change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SuzanneW6's Profile Photo

Hotel Panorama Bungalow Resort El Gouna in El Gouna

Egypt Yesterday

Can anybody please tell me what bungalow I need to book at this hotel to get direct access into the water from balcony

more
    • snorkeling

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM

which hotel in sharks bay has the best jetty for snorkeling?

more
    • tips to travel from luxor to marsa alam

Marsa al `Alam Jul 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Hello, i d like to go from luxor to marsa alam by bus or private car, what's the best, do you know any company that provide transportation private or public ?
      tks for your answer

more
    • December Naama Bay

Sharm El Sheikh Yesterday

Hi me and my bestfriend are travelling december the 1st this year, we have never been before and are unsure what to expect, will it be hot enough to tan?
      anything we need to be aware of thanks

Tanzi and Bex

more
    • sharm holiday

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Looking to stay at savoy on all inclusive is it worth booking it before we travel or cheaper in resort.

more
    • Boat trips

Hurghada Jun 29, 2014 at 4:15 AM

I am coming out to Hurghada for a weeks holiday and would like to take a boat trip whilst there. Could you give me an indication of the the prices for taking a boat trip ?

more
    • SuzanneW6's Profile Photo

wonderful time

Hurghada Jul 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Just got back from my 2 week holiday in Hurghada stating at the titanic alace what w great time we had lovely weather lovely hotel i am going to try el gouna next year

more
    • Pyramids on christmas

Cairo Jul 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM

It is possible to visit the Pyramids on 25th december (Christmas day)?
      Thanks!

more
    • abdusmad's Profile Photo

friends share

Egypt Jun 28, 2014 at 1:53 AM

i will travel to cairo egypt on agust- who share with me

more
    • ballon ride

Luxor Jul 17, 2014 at 3:39 AM

is the ballon ride safe? and how much should i pay?

more
    • Need a trip partner to Hurghada

Egypt Jul 17, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi everyone , I'm planning to go to Hurghada in the last two weeks of September and I'm wondering if anyone want to join the adventure with me .

more
    • how unbearable will the August heat be in cairo?

Egypt Jul 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Hi all,
      I will be visiting cairo in a weeks time for 2 months with my family. As the holiday approaches we are now becoming worried with fear that the august heat will be completely unbearable to cope with. Living in London means we rarely ever see such hot climates so it will be a completely new experience for us all. Does anyone have any advice on how we could cope with such conditions? Also on past experience do you think the hot weather will stop us from enjoying the holiday?

more
    • Egypt Money

Egypt Jul 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM

How much money do i need to go to Egypt and its just my male friend and I

more
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

cost for horse riding at the pyramids in the evening

Cairo Jul 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM

how much is the cost for horse riding at the pyramids?
      what time is the pyramid show and how long?
      where can I take a short boat ride for an hour to view the river Nile and how much will it cost
      Thank you

more
    • how safe to travel now?

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Is it safe to go with my famly? I am travelling this week !!

more
    • Eve520's Profile Photo

Looking for travel partner in Egypt from July 26-Aug 10th, 2014

Egypt Jul 2, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I planed an 14 day trip which covers upper and lower egypt, as well as the red sea. If you are interested, please check out my page, i have posted my detail trip plan there.

more
    • from Cairo to Luxor

Egypt Jun 30, 2014 at 12:14 PM

hello,

is it for the moment possible to travel over land from Cairo ( Saqqara, Memphis, Abydos, Dendera) to Luxor?
      Is it safe for two persons to travel in that region?

Many thanks for your answer

more
    • MatthewG11's Profile Photo

Safety in Egypt

Egypt Jul 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Is it safe to travel to Egypt now?

more
    • Worried about money !

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM

hey,, is 600$ enough for 8 days ? i am going in 4 days !! thanks

more
    • So worried about holiday

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Booked last minute and paid for holiday but have now researched on Internet and am worried we will be like prisoners in hotel cos of security and recommended no go areas. Too late to cancel and should be looking forward to a week away but am in fact almost dreading it. Any advice from anybody in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Nefertari's tomb

Luxor Jul 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Is Nefertari's tomb open yet, that is for regular tourists?

more
    • Regarding to Visa

Egypt Jun 30, 2014 at 1:30 AM

What does the expiry date means in Egypt Visa? Is that the date I must leave Egypt? Emergency and thanks.

more
    • varun2020's Profile Photo

Cairo - Current Political Situation

Cairo Jun 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hello All, I'm from India and will be visiting Cairo on a business trip in first week of July, 2014. I will have only 2 days in Cairo, so would like to make best use of them. appreciate if you please help with below questions ?

1. Shall I think of postponing my trip considering the current political situation.
      2. Which attractions shall I visit in Cairo on a weekend?
      3. Do's n Don't during Ramadan.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Varun

more
    • Is it really safe to travel to Sharm at the moment ??

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I am due to travel to Sharm on 7th August with my husband and two young boys but am debating whether to cancel it all. So upsetting as would loose a lot of money and was our 1st family holiday. From looking at the news it just doesn't seem safe. Im traveling from UK and would have thought the travel agents would have told me of risks but guess they don't care as long as they get their cut and gets more people flying into Egypt as I guess those numbers must be dwindling... Only myself to blame, gutted. Hotel looks really nice too :(

more
    • tips and spending money

Egypt Jun 29, 2014 at 2:56 AM

hi im thinking of going to sharm with my husband and 4boys aged 3/14/15/17 we are going to go all inclusive what would be the best month to go with the youngest one and how much do you think we will need for one week we may have a camel ride and my oldest son wants 1go at paraglide how much do you give them in tips as never been away b4 and iv been told they except british pounds is this correct and how much should i give and should i change all my money to egyptian pound thanks

more
    • survival in temple of Abu Simbel

by preciousnduruji Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

What do you need to survive in Abu Simbel and what supplies do you need

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • survival in temple of Abu Simbel

by preciousnduruji Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

What do you need to survive in Abu Simbel and what supplies do you need

• lclaudio's Profile Photo

worth stay by night?

by lclaudio Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hi again....i made fly,go and back, from aswan to abu simble, the same day, but, i was wondering if it worth, try to change fly back, to next day, stay in one of the few hotels, and misse one relaxing extra day in Aswan(i will not have many on my tour) in orden to see the temple by night and the night lightsound show....can you help me?

many thanks......luiz

2 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    • Day trip from Cairo or Luxor to Abu Simbel

by dathens Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Is it possible to take a day trip from Cairo or Luxor to Abu Simbel? Or does one have to stay the night in Aswan? Is it possible to book my own flight & catch a bus? Or is it best to book a tour? Any tour operators recommendations would be appreciated.

6 Answers Jan 11, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    • tmiles2

by tmiles2 Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM

What are bathroom facilities like at this location? Have a small child and bathrooms are a must!!!!

10 Answers Mar 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    • tours

by mmmat Online Now Apr 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM

hello i am organising a trip to a abu simbel for 15 archiological students and was inquiring on prices. thank you

1 Answer Apr 1, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    • sallyannethomas's Profile Photo

Bus from aswan to Abu Simbel

by sallyannethomas Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Can anyone advise me on the times and prices of local buses from Aswan to Abu Simbel? I would rather go on local transport than with a tour party.

Thank you
      Sally
      xxx

4 Answers Nov 25, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    • whats the fauna

by peachtigerpaw Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 6:18 AM

please could you tell me the name of the flowers in your picture and if the are available in the uk as i would love to grow them in my own garden.

2 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 2:07 PM
    • Day tour to Abu Simbel

by Sandy08 Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Hi. Am going to be travelling from Cairo over night to Aswan. I reach the station by 9.30 am on 7th May. I believe most tours to Abu Simbel begin really early like around 4 am. Do you know of any tours that begin later in the day and what would they cost? Thanks a ton.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2007 at 7:43 AM
    • flight to Aby Simbel from Aswan

by anna12345 Online Now Dec 27, 2006 at 8:12 AM

We would like to go to Abu Simbel from Aswan.
      We have same day evening transfer to the Train Station,to Cairo.

Is it more convinient to get to Abu Simbel by air than by bus, which takes 3.5 hours each way?
      Can we fly there and come back before the evening train to Cairo?
      Is anyone knows the flights schedule?
      Please, advise us. Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 30, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    • Abu Simbel

by SamsonLau Online Now Sep 21, 2006 at 11:49 PM

Is there any bagage keeping service in the Abu Simbel Airport or at the temple?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2006 at 6:20 AM
    • Stying at Abu Simbel

by shasbi Online Now Jun 23, 2006 at 11:09 PM

If we stay on Abu Simbel, can we walk to the temple, how far is the walk and can we get into the temple without being with a tour group and how much is it to get in?

6 Answers Aug 28, 2006 at 2:09 PM
    • Bus/Taxi from Aswan to Abu Simbel

by Krantik Online Now May 30, 2006 at 4:54 AM

I am panning to travel from Aswan to Abu Simbel by road. is it possible to travel bu bus around 10:00 a.m from Aswan to Abu Simbel and then return the next day by bus around the afternoon.

Also are there any private cars/taxi's available which I can hire and if yes what are the costs for the trip - one way/return?

Thanks!

11 Answers Mar 19, 2007 at 8:12 PM
    • Staying the night in Abu Simbel

by oliver99701 Online Now Apr 19, 2006 at 12:48 PM

I was thinking of going to Abu Simbel on the bus (convoy) but want to spend the night. Some of the posting say they will make you go back on the next bus. How do you avoid this? Why is there a need for a police convoy? (I must be a little out of touch with the news) Also one posting stated they won't go alone as a women Why? I will be traveling with with my two boys (13 and 11) and will dress modestly, avoid the eyes of men etc. Any thoughts?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2006 at 6:46 PM
    • Alexandria or Abu Simbel???

by comix007 Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 11:13 PM

We are visitin Egypt in april, and have an option of going to Abu Simbel or Alexandria given our limited time there. Please advise - which is the better one?

7 Answers May 12, 2006 at 12:16 AM
    • ComandanteG's Profile Photo

Plain or bus?

by ComandanteG Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 10:55 AM

We are planning to take the train from CAI to ASW and then going to ABS. This will be in August, so it should be very hot. I found there are two ways, or plain or bus. Of course bus should be the cheapest.

I am looking for advise. Perhaps if we arrive by train we may loose the bus or the flight, or perhaps is too hot to go by bus, or perhaps train+bus we will get too tired to see monuments.

3 Answers Mar 30, 2006 at 11:11 PM
    • pf_syd's Profile Photo

How long to spend

by pf_syd Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 9:45 AM

We will be in Egyt mid may and have the chance to go to Abu Simbel for 1 day. Out of the possile bus, flight and ship which allows the longest time at the temples?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2006 at 4:54 AM
    • Luxor to Abu Simbel

by baz_2003 Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 4:36 AM

Hi there,

Myself and some friends are travelling to Egypt for a week at the end of April. We will be staying in Luxor for the 7 days and have planned to do a day trip to Cairo during this time. Is it possible to do day trips to Abu Simbel from Luxor? Any ideas about the price?

Cheers!

Baz

2 Answers Mar 13, 2006 at 5:09 AM
    • sneakye's Profile Photo

Day trip to Abu Simbel

by sneakye Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 5:59 PM

My friend and I were not originally planning to go to Abu Simbel -
      we are in Egypt for seven days - and then we have to transfer
      back to london so we can fly home to sydney. (we're getting a london
      return ticket and doing europe and egypt)
      I was wondering if it would be possible to do Abu Simbel as a day trip.
      Unfortunatly we are not staying in Aswan (and it's really annoying that
      you can't fly directly from Luxor)
      We are in Cairo for 4 days
      and Luxor for 3.
      We don't want to travel by road - we want to fly.
      Do you think that it's probably insane to try and do Abu Simbel in that time
      or do you think it could be possible.

Emma

3 Answers Mar 30, 2006 at 11:27 PM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Abu Simbel

by elpariente Online Now Dec 30, 2005 at 1:14 AM

I am planning to be in Egypt al the end of January
      Somebody told me that Abu Simbel temple actually is in reconstruction and it is covered externally.
      Can anybody comfirm it? and if it is worthy to visit on this circunstances?
      Thank you

7 Answers Jan 1, 2006 at 3:49 PM
    • BruinKristin's Profile Photo

Transportation options from Abu Simbel to Israel

by BruinKristin Online Now Apr 23, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Greetings,
      What is the best (most economical) way to travel from Abu Simbel to the Egypt/Israel border? Our ultimate destination is Jerusalem from Abu Simbel. Is there a bus that will take us from Abu Simbel to Taba?
      Thank you!
      Kristin :)

1 Answer Apr 23, 2005 at 12:07 AM
    • Optional tour to Abu Simbel for $290 from Cairo - worth it?

by cyankov Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 1:11 PM

I will be on an 8-day tour of Egypt with a Nile cruise included and there is an option for290 to fly to Abu Simbel from Cairo instead of directly to Aswan, to visit the temple and then fly to Aswan that night to meet back up with the tour group. Is it worth the price?

If we didn't do that, we would be "taking a leisurely sailing trip on a felucca passing the Lord Kitchener's Botanical Garden and the Aga Khan Mausoleum." Doesn't sound as if we go in, just pass. Not sure if that sounds very exciting or worthwhile to spend the day??

Should we spring for the optional trip?

Thanks for your advise in advance!

5 Answers Mar 24, 2005 at 10:55 AM
    • Day trip from Luxor

by bakera Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 1:15 AM

Hello, Is it possible to visit Abu Simbel as a day trip, travelling from Luxor? We would like to fly directly into Abu Simbel from Luxor. I have looked at AirEgypt's schedule and can see daily flights from Cairo and Aswan, but not Luxor. Do other airlines/tour companies operate flights from Luxor to Abu Simbel? Andy.

5 Answers Jan 13, 2005 at 4:15 AM
    • kiss007's Profile Photo

How to go there from Hurghada

by kiss007 Online Now Jul 30, 2004 at 11:46 PM

Hi everybody. We are planning an Egypt trip with my friends. We will rent an appartments in Hurghada and I would like to know if we can organize a trip to Abu Simbel from Hurghada. Please recommend me a budget Aswan hotel. And how much it could cost for us. Also we would like to visit Alexandria but I think its not on the way to Abu Simbel.. Maybe you would be so kind to send me some Egypt map Online where I could see where are this cities.

7 Answers Aug 17, 2004 at 11:38 AM
    • saraheg77's Profile Photo

Is the Temple worth an extra $160 per person?

by saraheg77 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 7:25 AM

Hi, I am going on an 8-day excursion and the Temple of Abu Simbel is optional for an extra160 per person. Do you think it's worth the additional cost?? Thanks! Sarah :)

9 Answers Dec 4, 2004 at 6:18 AM
    • Cheap budget hotel

by webstop Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 8:37 PM

Hi, I am wondering if there is any cheap budget hotel in Abu Simbel? If not, is there any camping site? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2004 at 2:08 AM
    • arrange air flight to abu simbel

by Brookens Online Now Dec 24, 2003 at 6:48 AM

Hello all, How do i arrange the flight to abu simbel? How much does it cost? I could arrange this with the tour I will be with, but their cost is 250 usd. Does this price seem high? Thanks for helping....

7 Answers Jan 4, 2004 at 6:23 AM
    • Abu Simbel Festival

by JCarrion Online Now Nov 19, 2003 at 9:03 PM

Has anyone travled to Abu Simbel for the February 22 or October 22 festivals? I would like to hear about your experience, pros and cons. Is it possible to be inside the temple to witness the penetrating sun rays, or will there simply be way too many people trying to crowd in. I will be travelling there with my wife and son (who will be almost two years old). Do you know of any potential issues with traveling with a youn child? Thank you for your response.

5 Answers Nov 22, 2003 at 6:31 AM
    • Keith55's Profile Photo

Photo's of Abu Simbel

by Keith55 Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 11:04 AM

I have travelled to Egypt twice but unfortunately have not been able to visit Abu Simbel. I'm writing a book about Egypt for children/schools and need some pictures of Abu Simbel. I will hopefully visit it next year, but wish to complete my book before then. Can anyone help me with photo's of the Temples for my project. I do not expect it to be a best seller and may even pay for my own publishing, so I do not think i will make any money. So dont expect royalties!! seriously, any photo's would be appreciated. Thanks Keith

1 Answer Oct 7, 2003 at 2:26 PM
    • hholbrook's Profile Photo

Egypt questions

by hholbrook Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 9:24 AM

hi there, i was hoping someone who has been to egypt can give me some advice. I am looking for information on Abu Simble, how to get there from Aswan without a tour group, and how to get a short, 3/4 day nile cruise to luxor from aswan, without being on a package tour. any help would be great. i am going in beginning of january. Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 8, 2003 at 4:49 AM