Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Answers

change location

Day trip from Luxor

by bakera Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 1:15 AM

Hello, Is it possible to visit Abu Simbel as a day trip, travelling from Luxor? We would like to fly directly into Abu Simbel from Luxor. I have looked at AirEgypt's schedule and can see daily flights from Cairo and Aswan, but not Luxor. Do other airlines/tour companies operate flights from Luxor to Abu Simbel? Andy.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • sayedaburas's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip from Luxor

by sayedaburas Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 3:53 PM

Hi Andy Abu Simbel is about three hours and half by road from Aswan, and 45 minutes by plane. There is no direct flight from Luxor to Abu Simbel. Also it is far by road from Luxor... Are you not going to Aswan? Let me know your priliminary schedule to advise accordingly

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Day trip from Luxor

by bakera Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 4:19 AM

We are in the process of deciding which cities to visit. We want this to be a special trip to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversay, therefore we want to mix viswiting monuments with some relaxing time as well. We will not be travelling until February 2006, but like to plan well in advance in order to secure the best hotels and flight times at the best prices. We will definitely be staying in Cairo and Luxor and were trying to decide between Aswan and a Red Sea resort for our third location. My wife does not like water and will not spend a night on a cruise, so we intend to fly between locations. Andy.

Re: Re: Day trip from Luxor

by sayedaburas Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 6:39 AM

Andy Initially we wish you a merry, pleasant and wonderful anniversary. How long do you intend to stay overall?

• Re: Re: Day trip from Luxor

by bakera Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 2:34 AM

Current plan is 3 nights in Cairo (possibly a resort by the Pyramids), 4 nights in Luxor and 4 nights in either Aswan or a Red Sea Resort. If visiting Abu Simbel from Luxor is not possible then we will definitely be going to Aswan. Andy.

Re: Re: Day trip from Luxor

by sayedaburas Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 4:15 AM

Well it can be arranged as follows: Warmly welcome Arrival to Cairo and stay there Fly to Abu Simbel 2hours and 35 minutes. Return Aswan by road about 3 hours. Take 3 nights Nile Cruise to visit all Upper Egypt (Nile waters are very very calm, fresh water sail, it is completely different from sea). From Luxor you will have 2 choices -go Hurgada by road, or -go Sharm El Shiekh by plane..it is up to you Finally go back Cairo to let my compatriots bid you a farewell. Just as a guideline. Let me know your impressions and give me the chance to rearrange according to your preferences. Best of luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Temple of Abu Simbel