Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Answers

change location

flight to Aby Simbel from Aswan

by anna12345 Online Now Dec 27, 2006 at 8:12 AM

We would like to go to Abu Simbel from Aswan.
We have same day evening transfer to the Train Station,to Cairo.

Is it more convinient to get to Abu Simbel by air than by bus, which takes 3.5 hours each way?
Can we fly there and come back before the evening train to Cairo?
Is anyone knows the flights schedule?
Please, advise us. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AllisonWundrland's Profile Photo

RE: flight to Aby Simbel from Aswan

by AllisonWundrland Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 2:57 AM

I second what Bonolux had to say; either way you should be back with plenty of time to catch your train.

If budget is important to you, I suggest sticking with the road. I can't remember what the exact price was, but I do recall thinking that the flight was really quite expensive, and much more so than what my Lonely Planet book said it would be. The drive to Abu Simbel went quickly, as it was so early and I slept most of the way. The 2 hours at the temple was the perfect amount of time, and the drive home was really pretty and didn't seem to drag too much.

Also be aware that there are usually 2 options when booking your tour. You can either do only the tour of Abu Simbel, or the tour along with a visit to the High Dam, the Temple of Isis, and the unfinished obelisque. Although you'd probably have time to do either, I'd suggest you only do the Abu Simbel tour so that you don't feel so rushed towards the end of the day. Make sure you are clear when you book about which tour you want, because we has some people with us that hadn't intended on seeing the extra stuff.

Enjoy your trip, you will love it!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • flyakite's Profile Photo

Re: flight to Aby Simbel from Aswan

by flyakite Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Check Egypt Air
    I'll be there in December/Jan.
    :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer