Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sorrento to Minturno commonwealth War Graves

Minturno Oct 4, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Hi we are staying in Sorrento in a few days time and would like to viist a relatives grave at Minturno. Looking for advice on best way to get there. Considering car hire for the 4 days in Sorrento and maybe driving to Rome via MInturno and then using trains for rest of holiday and onto Venice.Is there a good alternative , Can we get to MInturno by train , bus and how eay is it to get from the train station to the war cemetry ? If we go by train can we travel onto Rome is there anywhere to leave luggage whilst at the cemetry?Any advice would be much appreciated , we are thinking of going to MInturno on our last day in sorrento as it seems to make sense to do this on our way to Rome ?

• Is Rome taxi-airports-transfer familiar ?

Rome Sep 14, 2015 at 3:30 AM

I´ve been thinking of pre-ordering minivan transportation for my family of 5 from FCO to our holiday apartment. Has anyone used company called taxi-airports-transfer ? Price seems to be cheapest and they answer emails very quickly.

• which neighborhood to stay

Rome Oct 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM

looking for opinions on which area I should stay in.
      I like to be able to come back to my hotel/apartment for some good not too expensive food and also like to be close to a convenient transportation stop to go sightseeing. I usually prefer to stay near the old historical area but during my research it seems the metro is very limited.and i am not familiar with how the buses work.
      so looking for some suggestions

• Vatican or colosseum tour?

Rome Sep 22, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Hello, we have a very limited time in Rome and wanted to tick off a few major sites with our 3 kids and my parents (group of 7). We are thinking of organising a guide through our hotel, for time management purposes. So I'm hoping someone can recommend whether we use the guide for a tour of the Vatican or of the colosseum area? Thank uou

• Vatican Musuem or Borghese?

Rome Sep 21, 2015 at 7:50 AM

We only have time for one museum. Which would be best Vatican or Borghese museum? We particularly like sculptures.

• Andrei_fromMoskva's Profile Photo

Ticket for the train from FCO airport

Rome Sep 10, 2015 at 8:18 AM

I found the FL1 train is very good to get to Rome city center. Does it cost 8€?

But it doesn't go to Termini. The FL5 train goes to Termini from the Trastevere station, where the FL1 stops. The question is if the ticket bought for the FL1 is valid (as it valid 90 minutes) for the FL5?

And does it cost 8 or 11€?

• Things to do at/near Fiumicino on a Sunday?

Rome Sep 7, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Is there much to see or do either at Da Vinci airport on close by on a Sunday? Is anything open on a Sunday, other than beach clubs in Ostia? Our shuttle from Civitavecchia will arrive before noon and out flight out will be at 3:15. We do not want to go into Rome, as we will have spent time there a few weeks earlier.

• Colosseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill

Rome Sep 14, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Short notice, I know, but we are leaving tomorrow, 15 September! We have 2 days in Rome and hope to visit The Colosseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill using the E12/48hr combined ticket. We hope to see all 3 on the some day but only have about 5 hours. Is it possible to buy the combined ticket from the Palatine entrance on Via di Gregorio (where I believe queues may be shorter) and then not go in but go to the Colosseum with our pre-paid ticket and just join the queue for security checks. Then after the Colosseum, visit the Forum and Palatine Hill.

What I should like to know is whether you can get out from the ticket office at Palatine and go to the Colosseum, or whether you are 'forced' to enter the Palatine and, if we do not have time to visit both the Forum and Palatine on the first day, whether we can visit the other one the next day? I have heard that when you visit either the Forum or Palatine that this counts as one visit and you cannot have entry to the other site separately at another time.

I should be very grateful for any advice anyone can offer me, despite the 18 hour window!

Many thanks.

• KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Galleria Borghese tickets

Rome Sep 9, 2015 at 6:14 AM

Hi all,
      In my effort to pre-purchase tickets for visiting Galleria Borghese there is a seating plan

where I have to choose seats. I do not understand the reason to do so. An explanation would be very useful as well as which seats (2) should I choose.

Thank you in advance,

• Karlithus's Profile Photo

Transportation from FCO to appartment

Rome Sep 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Hello! Going to Rome next week I am now evaluating the best way to go from FCO airport to my appartment, which is on Via Monterone, near Campo de' Fiori.
      From what I understand I have three options:

• Train - Which would have to be the Leonardo Express, since the FR1 does not stop on Termini which is a good way to catch the bus 40
      • Bus
      • Taxi

I already excluded the Bus option as, even it is way cheaper, takes too long to reach my appartment.

The train option is ok. We would have to go to Termini Station and then catch the Bus 40 to get to our appartment. The overall cost of this for 2 persons would be 31€, if the prices I saw are correct.

And then there's the taxi option! I read that the taxis have a fixed fare for travels betweem FCO and Rome Centre, which would apply to me. My doubt here is how much is that fare. I already saw 40€ and saw 48€. For example:

So, I would choose the taxi option, as it is only 9€ more than the train option (if it is the 40€ fare) and surely way more confortable and fast.

Do you know what is the correct current fixed price fare? Are the prices for the train and bus I found updated? Which option would you take?

Thank you so much guys, have a good day!