me with the name of a store located on Gruene Road. It is one of the last stores, if not the last, on the right if you are going towards New Braunsfel, the same side as Gruene Hall. It has very eclectic metal art, signs, etc.; and I recall a wall of very inexpensive jewelry.
      Thank you!

more
    • Emorei_19's Profile Photo

Decent areas in Houston to Live

Houston Nov 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hey,
      I am from Detroit MI, and I just moved to Conroe, TX with family. I plan to relocate to Houston but I am unaware of what are good sides of Houston to stay on. I am 19 i work 2 jobs and college part time. I want something nice and cheap but not in a bad area. Please help !!

more
    • operating hours for the Museum of Natural Science

Houston Nov 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM

We were planning a trip to Houston for the Thanksgiving Weekend. I was curious as to what Musems would actually be open on the day after Thanksgiving or even on the Saturday.

more
    • Needing name of a store in Gruene

Gruene Dec 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Hoping someone can help me with the name of a store located on Gruene Road. It is one of the last stores, if not the last, on the right if you are going towards New Braunsfel, the same side as Gruene Hall. It has very eclectic metal art, signs, etc.; and I recall a wall of very inexpensive jewelry.
      Thank you!

2 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    • Emorei_19's Profile Photo

Decent areas in Houston to Live

Houston Nov 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Hey,
      I am from Detroit MI, and I just moved to Conroe, TX with family. I plan to relocate to Houston but I am unaware of what are good sides of Houston to stay on. I am 19 i work 2 jobs and college part time. I want something nice and cheap but not in a bad area. Please help !!

2 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • operating hours for the Museum of Natural Science

Houston Nov 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM

We were planning a trip to Houston for the Thanksgiving Weekend. I was curious as to what Musems would actually be open on the day after Thanksgiving or even on the Saturday.

2 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Need fun activities!

Plano Nov 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Traveling 02/15/15 to the Woga Meet. Is there a gun range that is open to the public? Mom, Dad, and 10yr old boy. Need suggestions on fun things to do and what to wear (weather wise)!

• Live Music

South Padre Island Nov 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Where can I locate a description of entertainers in south padre island, tx?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2014 at 2:35 PM
    • Dallas Neighborhood: Is Park Row a decent place to live?

Dallas Oct 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hello, I am in need of some well thought out answers!

A little back story...
      I am moving from Los Angeles to Dallas with my fiancé. We're aware that the upscale neighborhoods more central to Dallas are University Park and Highland Park, but unfortunately the homes there are out of our budget. We've explored surrounding suburbs, but we live in a very central location now so I'm used to city living. I also really loathe driving longer than 20 minutes :)
      I need to know if it is TRULY the case that anything south of the city center is unsafe. I get the impression that some of these opinions have to do with race, and possibly the fact that some may have a different mentality of what makes them feel unsafe or uncomfortable. The way some speak about this place reminds me of how people here in LA talk about Compton, which really is known by ALL as a scary place that I would never under any circumstances visit. Is this area of Dallas really as bad as they make it sound?

I currently live in the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park area of LA. There's a combination of apartments, multi-million dollar homes, and shopping. Here, if you go a few blocks east or south and it can get less desirable. Even still, in this sought after neighborhood, I see just as many homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches or collecting recyclables in their carts. One of the residents in the apartment complex we currently live in is suspected of dealing drugs. Plenty of other undesirable things happen here that come with living in a central part of town. This doesn't make me feel unsafe...it is just a part of city life.

We have our eyes locked on a lovely historical house, in the South Blvd/Park Row neighborhood just East of the 45 and South of the 30 Freeway. I believe It's near the Forest Theater. Every home in this neighborhood looks well kept with nicely manicured lawns and landscaping. It shows the neighborhood crime rate as low on Trulia, but with a higher crime rate in the surrounding areas. Is it considered up and coming?

We will most likely be doing our shopping in Highland/University Park because that's where the Trader Joe's is and is of course, the nicer part of town. But I wouldn't mind living in a cheaper area that is up and coming, if that is the case. Also, does anyone know about the resale value of these homes?

Any and all information will help. Please give answers based on facts and not race please! I've read some unfriendly posts regarding race in certain areas and that's just not how I base my opinions of safe/unsafe neighborhoods.

Thanks, everyone! :)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • JoeShen's Profile Photo

Deducting Travel Expenses from Taxes

Houston Oct 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I live in Houston and plan to invest out of state. To get started, I am planning to visit 2-3 cities for a day or two to learn more about the areas and view properties.

My question is, since I'm travelling for business purposes, could I deduct my travel costs as a business expense?

If so, what do I need to set up in order to accomplish this?

Thanks.

7 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 6:44 PM
    • Cougar Dens

Austin Sep 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Headed to Austin for business. Best cougar den in NW Austin around Arboretum Embassy Suites?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • Getting to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi Sep 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Hi,

I would like to visit Corpus Christi sometime in June,however i can't find any direct flights from the U.K.-a any or must one stop in Houston,Dallas or San Antonio? Also,are there any direct trains to Corpus Christi from Houston,Dallas or San Antonio?

Thanks,

David

3 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • MichelleJ82's Profile Photo

Need A Day Out!

Waxahachie Sep 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Hello,
      My name is Michelle I am from Arlington Texas and my boyfriend is from Corsicana, and wanted to know if you would please help us. We would like to meet up in Waxahachie, but do not know ANYTHING about the area. We are looking for something crafty to do like paint ceramics or something, and Restaurant that isn't 5 star but not fast food either would you be able to help direct us, please? We are Scheduling Our Date For September 26th Between 1pm-9pm. :)
      -Thank You!

4 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • nightlife Wednesday night

Dallas Sep 9, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Two single females 30 ish in age are looking for a decent priced hotel (100ish) with a fun night life near by. Walking if possible. Any suggestions it's for tomorrow night?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    • Dog friendly attractions

South Padre Island Sep 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM

We will be vacationing here with our 2 yr Snow Lab. We do have lodging arranged that is dog-friendly, but are looking for other things, beside the beach, that we can do with our dog. Thank you!

1 Answer Sep 5, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    • QUESTIONS ABOUT WICHITA FALLS, TX

Wichita Falls Sep 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Going to be in Wichita Falls this weekend and wanted to make the most of it. Any recommendations on hotels? Is the flea market nice? Any must sees or places to avoid? Thanks ahead of time for your input!

1 Answer Sep 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • MuratU's Profile Photo

Hotel or B&B Recommendations

Austin Aug 31, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Austin in late September. Any recommendations in terms of accommodation ($100-150/night) in downtown area, SoCo or 6th street, will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

What part of Dallas is best for me to stay

Dallas Aug 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I want to go to the Potters House at 6777 West Kiest Boulevard
      Dallas, Texas 75236, and the Dallas REIA which is at 5290 belt line road. Do tours pick up at these locations?
      Is there bus and train in these areas? I hate driving.

• Public transport from Ship port to airport (IAH) Houston

Houston Aug 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM

How, on public transport, do I get from the port (ships) at 4700 Cruise Rd., Pasadena, to George Bush (IAH) airport? Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • South Padre Newbie

South Padre Island Aug 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Never been to South Padre. Where is the best beach location? East or west side of island? Cleanest beach. Thanks

1 Answer Aug 15, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • Kids play at stewart beach in Galveston

Galveston Aug 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM

is there a playground at stewart beach in galveston?

2 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Oak Cliff area

Dallas Aug 10, 2014 at 7:13 PM

is Oak Cliff as bad as I hear?

5 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    • KaitlynM's Profile Photo

Austin Grand Prix

Austin Aug 10, 2014 at 7:01 PM

My friend Melissa and I have a desire to go to the Austin Grand Prix for Halloween weekend, but not sure where to start. Tickets? Hotels? Etc.

Any recommendations??

Thanx!

1 Answer Aug 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • dallas shopping

Dallas Aug 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM

where are the best places to shop in dallas without being expensive.looking for budget friendly in jewelry, clothing,etc. coming from okla. first time in dallas .love sterling silver jewelry.

• water gardens in fort worth tx

Fort Worth Aug 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I want to hold a memorial service here for my Uncle ,he loved the outdoors. Would this place be appropriate for that?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • Parking car in El Paso

El Paso Aug 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM

My husband is from Mexico and is coming to Juarez for his interview for his visa. I want to drive to El Paso and leave my car, ride a taxi into Juarez. We will stay approximately one week and if he gets his visa we both will ride a taxi back into USA. Is this possible?

1 Answer Aug 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • august vacation plan

Kingsville Jul 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM

looking to take the Wife and 2 teen girls someplace for old style camping and cookouts like the cowboys did. got anything like that? tour type thing?

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Fun things to do for a single lady on a Saturday

Waco Jul 25, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I will likely have an afternoon in Waco tomorrow, and haven't really visited. Any suggestions? I am up for something new, fun and different. I really do not care to see museums, historical houses, or anything sports-related. ;)

Thanks,
      Jessica

• Bikes on the suspension bridge

Waco Jul 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Can you ride your bike across the Waco Suspension Bridge & are bikes allowed on the Riverwalk trail?

• Waco hotels

Waco Jul 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Where would you recommend staying in Waco?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • Safe area around Globe Life Stadium?

Arlington Jul 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

We are coming to watch the Rangers-Yankees later this month with our three young kids. We have never been to the Dallas/Arlington area and I was just wondering if there are any suggestions or concerns regarding the area around the ballparks? I have read a lot of comments about the safety/crime in Arlington but wanted feedback from those who know this area and could provide some travel suggestions. Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Souvenir shoo name.

South Padre Island Jul 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM

What is the name of the souvenir shop that has the giant mermaid on the side of the building?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • What to see in the park July 4th weekend

Caddo Lake State Park Jul 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We love nature photography are planning a trip to east Texas this coming weekend. We were wondering what the chances of good photo ops would be.

3 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM