change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Teruel ... second part

by nomad7890 Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

OK, all was going well. Madrid -> Valencia, then Teruel from there. Then I priced a driver from Valencia to Albarracin - wow ... 500 Euro to stay 4 hours! No, don't think so. It's a much shorter drive from Teruel to Albarracin.

So back to the drawing board. Thinking now about staying at the Parador in Teruel. Two km. from the center - there has to be a taxi (yes, parador people said to take taxi from train station).

Any problems / logistics issues with staying at the Parador? (I know it's a 3 start ... looks better than other options)

Now the question is ... any good ideas to get a driver to go to Albarracin?

Oh, and every nice thing about the Renfe site that I said? I take it back! They broke it with those little guys running all over the place. Wow, why did the ruin it.

So ... any ideas on how to find a driver? Bus to Albarracin? Found one bus from Teruel, but no email contact

6 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Teruel in August - transportation and general questions

by nomad7890 Online Now Jun 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I am researching taking a short trip to Teruel from Madrid.

1. Is there a good bus link? Looks like the main connection from Madrid is Zaragoza and the one trail I would take is at 16:00 - other train is too late.

2. Is one day enough to see the main area of Teruel?

3. Can it be seen without a car? (are there taxi's?)

4. Anyone familiar with the hotels - looking at the Parador (8 km. away) and the Hotel Isabel de Segura (only one TA review) - any other recommendations? There's another one called La Alqueria, but looks too far.

I'm not looking for night time activities, just for a nice place to explore and walk around.

10 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM
    • anyone been to teruel?

by michellemcka Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 3:03 PM

hello, can anyone give their opinion on this place. Have been looking for a real spanish holiday home to buy for some time and am interested in finding out more about this place. Want something like what Mojacar would have been like years ago before turned into tourist trap. Has anyone been that can advise - holiday home would be for relaxation in real spain; not wild nights out etc. Are there places to eat, drink etc? Would appreciate advice from anyone who has visited this area - or better still anyone who owns property there already. Thanks, Michelle.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2005 at 6:25 AM