Tengger Caldera Travel Answers

change location

transportation from surabaya airport to mt bromo

by anniejpn Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I am wondering if we coming from Surabaya airport to Mt Bromo how we get there by bus? and how many hour to travel up to mt bromo as our will arrive on 1230pm

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • slamet's Profile Photo

Re: transportation from surabaya airport to mt bromo

by slamet Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM

hi...hopefully I can help you,from surabaya airport you go by taxi to Purabaya Bus Station and choose bus to Banyuwangi and stop at Probolinggo Bus Station,than you take minibus direction to Bromo,try to arrive at Probolinggo Bus Station before 1 PM cause not many Minibus go to Bromo after 1PM.actually you still get the transport but the price is more expensive,find hotel for spend the night and Jeep to go to Penanjakan at 3 AM and see Sunrise tour and than you could climb to Bromo.ask the hotel staff about Jeep. if you have much time,i think you should Visit Ijen Crater and Stay at Kalianyar Village Sub District of Tamanan, in this village you could see many interesting activity and traditional Music. so, have a nice Trip to East Java,
    regards,
    slam

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kschew's Profile Photo

by kschew Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I just returned from Bromo last week. Hopefully I can contribute to this forum with my memory still freshed. The other member, slamet, has provided much info, but here are further details...

From Surabaya airport, take Damri bus to Purabaya bus terminal in Bungurasih. I think the bus only leaves the airport when it is full, so you may need to wait a while. The trip from Purabaya to Probolinggo takes about 2 1/2 hours by express bus (called Patas in Indonesian). By the time you reach Probolinggo it is probably 4pm already. I am afraid you need to charter a minibus to get to Ngadisari or Cemara Lawang on the same day.

Do note that minibuses stop at the street outside public bus terminal in Probolinggo.

Should you decide to spend one night at Probolinggo, I recommend Hotel Bromo Permai. You can proceed to Bromo the next morning.

Good luck :)

• duit_d's Profile Photo

by duit_d Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM

• titanfatahilah's Profile Photo

by titanfatahilah Online Now May 12, 2011 at 11:25 PM

just visit at www.radentitan.blogspot.com it is containing guide to visit mt bromo

• Re: transportation from surabaya airport to mt bromo

by NickPshyco Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM

if you need help about transportation from surabaya airport or from malang, hopefully i can help you.
    you can contact my phone number +6282231737000 or you can mesage to my facebook https://www.facebook.com/NickyYosafat u can ask about the price etc
    i will give the best service to mt.bromo, start of the airport and than search for hotels or inn to rest and then take you to a place where you will get a good spot at Mt.Bromo like desert, grasslands, lava bromo, sunrise and other great places in mt.Bromo.
    have a nice trip to east java.
    regards,
    nick transport :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines