Tengger Caldera Travel Answers

change location
peisia's Profile Photo

Help! mt bromo and others

by peisia Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Hi there,
Hope you will be able to help me :

* I'm planning to stay around jln jaksa in jakarta. Does anyone knows any good travel agent to recommend and do you have the email address? I would like to
check the schedule and fares for flights from jakarta to jogja.

* If I am taking DAMRI bus from airport, shld I go down at gambir station? From gambir station, shld I hail a cab to jln jaksa? We will have a medium size luggage with us

* Hostel in Jalan Jaksa - Has anyone stayed in Tator or Djodi before? Do you have their email and how much is the standard double room with aircond? Is these the best place to stay in jln jaksa for ppl with limited budget? We are looking for a clean standard room with aircond and attached bath.

* What will be the best way to visit Mt bromo from Jogja?
* Does the bus stops at probolinggo and then change another bus to cemoro lawang? How long is the journey and what time the bus depart from jogja?

* Is it good to rent a jeep to pernanjakan, and then continue on to bromo crater either by horse or walk?
* Is platform 1 or 2 better view in pernanjakan?
* What time is the earliest bus depart from mt bromo area back to surabaya? I need to catch a 6.30pm flight out.
* Does anyone know the best budget hostel (best view, best price, clean) to stay in bromo and what is the price?
* What is the difference between cafe lava and lava view lodge?

My plan :
Day 1 - Arrive Jakarta
Day 2 - Tour jakarta, take nite flight to jogja
Day 3 - Borobudur/Prambanan
Day 4 - Jogja
Day 5 - Jogja
Day 6 - Bus to bromo
Day 7 - Mt bromo
Day 8 - Back to surabaya to catch 6.30pm flight

Sorry for too many questions.

Many many thanks in advance!!
Cheers and Happy 2006!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • skyb88's Profile Photo

Help! mt bromo and others

by skyb88 Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 12:25 AM

1)Travel Agent in Jakarta : Dwivindo Tour (Ms. Lina) Ph : +62-21-3447338
    Her email's address : wong_weily@yahoo.com
    2)Better if you go down on in front of Gambir Train Station then take "Blue Bird" taxi to Jalan Jaksa. It's not far from Gambir Station
    3)I think you can go to Mount Bromo by Travel Car. They will take you until in front of the hotel where you will stay in Mount Bromo Area
    4)Yes, it is good to rent Jeep or hire horse to take you to the top of mountain
    Choose that you like to do
    5)Better you take Travel car to take you go to Surabaya, since they will take you to the hotel

Have a nice trip,
    Rini

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines