Terrigal Travel Answers

change location
grahamNI's Profile Photo

Where to stay for a week by the sea?

by grahamNI Online Now May 1, 2005 at 5:34 AM

Hi, 4 adults visiting in mid November 05.... we have 10 days to enjoy after venturing to Sydney, Melbourne and Alice. We could prob. do with more days in Sydney, but we also like the idea of a few days, or more, by the sea and I recall some lovely little places near to Lake Macquarie, which we visited a couple of years ago on the way back from the Hunter Valley.

Hotel, motel or apartment...... no children and all we really want is a restful time and to potter around the area and enjoy. Prob. will go back to the Hunter Valley as 2 of the group havent been before.

All suggestions/advice welcome, many thanks in advance.

Graham.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

RE: Where to stay for a week by the sea?

by colin_bramso Online Now May 1, 2005 at 7:59 PM

Hi Graham,
    Quite a few hotels & motels in Terrigal itself, plus more in adjoining suburbs a few minutes away. Five star Crowne Plaza and The Clan are both on the beach, Country Comfort is a hundred metres from the beach, Terrigal Pacific Motel a bit further. There are also plenty of houses and apartments for holiday lets, plus B&Bs. You should find what you need on one of these:
    http://terrigal.stays.com.au
    www.clan.com.au
    www.terrigalsails.com.au
    central-coast-accommodation....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aYankinSyd's Profile Photo

RE: Where to stay for a week by the sea?

by aYankinSyd Online Now May 3, 2005 at 5:45 PM

Hey Graham -

Good one on Terrigal - lovely spot. I stayed at the above mentioned Terrigal Sails - was a charming little place, hot tub for two in the room as well. Super close to the beach.

On the way to the beach, I came across the most charming little place...it only has 6-7 rooms, private little pool, whole place is decked out like a Balinese hut. Probably 30 metres from the beach...http://www.beachhutterrigal.com.au

I did plenty of drinks at the Crowne Plaza mentioned above...nice that the rooms are all on the beach with views, but it's another HUGE hotel. Not much charm...

Enjoy! Mike

• grahamNI's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to stay for a week by the sea?

by grahamNI Online Now May 4, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Hi, thanks for that, really like the sound of the Balinese hut!

Have also just had a look at Qantas, and we can fly up to Townsville the day after our return from Alice, and then catch the ferry to Magnetic Island for a few days, around 5.

Was thinking that we could continue with the seaside theme with a few days in/near Terrigal and the Hunter Valley...........

We may well be mad and I suspect that we may be trying to do far too much, but what the hell, we can always chill out, in between the flying!

Cheers, Graham.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines