change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• beebee9's Profile Photo

Angels & Demons tour

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What company would you suggest we do Angels & Demons tour with? Are they all pretty much the same?

more
    • Independant Tour Operators

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM

We're sailing from Barcelona, Spain this summer. The tours that Royal Caribbean offers are quite expensive. Are there independent tour operators at the port who are cheaper that cruise line tours and, if so, do they speak English?

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

Looking for the site of the Roma Mormon temple

Rome Apr 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hello :) We are headed to Roma this weekend and would like to visit the site of the Mormon temple that is under construction there, but I cannot find its location on Mormon.org. I know the church kind of likes to keep the location of its new temples under wraps until they are open to the public, so I'm hoping that someone who has seen the new site or lives in Rome and knows where it is could share its location so that we can visit while we are there. Does anyone know where it is?

Thank you so much :D
      Karen

more
    • Roman Coliseum and the Roman Fever

Rome Mar 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I read in Henry James' novella "Daisy Miller" about Daisy contracting the Roman Fever by being in the coliseum at night. Of course, the setting of that story is in the 1870s, and it is fiction. But I was wondering: 1) What the rules were for public access to the coliseum at night now; and 2) Are there stories or local tales associating this Roman Fever and the Coliseum?

more
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Direct train from Rome to Malpensa airport Milan

Rome Mar 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Is there a direct train from Rome to Malpensa airport Milan? If so, what train station in Rome does it leave from?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

4 days Rome and Pompeii

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I have allocated 4 days 4 nights for Rome and Pompeii for my 11 days Italy tour, have some specific questions

1. Is it better to stay all 4 nights in Rome and make a day trip to Pompeii? I was thinking 3 night stay in Rome, then 1 night in Pompeii (heading Florence next). Which is better?

2. Is it better better to get the Omnia Vatican and Rome Card or the Roma Pass? I have checked the website and they look similar to me - looking for some feedback from people who purchased and used them previously

3. Any specials on certain days to take note of? I should be arriving on a Wednesday morning.

4. How are the trains route like - i.e. better to travel day time or night time? Are the train rides scenic (Rome-Pompeii-Florence-Milan-Venice)

Any useful tips would be appreciated. Thanks :)

more
    • kbaum1608's Profile Photo

How do I book an advance train ticket if I'm not Italian?

Rome Apr 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Hello! I am trying to book the 2 for 1 Saturday fare from Termini to Florence via the TrenItalia website, but it says I need a login name to do so. To receive a login name, it needs an Italian address, but I am from the US. My Italian is not good enough to see what I need to do via the TrenItalia site. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to book these fares online in advance? I'm afraid the tickets will be gone if we wait. Thank you :)

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

Vatican and rome card

Rome Apr 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Hi , i will be in Rome from Jun 25 till jun 28 for 3 nights . As i will be visiting the usual tourist sights like The vatican , colosseum , ... Is it worth my while to buy the Vatican /Rome card

thankyou Virtual tourist

more
    • BangBen's Profile Photo

36 hours in Rome

Rome Mar 28, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be in Rome this April. But I only have couple hours there. I have some questions:
      1. Could you please share what to visit in Rome beside Vatican (of course)?
      2. What is the best way to visit those places? Metro, bus, taxi, walk? I'll stay in Vaticano Prati.
      3. Please also inform me how to reach the hotel from airport and vice versa.

Thanks a lot,

more
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Free entrance to Vatican Museums

Rome Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Here mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-I... I've seen the info that on the last Sunday of month the entrance is free of charge. Are there a lot of people this day? Is it worth to go there this day or it's better to buy a ticket online for another day? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Metro in Rome

Rome Mar 26, 2014 at 3:36 AM

If we choose to use the Metro when travailing from the airport to our apartment rental. Is there room on the trains for our luggage? Will be arriving early in the morning at about 5:30

Will the metro be busy at that time?

more
    • three days in rome

Rome Apr 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hi ! We are going to stay in rome for three days from 17may to 20 may . What are the major tourist attractions in rome we should cover ? How many places can we see in three days given that we are living in trastevere area

more
    • Accomodation in Rome

Rome Mar 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Hello, I’m Sylwia. I’m from Poland, studying in Cracow :) I’m 22 years old. With 4 friends I’m going to the canonization of John Paul II. We had arranged accommodation, but recently found out that we can not stay where we planned. We have a problem-we will spend 5 nights in Rome, and we do not have somewhere to sleep, we do not have too much money for hotels ... Do you know any alternative ways of accommodation? We do not need much-just a piece of the floor. Maybe some of you who live in Rome, would like to take home 5 Polish pilgrims? Help, please ... I'm sorry for language mistakes, I do not speak fluent English :)

Ciao, sono Sylwia. Sono polacca, studio a Cracovia. :) Ho 22 anni. Con 4 amici stanno andando alla canonizzazione di Giovanni Paolo II. Noi avevamo organizzato alloggio, ma recentemente scoperto che non possiamo stare dove abbiamo programmato. Abbiamo un problema, passeremo 5 notti a Roma, e non abbiamo un posto dove dormire, non abbiamo troppi soldi per alberghi ... Sapete eventuali mezzi alternativi di sistemazione? Non abbiamo bisogno di tanto- solo un pezzo del pavimento. Forse alcuni di Voi che vivono a Roma, vorrebbe portare a casa 5 pellegrini polacchi? Aiutatemi, per favore ... Mi dispiace per gli errori di lingua, non parlo perfettamente l'italiano :)

more
    • B&B Recommendations Needed

Rome Mar 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Hey Guys,

We will be in Rome for 3 nights (Apr 30 - May 3) over the, what I hear is, extremely busy May 1st celebrations with hundreds of thousands of people. Yikes! Hope it's not too crowded while we're there. I see there are ~1000 hotels and about ~1000 B&Bs to pick from. Kinda overwhelming.

Just looking for your opinions on a B&B for us (early 30s Canadian couple). Looking for something that has character, something "Italian" (yes, whatever that is!), hopefully something quiet/romantic but still accessible to the main sights of Rome (or a closeby metro/public transit).

If you can think of any that come to mind, please let me know.
      Thanks!

more
    • Where can I buy a designer mens suit?

Rome Apr 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I'll be in Rome for 3 days and want to buy a good designer men's suit.

Is there an up-market department store somewhere in the centre that has lots of different brands in it - like Selfridges or Harvey Nichols in London, or Macy's/Bloomingdale's/Barney's in New York??

Or is there a street that has all the major designers on it?? Money/price isn't a restriction.

Thanks!

more
    • Castel Gandolfo Papal Garden tour

Castel Gandolfo Apr 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM

We are excited to find tickets for the new Papal Garden tour at Castel Gandolfo. Now we are trying to figure out how to get there for a 08:30 tour. A train is scheduled to arrive at 08:06 from Termini, will it give us enough time to get to the entrance? mv.vatican.va/1_CommonFiles/... only says to 'follow the sign for town center, 15 minutes on foot'. Is it really that easy? I am nervous that I won't be able to find it. Please help. Thank you.

more
    • Getting from Trevi Fountain to Vatican

Rome Apr 13, 2014 at 3:57 AM

In a few months time my wife and I will be in Rome. We are staying in a hotel close to the Trevi fountain. We have booked an early morning tour of the Sistine Chapel and have to be at the meeting point (on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi) at 7:15am. I was wondering the best way to get there at that time of the morning. Someone told me it is only a 20 minute walk from the fountain to the Vatican. Is that correct? Would it be safe walking in that area at that time of the morning?
      TIA

more
    • day tours near Rome

Rome Apr 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

We are a group of 4 traveling to Rome mid May. We would like some suggestions on how to find an English speaking tour guide/tour for day trips. Any advise?

more
    • Trekki's Profile Photo

Rome experts: which is your most favourite gelateria?

Rome Apr 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hello hello :-)

a former colleague will be in Rome in a week and she looks forward to daily gelato :-)
      I already looked at the ice cream guides on our Rome travel guide but wanted to ask envertheless:
      which is your favourite gelateria?
      And links to your tips please :-)

Ingrid

more