Tengger Caldera Travel Answers

change location
kschew's Profile Photo

Bromo Sunrise Tour - how cold can it get

by kschew Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM

After months of gathering information, I am finally ready to go to Mt Bromo (later this month). I would like to know how cold can it get early in the morning. I presume that I will be on top of Mt Penanjakan.

Seriously, winter clothing takes up too much space, LOL...

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

Bromo Sunrise Tour - how cold can it get

by kiwi Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Just take a Down jacket that squishes up real small and is very light. But when opened and fluffed up, it keeps you very warm. Just put it over your summer clothes :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pangaeatours's Profile Photo

Re: Bromo Sunrise Tour - how cold can it get

by pangaeatours Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Hello
    If you are from a cold climate then it wont be so bad for you. I am not from a cold climate and i was freezing. The last time i went there i stayed at the best hotel closest to Bromo. The rooms did not have a heater and i was cold in the bed. Outside at 4am when the tour begins is basically the coldest time before sunrise. You drive in old landcruisers with no heat. The point is it is very cold. You can check temps but i think it is close to freezing. You dont need winter clothing so much as you need quality layers. Long sleeve sweat shirt with long sleeve shirt underneath then a t shirt for example. So the only extra thing will be the sweatshirt. The others you will use later. You can also use the sweatshirt on the flight to keep warm. Most important is to have a warm hat and gloves and you will be alright. You can lose 10% of your body heat through your head. People dont think it can be cold in Indonesia but it can be.
    Brian

• kschew's Profile Photo

by kschew Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Thanks, kiwi and pangaeatours.

I am from warm country too. How about renting jackets there? I learned that this is possible, but I am concerned of quality...

• titanfatahilah's Profile Photo

by titanfatahilah Online Now May 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I suggestion you to bring leather jacket or parasit jacket make it double because in the night very cold

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines